[Today at 09:51:44 AM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by Zog from Margo
[Today at 09:41:55 AM]

Big East 23-24 NCAA and NIT Results by cheebs09
[Today at 09:36:47 AM]

Pep Band/Cheerleaders by TallTitan34
[Today at 09:22:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Of interest  (Read 5888 times)

Galway Eagle

• All American
Re: Of interest
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2020, 03:17:11 PM »
Maybe it's deja vu but I swear he released almost the exact same article a few months back
Maigh Eo for Sam

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2020, 03:52:19 PM »
Maybe it's deja vu but I swear he released almost the exact same article a few months back
Based on the quotes I’d say not.

Good article thanks for posting! Actually changes my opinion of Powell.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 03:56:48 PM by NickelDimer »
No Finish Line

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2020, 03:54:57 PM »
Based on the quotes I’d say not.

Good article thanks for posting!

I know it's not the exact same but I swear there was an article that was about their friendship before the first game.
Maigh Eo for Sam

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2020, 03:56:43 PM »
Fairly sure the announcers talked about it during the first MU-SHU game as well.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2020, 04:02:10 PM »
We can hope tomorrow is Markus's day and not Myles.
Wasn't the first game all Myles?

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2020, 04:05:50 PM »
We can hope tomorrow is Markus's day and not Myles.
Wasn't the first game all Myles?

No, he didn't play poorly but it some random guy to my recollection.
Maigh Eo for Sam

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2020, 04:20:31 PM »
Yeah, it's a nice story, but I'll still boo Powell tomorrow when he starts assing it up on the court.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2020, 04:21:44 PM »
No, he didn't play poorly but it some random guy to my recollection.

According to the box, Powell had 23 points, 7 rebounds, 2 assists and 3 steals. He took plenty of shots to get his points, but nobody else stands out. Gill was the next best with 10 and 6.

Markus was actually the overall leading scorer (27) and took the same number of shots as Powell. Shows you how stats can get buried when the team plays poorly.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 04:23:33 PM by GooooMarquette »

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2020, 04:37:33 PM »

According to the box, Powell had 23 points, 7 rebounds, 2 assists and 3 steals. He took plenty of shots to get his points, but nobody else stands out. Gill was the next best with 10 and 6.

Markus was actually the overall leading scorer (27) and took the same number of shots as Powell. Shows you how stats can get buried when the team plays poorly.

Hmm could've sworn it was some random guy my bad thanks for th fact check :)
Maigh Eo for Sam

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2020, 05:31:38 PM »
Hmm could've sworn it was some random guy my bad thanks for th fact check :)

Honestly, I thought the same thing, and went to the box score to figure out who it was.

After seeing this, I'm guessing peoples' attitude about Powell's performances are similar to those about Markus' - if he doesn't have a spectacular game, people remember it as him having an off-game. Like all of Markus' "quiet" 30-point games.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2020, 05:49:58 PM »
Powell may have respect for Howard, but he has zero respect for Marquette, Wojo, or the rest of the MU players. This was on full display last year in the BE tournament when he elbowed Anim, went after Theo, and talked crap to Wojo after the game. This article does nothing for me and seems pretty phoney, to be honest.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2020, 05:57:37 PM »
hey 82-you ever rub shoulders with j.p.pelzman fella?  just curious.  nice article
don't...don't don't don't don't

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2020, 05:58:47 PM »
Powell may have respect for Howard, but he has zero respect for Marquette, Wojo, or the rest of the MU players. This was on full display last year in the BE tournament when he elbowed Anim, went after Theo, and talked crap to Wojo after the game. This article does nothing for me and seems pretty phoney, to be honest.

Well put.  The guy's a d bag and those antics are hardly outside the norm for him.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2020, 06:01:40 PM »

oh shucky darns!  i forgot about that incident...yeah, what was up with that?  a good follow up question would have been to ask...you know what the response would be- 1) no comment
                             2) in the heat of the battle, emotions run high
                             3) next question
                             4)crean sucks
                             5) eat at arby's and don't forget to tip your waitress
don't...don't don't don't don't

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2020, 06:15:25 PM »
Well put.  The guy's a d bag and those antics are hardly outside the norm for him.

I don't doubt his relationship with Howard is genuine, and he may very well be a great dude off the court, he's just got a horrific attitude on it.  People play up that "Markus is a cancer" angle cause of the Hausers, but they would have an absolute fit if he had the body language or lack of effort off the ball that Powell does when he's not playing well.  I'm not sure how much its Powell's personality and how much it feel like Willard tries to instill that dbag mentality and attitude into his teams.

dajudge

• Starter
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2020, 06:33:14 PM »
I’m with you

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2020, 06:41:27 PM »
I don't doubt his relationship with Howard is genuine, and he may very well be a great dude off the court, he's just got a horrific attitude on it.  People play up that "Markus is a cancer" angle cause of the Hausers, but they would have an absolute fit if he had the body language or lack of effort off the ball that Powell does when he's not playing well.  I'm not sure how much its Powell's personality and how much it feel like Willard tries to instill that dbag mentality and attitude into his teams.

Yeah, I really hate guys that play hard all of the time. When Theo knocks someone around, we all praise him for his attitude and tough play. When an opponent knocks someone around, he's just a dirty player.

I happen to love the way Powell plays and would take him on my team any time.

Finally, I hope Markus outscores him 38-5 tomorrow.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2020, 09:17:12 PM »
Yeah, I really hate guys that play hard all of the time. When Theo knocks someone around, we all praise him for his attitude and tough play. When an opponent knocks someone around, he's just a dirty player.

I happen to love the way Powell plays and would take him on my team any time.

That wasn’t what I was referring to at all. I can think of 2, maybe 3 games I’ve watched this year where Powell was not playing well and he was the opposite of “playing hard all the time”. I wasn’t even pointing to the BET game at all

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2020, 11:12:19 PM »

It's a shame that they don't take character into account when voting for BEPOY and NPOY. It would be no contest.
Have some patience, FFS.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2020, 02:56:52 AM »
I'll still boo Powell tomorrow

How dare you debase the dignity of the Court of Honor! Such behavior only cheapens the solemnity and purity of the sport and reflects poorly on your character. Reflects very poorly, indeed!

Death on call

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2020, 08:28:19 AM »

I was kinda hoping for Markus to break 50 on Senior Day. How about 58-3?

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2020, 08:44:14 AM »

Hell yeah

Ardmore Mug

• All American

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #24 on: February 29, 2020, 01:38:57 PM »
It's a shame that they don't take character into account when voting for BEPOY and NPOY. It would be no contest.

I agree that Markus’ character is off the charts.

I disagree that we need to tear someone else down to build up Markus. It’s not necessary.

feedback