Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Pull the Plug  (Read 10867 times)

GoldenDieners32

• All American
Re: Pull the Plug
« Reply #75 on: March 04, 2020, 09:10:40 AM »
Markus is a great player obviously and can score whenever he wants, but when he broke his nose or is in foul trouble and out of the game for a significant amount of time, it looks like we play just as good if not better without. Not saying we don't need markus its just my opinion

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #76 on: March 04, 2020, 09:14:30 AM »
Markus is a great player obviously and can score whenever he wants, but when he broke his nose or is in foul trouble and out of the game for a significant amount of time, it looks like we play just as good if not better without. Not saying we don't need markus its just my opinion

Markus has some Brett Favre in him.  He can lead you to a win in spectacular fashion.......or be the reason the wheels come off.  Next year the team will be forced to win in team fashion. 

f/k/a humanlung

• All American
« Reply #77 on: March 04, 2020, 10:08:02 AM »
He's playing for a lower seed so that the run to a Championship is all the more magical

I applaud this sarcasm.  Well done.

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #78 on: March 04, 2020, 10:32:11 AM »

There is some serious Ewing Theory potential with this team.  Markus is great, but could the team be better without him?

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #79 on: March 04, 2020, 10:37:33 AM »
There is some serious Ewing Theory potential with this team.  Markus is great, but could the team be better without him?

I don’t know. Unless Koby’s thumb is really holding him back, I worry we don’t have anyone to really create a shot. Although, if we get some ball movement, maybe that frees up some shots.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #80 on: March 04, 2020, 10:40:46 AM »
You really think wardle or diener head coach would be a significant downgrade.  I bet a lot of alums would be ok with that hire ( who are we gonna get if wojo leaves!!???) promote another assistant?   

Most mediocre post in Scoop history.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #81 on: March 04, 2020, 11:19:21 AM »
Let’s gaslight the best pure scorer in MU history instead of holding the coach accountable for not translating that into team success.  Unbelievable argument shift, Manes. Kudos.

Not really gaslighting anyone.  Right now the offense doesn't revolve around ball or player movement, it revolves around getting, as you say, the best pure scorer in MU history the ball.  The problem is that great scorer doesn't read the game very well, and in Big East play over the course of his career teams have hounded him with multiple players running at him.  He's too small to make plays out of that situation.

There will be some hero ball next year, but if it's Garcia he'll have the physical size to get out of some situations that Markus can't.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

g0lden3agle

• All American
« Reply #82 on: March 04, 2020, 11:38:34 AM »
Should we hope for

1) Wojo craps our the next 2 games (as expected now) and the ncaa rightfully snubs a team with a losing conference record and finishing 1-7’on the season and mu fires him

2) Wojo goes on a run in BE tourney or makes and wins a game in the tourney so he is attractive to a bottom feeder P5 team to hire

Sadly I think it is 2 and it won’t happen.

If these are my two options of hoping for something #2 is 100% what I’d hope for

feedback