Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

When will Interim Coach Stan Johnson Take Over?

Halftime
9 (6.3%)
15 minutes after the game
7 (4.9%)
Following our BET loss
20 (14%)
Not happening. Keep Dreaming.
76 (53.1%)
Arby's
25 (17.5%)
Oh ye of little faith, we were just slow to get going.
6 (4.2%)

Total Members Voted: 143

Author Topic: Interim Coach Stan Johnson  (Read 21178 times)

harryp

• Starter
Re: Interim Coach Stan Johnson
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2020, 08:40:59 PM »
I wouldn't think we would hire another white guy

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2020, 08:43:26 PM »
I wouldn't think we would hire another white guy

What are you talking about and more importantly, what does it have to do with anything? 

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2020, 08:49:35 PM »
I love Stan.  He’s coaching his tail off, talking to Koby, coaching in huddles, he’s got my vote over the current

I mean, I think Stan is a very valuable part of THIS staff.  However, if he was really helping the players more than Wojo, don't you think we'd be winning more.   Stan has always been active with the players, IMO, it hasn't helped much when it comes to the 2nd half of conference seasons.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2020, 09:02:16 PM »
I mean, I think Stan is a very valuable part of THIS staff.  However, if he was really helping the players more than Wojo, don't you think we'd be winning more.   Stan has always been active with the players, IMO, it hasn't helped much when it comes to the 2nd half of conference seasons.

Stan has had to spend most all of his “coaching” time, keeping guys heads right, bolstering confidence, talking kids out of transferring - largely due to Wojo’s in-game coaching. He’s largely in damage control and preservation mode.

Beyond that, assistant coaches do not make substitutions. Let me know the next time you see an assistant coach call for one of our bench players to check in. Stan cannot at his discretion make substitutions.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2020, 09:09:19 PM »
Stan has had to spend most all of his “coaching” time, keeping guys heads right, bolstering confidence, talking kids out of transferring - largely due to Wojo’s in-game coaching. He’s largely in damage control and preservation mode.

Beyond that, assistant coaches do not make substitutions. Let me know the next time you see an assistant coach call for one of our bench players to check in. Stan cannot at his discretion make substitutions.

Oh good God.  ::)  :o
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2020, 09:11:12 PM »

And if he was as good at that as people believe, we'd have won a few more of the last 9 games.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2020, 09:21:27 PM »
Oh good God.  ::)  :o

Your pride and ego really aren’t serving you well. 

Sorry you went all in in the guy from Day 1, and have continued for 6 years, only to be left eating a big sh$t burger.

Time to let it go Wades. Stan may not be the answer, but, any, objective fan can realize Wojo sure as hell isn’t. 

The most die hard of Wojo backers tried to suggest that Butler and Xavier were rebuilding faster and better than Wojo because they hired from within. But now when I suggest doing the same? 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2020, 09:23:36 PM »
Your pride and ego really aren’t serving you well. 

Sorry you went all in in the guy from Day 1, and have continued for 6 years, only to be left eating a big sh$t burger.

Time to let it go Wades. Stan may not be the answer, but, any, objective fan can realize Wojo sure as hell isn’t. 

The most die hard of Wojo backers tried to suggest that Butler and Xavier were rebuilding faster and better than Wojo because they hired from within. But now when I suggest doing the same?

Shockingly, none of this has to do with the hysterically stupid claim you made that I replied to. You’ve made some really, really hilariously stupid claims here. That one topped it all.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2020, 09:24:10 PM »
And if he was as good at that as people believe, we'd have won a few more of the last 9 games.

Sure. But Stan wasn’t the coach putting Koby and Brendan back into the game in second half. I (and others) were incredulous in the game thread when we were on a run and Wojo brought Koby and Brendan back at 8 minute mark.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2020, 09:30:23 PM »
Hey listen to Ners.  The only thing stopping Stan Wooden from achieving his rightful place at the pinnacle of of the college coaching is pyramid is Wojo.

Just like Wojo cramped the development of Magic Johnson / Oscar Dawson.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2020, 09:32:07 PM »
Shockingly, none of this has to do with the hysterically stupid claim you made that I replied to. You’ve made some really, really hilariously stupid claims here. That one topped it all.

Dude. You have absolutely zero room to talk. You’ve been the biggest f’in Wojo cheerleader on this board for six years. And over and over and over again you just fail. You have ZERO credibility to suggest I make hilariously stupid claims.

auburnmarquette

• Team Captain
    • Value Add Explaination
« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2020, 09:34:38 PM »
Just stunned over all the mental mistakes Koby makes from the traveling, to wild passes, to stepping out if bounds on that breakaway for a 3 (I understand it when crowded in tight half court but not on an open court like that.) Bailey is just feast or famine.
http://www.pudnersports.com/ for my blogs or articles and www.valueaddbasketball.com for for current and historic rankings.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2020, 09:36:13 PM »
Dude. You have absolutely zero room to talk. You’ve been the biggest f’in Wojo cheerleader on this board for six years. And over and over and over again you just fail. You have ZERO credibility to suggest I make hilariously stupid claims.

You’re right. This team would be so much better if Stan could just coach the players on the team. Sadly he has to spend all of his time re-recruiting the players on the team to play for the coach they want to leave.

Lol. I tried. But no. Still absolutely hilariously stupid. And that’s understating how stupid it is.

But good take! No surprise you’d actually put that out there.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 09:37:59 PM by manesworld »

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2020, 09:38:09 PM »
Hey listen to Ners.  The only thing stopping Stan Wooden from achieving his rightful place at the pinnacle of of the college coaching is pyramid is Wojo.

Just like Wojo cramped the development of Magic Johnson / Oscar Dawson.

I don’t know how good of coach Stan can be. What I do know, is that he’s got a hell of a lot more charisma, presence, and potential than our current coach.

And I do know that promoting him into the slot would be the least disruptive to the program, and would be more feasible economically than trying to land a whale. 

• All American
« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2020, 09:44:19 PM »
I don’t know how good of coach Stan can be. What I do know, is that he’s got a hell of a lot more charisma, presence, and potential than our current coach.

And I do know that promoting him into the slot would be the least disruptive to the program, and would be more feasible economically than trying to land a whale. 

Yep. Just gotta turn it over to Stan Auerbach and all will be well.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2020, 09:45:39 PM »
You’re right. This team would be so much better if Stan could just coach the players on the team. Sadly he has to spend all of his time re-recruiting the players on the team to play for the coach they want to leave.

Lol. I tried. But no. Still absolutely hilariously stupid. And that’s understating how stupid it is.

But good take! No surprise you’d actually put that out there.

Yep. Pretty sure Sacar, Bailey, Cain all needed to be re-recruited last spring and Stan was the one charged with salvaging.

warriorfred

• All American
« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2020, 09:57:48 PM »
Yep. Pretty sure Sacar, Bailey, Cain all needed to be re-recruited last spring and Stan was the one charged with salvaging.

Is this sarcasm or actually true?

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #67 on: March 07, 2020, 09:58:53 PM »

And you know this how?

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #68 on: March 07, 2020, 10:01:23 PM »
And you know this how?

link=topic=60210.msg1219337#msg1219337 date=1583639868]
[/quote]

Was widely discussed here shortly after Hausers left.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #69 on: March 07, 2020, 10:06:08 PM »

Yep, until Joey was hurt too much and Dave thought they were a good package, players wanted to leave.

Once the over played vanilla soft serve departed, no one was leaving. Stan didn’t have to do anything.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #70 on: March 07, 2020, 10:07:39 PM »
link=topic=60210.msg1219337#msg1219337 date=1583639868]

Was widely discussed here shortly after Hausers left.

Oh so you read it on the Internet. Must be true then.

• All American
« Reply #71 on: March 07, 2020, 10:10:43 PM »
And you know this how?

He doesn’t.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #72 on: March 07, 2020, 10:19:54 PM »
I love Stan.  He’s coaching his tail off, talking to Koby, coaching in huddles, he’s got my vote over the current

So, that would mean he’s just as responsible for the meltdown.

The cult of Stan never fails to amuse. Classic backup quarterback syndrome here.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #73 on: March 07, 2020, 10:33:24 PM »
Yep, until Joey was hurt too much and Dave thought they were a good package, players wanted to leave.

Once the over played vanilla soft serve departed, no one was leaving. Stan didn’t have to do anything.

“Overplayed vanilla soft serve.”  GTFOH with that. 

You think Brendan Bailey is tough?  Think Bailey was better than Joey?  Please. Bailey was awful last year.

Hausers bailed because their eyes were wide open to Wojo’s inability to reign in Markus, and control the locker room.

Looks like the same movie this year. Sacar largely checked out. Koby clearly had a rough year. Team imploded down the stretch.

Who’s to blame for that this year, now that “vanilla soft serve” ain’t here?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #74 on: March 07, 2020, 10:39:08 PM »
“Overplayed vanilla soft serve.”  GTFOH with that. 

You think Brendan Bailey is tough?  Think Bailey was better than Joey?  Please. Bailey was awful last year.

Hausers bailed because their eyes were wide open to Wojo’s inability to reign in Markus, and control the locker room.

Looks like the same movie this year. Sacar largely checked out. Koby clearly had a rough year. Team imploded down the stretch.

Who’s to blame for that this year, now that “vanilla soft serve” ain’t here?

You speak with no substance. Shh.

Joey Hauser may be the worst recruit in MU history, that’s on Wojo. Over promised an overrated talent due to injury. Hope he can find the game that made him hyped in the first place, if not, it’ll be an interesting career.

Sam would still be with his former best friend Markus if Joey went to Izzo in the first place.