[Today at 07:37:34 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by willie warrior
[Today at 05:36:43 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:04:53 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[Today at 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Looking for a spot to watch the tournament?  (Read 4944 times)

Sir Lawrence

• All American
Looking for a spot to watch the tournament?
« on: March 10, 2020, 04:17:50 PM »

Great selection of tap beers and bourbons.  And smoked salmon if you are keeping the lent on the 20th. 
Ludum habemus.

#UnleashSean

• All American
Re: Looking for a spot to watch the tournament?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2020, 05:26:10 PM »
Holy crap thats actually an insane deal.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2020, 05:36:56 PM »
Wow. May have to head there at some point.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2020, 07:19:18 PM »
Thanks, Sir. Goose and my boys will be there.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2020, 07:35:39 PM »
Thanks, Sir. Goose and my boys will be there.

Thank you Goose.  You’ve been a good customer from the get go.  My son-in-law appreciates it quite a bit. 
Ludum habemus.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2020, 09:13:23 AM »
It's a solid place. I've went their a handful of times before events downtown.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2020, 12:40:50 PM »
Wow...$25 all-you-can-eat.  You could get there for lunch and stay for dinner on any of those days, all while watching the Madness.  Is there a time limit?
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2020, 01:00:34 PM »
Sir

You take care of my kin, only fair to return the favor.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2020, 01:13:46 PM »
Wow...$25 all-you-can-eat.  You could get there for lunch and stay for dinner on any of those days, all while watching the Madness.  Is there a time limit?

Zero Admirals games at UWMPA that week. Bucks only play on the 19th. So, I'm sure they are looking for business that weekend.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2020, 01:15:29 PM »

They should change their ad before some clever 'Scooper lawyers-up and argues that it implies that the "$25 per person" covers the entire four days.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2020, 04:37:39 PM »

No time limit.  If you want to sit and eat wings and ribs for 12 hours, have at it.  Please buy beer. 
Ludum habemus.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2020, 04:47:49 PM »
No time limit.  If you want to sit and eat wings and ribs for 12 hours, have at it.  Please buy beer.

Of course!  Wings and ribs are no good without beer!  Neither is March Madness, for that matter.   ;D
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2020, 02:24:37 AM »
Does the deal still happen? Maybe while watching the meme tournament

Goose

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2020, 07:02:20 AM »
Sir

Goose and family will make a point to hit up Doc’s over next week. Time to support local biz. Hope his business is not affected too badly.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2020, 07:05:20 AM »
Restaurants will be .. destroyed in the next months.

One suggestion I saw that makes a lot of sense .. pick your favorite few restaurants and go in and buy gift certificates for a future dinner.

You're going to go there anyhow, you're just pre-paying and helping them survive.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2020, 07:09:55 AM »

One suggestion I saw that makes a lot of sense .. pick your favorite few restaurants and go in and buy gift certificates for a future dinner.

You're going to go there anyhow, you're just pre-paying and helping them survive.

That is a really great idea.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2020, 08:44:56 AM »

Smart idea. I'll be doing that for sure
Maigh Eo for Sam

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2020, 08:59:10 AM »

This is a great idea. Another idea is to use DoorDash/UberEats/Grubhub for delivery of your favorite restaurants (the majority of restaurants in Chicago are on at least one of them). You can ask them to leave the food at your front door. Wash your hands after opening up the packaging. There is currently no evidence COVID is passed via food.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2020, 09:01:53 AM »
This is a great idea. Another idea is to use DoorDash/UberEats/Grubhub for delivery of your favorite restaurants (the majority of restaurants in Chicago are on at least one of them). You can ask them to leave the food at your front door. Wash your hands after opening up the packaging. There is currently no evidence COVID is passed via food.

Solid plan but worth noting those services eat 20% or more of the margins.
Maigh Eo for Sam

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2020, 09:04:55 AM »
Good to see people think this is a solid idea.

I wonder .. could this be turned into a "challenge"?   You know, like you post something on social media,  tell people your 3 favorite restaurants and pick 3 other people to "challenge" to do the same/buy gift certs and keep the chain going.

It's a little pushy, but ..

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2020, 09:05:05 AM »
Solid plan but worth noting those services eat 20% or more of the margins.

Yes, those services are expensive. It is not ideal. Just another thought

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2020, 09:15:04 AM »
So if a delivery service eats into the margins, what about ordering take out and picking it up yourself? Someone at the restaurant (who almost certainly has been trained at this point to wash his/her hands) hands you a bag, you take it home and wash your hands thoroughly before opening it up and eating.

It doesn't solve the problem for waitstaff who rely on in-person customers for tips, but it gives the restaurant business without taking the grubhub fees off the top.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2020, 09:21:10 AM »

These are all good suggestions.  In the alternative, just go to the restaurants in question and eat a nice meal. I haven't seen any guidance from CDC or any other source suggesting that this is a problem. If you really don't want to remain in that environment, order take out. If the concern is spread of the virus, it would seem that going to the restaurant yourself (as opposed to using a delivery service) removes at least one person from the process. Think of how many people that delivery driver contacts as he or she bounces around the community delivering meals.

It seems pretty obvious to me that if your goals are to support local restaurants and help reduce risk of spreading the virus, going to the restaurant yourself if the far better choice.  But maybe I'm missing something.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2020, 09:24:54 AM »
Yes.  I'm going out to eat tonight.  No reason, unless you are symtomatic, to bunker down at this point. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2020, 09:25:52 AM »
Good to see people think this is a solid idea.

I wonder .. could this be turned into a "challenge"?   You know, like you post something on social media,  tell people your 3 favorite restaurants and pick 3 other people to "challenge" to do the same/buy gift certs and keep the chain going.

It's a little pushy, but ..
It does sound pushy. 
Nobody has bought a car in the last 3 days, and I'm a nice guy who needs to pay a mortgage, too.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2020, 09:26:49 AM »
Take a gander at yo cook and server. Ether of them got da sniffels, bolt four da door. Butt, don't touch da handle wen leavin', hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2020, 09:33:15 AM »
Yes.  I'm going out to eat tonight.  No reason, unless you are symtomatic, to bunker down at this point.

Very uncharacteristically for a weeknight, my wife and I went out to dinner yesterday with two of our daughters and their boyfriends. We had a great time on a somewhat unusual "triple date."

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2020, 10:14:03 AM »
People (not just in this thread) seem to forget that a lot of restaurants still have their own delivery services. It's good now to give more money to a local business instead of a cut going to a big corp like Uber, but I try to go that route as much as possible always. Uber doesn't care if my food is cold because I'll probably blame the restaurant and pick a different one off Uber Eats next time. The restaurant is much more invested in me being satisfied with their food.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2020, 11:28:41 AM »
Very uncharacteristically for a weeknight, my wife and I went out to dinner yesterday with two of our daughters and their boyfriends. We had a great time on a somewhat unusual "triple date."

I'm jealous of your mettle. I can't work up the courage to go out to eat at the moment. Going to get some take out from a good place this weekend though.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2020, 11:35:32 AM »
If you look at it from a sheer numbers perspective .. going out to eat this weekend and catching the virus is a very low %age.    It's a risk, but it honestly is a low one.

It's less of a risk than going to the market/CostCo right now .. I went yesterday and there were hundreds of people there.   A restaurant is going to have far less.

Next week, that risk will likely double+.  So .. get your Arby's right now, people. 

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2020, 12:01:31 PM »
Grubhub just suspended commissions it charges restaurants. That's awesome of them
Maigh Eo for Sam

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2020, 12:07:34 PM »
I was just talking with my wife about a friend's birthday party at an indoor trampoline park just got cancelled for next weekend. I was thinking too, those places, indoor entertainment places like Dave and Buster's, trampoline parks, those type of places are going to get destroyed here soon.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2020, 01:32:01 PM »
Every performance house, arena .. and movie theater.   

Anywhere that depends on customers, which is like everywhere.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2020, 01:38:49 PM »
Every performance house, arena .. and movie theater.   

Anywhere that depends on customers, which is like everywhere.

I realize I'm hijacking this thread now, and maybe this has been stated elsewhere, but what does ESPN do for the next month? Debate shows have nothing to debate, there's no games to televise, Sportscenter is useless.

And not just ESPN either, tv content for really anything that isn't already canned is going to come to a screeching halt.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2020, 01:51:07 PM »
I realize I'm hijacking this thread now, and maybe this has been stated elsewhere, but what does ESPN do for the next month? Debate shows have nothing to debate, there's no games to televise, Sportscenter is useless.

And not just ESPN either, tv content for really anything that isn't already canned is going to come to a screeching halt.

A lot of ESPN Classics aired on all iterations?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2020, 01:53:35 PM »

It isn't a great option, but maybe the best thing would be for them all to turn into their own versions of ESPN Classic. Have sports channels show great NCAA Tournament or NBA games from years past. Not ideal, but it may be the best they have....

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2020, 01:53:40 PM »
A lot of ESPN Classics aired on all iterations?

I saw it suggested somewhere on Twitter that ESPN should move up the 10 part doc series on The Last Run (or whatever it's called) about the Bulls, from June to next week.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2020, 01:56:27 PM »
I saw it suggested somewhere on Twitter that ESPN should move up the 10 part doc series on The Last Run (or whatever it's called) about the Bulls, from June to next week.

* Sports movies
* Sports Documentaries
* Classic games re-aired

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2020, 02:46:50 PM »
ESPN should just start Twitch streaming Fortnite matches or something.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2020, 04:04:39 PM »
Shameless plug:

(3/13/20) - By now, you've likely received a lot of emails about COVID-19, and understandably so. Our collective concerns about the virus and the rapidly evolving impact this pandemic has had on day-to-day life remain unavoidably front of mind. Travel is growing increasingly restrictive or otherwise prohibitive, social events are being canceled, and more people are being encouraged or instructed to work from home.

Those of us in hospitality, however, do not have the option to work remotely. Our vocation revolves around a passion for cooking things, serving people, cleaning, creating, and otherwise doing the things that bring happiness to others. We are grateful to all of our regulars and friends who have reached out to us or stopped by to check in. During this challenging time, let's all remember to support all industries of service however possible.

With that in mind, our Doc’s Smokehouse restaurants remain open and our team is dedicated to providing you with delicious BBQ, Bourbon and Beer. We continue to follow rigid guidelines and internal protocols for cleanliness and disinfecting throughout our restaurants for the benefit and safety of guests and staff alike. Our team has reviewed, and we encourage everyone to read the information from the CDC. We are actively exploring how to best modify our service model in line with these prevention protocols.

Beyond that, we entirely understand that many of you may be disinclined towards dining-in right now. To that end, as of today all Doc’s locations will offer curbside pickup. Call your neighborhood Doc’s and we will bring your order right to your car, as always our full menu will be available for curbside pickup. You may view or download our menu from our website

Simply put, we are here to serve you in whatever way suits you best, and we sincerely thank you for your patronage.

Ludum habemus.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2020, 04:13:38 PM »
Wow!!     Curbside pickup for $25 All-you-can-eat ribs and wings!!!!     ;D

(I know, I'm sure that special is for dine-in only)

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2020, 04:58:31 PM »
Shameless plug:

(3/13/20) - By now, you've likely received a lot of emails about COVID-19, and understandably so. Our collective concerns about the virus and the rapidly evolving impact this pandemic has had on day-to-day life remain unavoidably front of mind. Travel is growing increasingly restrictive or otherwise prohibitive, social events are being canceled, and more people are being encouraged or instructed to work from home.

Those of us in hospitality, however, do not have the option to work remotely. Our vocation revolves around a passion for cooking things, serving people, cleaning, creating, and otherwise doing the things that bring happiness to others. We are grateful to all of our regulars and friends who have reached out to us or stopped by to check in. During this challenging time, let's all remember to support all industries of service however possible.

With that in mind, our Doc’s Smokehouse restaurants remain open and our team is dedicated to providing you with delicious BBQ, Bourbon and Beer. We continue to follow rigid guidelines and internal protocols for cleanliness and disinfecting throughout our restaurants for the benefit and safety of guests and staff alike. Our team has reviewed, and we encourage everyone to read the information from the CDC. We are actively exploring how to best modify our service model in line with these prevention protocols.

Beyond that, we entirely understand that many of you may be disinclined towards dining-in right now. To that end, as of today all Doc’s locations will offer curbside pickup. Call your neighborhood Doc’s and we will bring your order right to your car, as always our full menu will be available for curbside pickup. You may view or download our menu from our website

Simply put, we are here to serve you in whatever way suits you best, and we sincerely thank you for your patronage.

Very cool. I am planning on continuing to do take out/delivery from some of my favorite restaurants here in Chicago.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2020, 05:01:07 PM »
Shameless plug:

Sir L, didnt realize you have a place in madison now.  Will pick up some chow soon.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2020, 05:01:20 PM »

If they started running March Madness stuff I would be down.  Start with Greatest First Round Upsets, some classics like the LMU game...then roll through as many final fours & championships as they own.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2020, 05:08:48 PM »
It would be cool if they got into televising some taped obscure stuff.....Olympic table tennis or curling. Just give people some different things to watch.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2020, 05:29:49 PM »

NFL Free Agency, yeah!

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2020, 06:01:36 PM »
It would be cool if they got into televising some taped obscure stuff.....Olympic table tennis or curling. Just give people some different things to watch.

The Ocho!

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2020, 08:19:41 PM »
Sir L, didnt realize you have a place in madison now.  Will pick up some chow soon.

Thank you.   Opened Madison two months ago.  Just getting traction until current events.   
Ludum habemus.