[Today at 02:05:40 PM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by MU82
[Today at 01:58:18 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[Today at 01:49:43 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Galway Eagle
[Today at 01:20:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Georgetown Game Thread  (Read 15099 times)

cheebs09

• All American
Re: Georgetown Game Thread
« Reply #125 on: February 27, 2020, 08:52:33 AM »
I've seen multiple comments on Twitter about Woj being very non-demonstrative and showing little emotion this evening.

Following up on this. He was definitely sitting on the bench way more than usual. He is typically pretty demonstrative on the sidelines, so maybe this was an adjustment with the losing streak.

I wouldn’t say he looked checked out though. He was fired up by Cain’s play and when Markus did #TheThing. I think that may have been something Stan was working on because Wojo patted him on the back and was excited as soon as that happened.

Miss Katie’s

• All American
« Reply #126 on: February 27, 2020, 09:46:01 AM »
Following up on this. He was definitely sitting on the bench way more than usual. He is typically pretty demonstrative on the sidelines, so maybe this was an adjustment with the losing streak.

I wouldn’t say he looked checked out though. He was fired up by Cain’s play and when Markus did #TheThing. I think that may have been something Stan was working on because Wojo patted him on the back and was excited as soon as that happened.

Thanks for your follow up on this.  I had been with wondering what others saw/thought.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #127 on: February 27, 2020, 10:43:05 AM »
You lost four players mid season to transfers, McClung for like 6 games and Yurtseven for 4. That is just brutal, especially McClung and Yurtseven, with them you had a chance.  Cannot blame it on Ewing, but he needs to rebuild very quickly and Georgetown is not big on JUCOs.  Believe 3 commits so far, but nobody really high ranked in 2020. 

You will lose Allen, Yurtseven and Mosely and count in those four who transferred and that's seven scholarships open.  Not good.

Does Yurtseven have a chance to get a waiver?  He played 2 years at NC State and 1 year at Gtown. Not sure of his exact circumstances, but he should have another year of eligibility no?
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #128 on: February 27, 2020, 12:02:04 PM »
Does Yurtseven have a chance to get a waiver?  He played 2 years at NC State and 1 year at Gtown. Not sure of his exact circumstances, but he should have another year of eligibility no?

http://www.guhoyas.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/omer-yurtseven/11224

He's a senior and gone.  If he was a junior, he would have probably been gone, he is borderline first round in some mock drafts. 

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #129 on: February 27, 2020, 02:25:19 PM »
http://www.guhoyas.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/omer-yurtseven/11224

He's a senior and gone.  If he was a junior, he would have probably been gone, he is borderline first round in some mock drafts.

But theoretically, if he wanted to stay (I am sure he'll go pro - who doens't want to play in G league!?!?!), could he get a waiver?  I don't see why he wouldn't have another year of eligibility. 

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #130 on: February 27, 2020, 02:29:48 PM »
Why would he need a waiver?  Wouldn't he just have the 4th year after sitting out one?

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #131 on: February 27, 2020, 02:30:57 PM »
Why would he need a waiver?  Wouldn't he just have the 4th year after sitting out one?

He is listed a senior.  Most people that play 2 years somewhere, then transfer and sit out a year, are listed as RSJR.  Koby for example isn't listed as a senior.  Yurtseven is.  Not sure why, exactly. 

joparks

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #132 on: February 27, 2020, 05:18:08 PM »
You don't boo a tournament team.  A 3 game losing streak isnt a late season collapse. Grow tougher and don't be a whiny b*tch

Jake, losing 3 games in a row wasn't the reason the fans were feeling the way they were feeling.  It was the way they played in the 3 games which if you are being honest with yourself was not good and that's putting it lightly.  In all 3 games they failed to answer the bell at the start of the game.  The way they started the last 3 games, I think it's justified.  Tournament team or not.

Jury is still out.  For me, yesterday's win over a team in free-fall doesn't instill any new confidence that this team is going deep.  I'm glad they won, I feel better than I would have had this game been close but If I'm betting, I'm still shorting MU for this season.  It's not about being tough, it's about rationalizing what you are seeing.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #133 on: February 27, 2020, 05:20:11 PM »
Jake, losing 3 games in a row wasn't the reason the fans were feeling the way they were feeling.  It was the way they played in the 3 games which if you are being honest with yourself was not good and that's putting it lightly.  In all 3 games they failed to answer the bell at the start of the game.  The way they started the last 3 games, I think it's justified.  Tournament team or not.

Jury is still out.  For me, yesterday's win over a team in free-fall doesn't instill any new confidence that this team is going deep.  I'm glad they won, I feel better than I would have had this game been close but If I'm betting, I'm still shorting MU for this season.  It's not about being tough, it's about rationalizing what you are seeing.

Booing your team is never justified. Especially so with college kids. Booing happened in gsme 2 of big east season. This is about being tough. Being a better person. Quit scapegoating sh*tty fan behavior and look in a mirror.

Was the streak frustrating? Sure. The Providence game soured my mood a bit that day. Still doesn't justify stupid behavior. Be the positive difference, rather than a useless detractor--it's selfish and shows a lack of support for kids who are busting their asses off day in and day out while you armchair.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 05:40:27 PM by JakeBarnes »
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

MU1980

• Starter
« Reply #134 on: February 27, 2020, 05:53:07 PM »

Very classy that you feel it is okay to boo your team and then try to justify it.  Tells me a lot more about you and these other so called fans, than it does the team.  I was as frustrated as anyone with the three game losing streak, but it would never have occured to me to boo at yesterdays game.  What I find interesting is that for the most part the most critical and vocally negative fans were never even close to being a division I athlete. They have no clue what it is like to compete or coach at this kind of level on a daily basis.  It is far from easy and teams go through bad stretches and good stretches and the really, really good teams are able to limit those bad stretches, but like our '77 team, they still have them.  Booing is never good unless the team or coaches are doing something illegal, unethical or they just don't care.  That is absolutely not the case here.   

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #135 on: February 27, 2020, 05:57:50 PM »
Curious to know if any other Top 30 teams are booing their coach

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #136 on: February 27, 2020, 06:07:47 PM »

Ron Howard voice: they weren't.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #137 on: February 27, 2020, 06:15:46 PM »
Ron Howard voice: they weren't.
You lost me on that one Jake. I wasn't at the game, was Wojo being booed or not?

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #138 on: February 27, 2020, 07:36:47 PM »
Only those teams that are justified in doing so because 1) they won a title 40 years ago (HERITAGE) and 2) they spend money on the program. 

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #139 on: February 27, 2020, 07:43:06 PM »
You lost me on that one Jake. I wasn't at the game, was Wojo being booed or not?

Sorry the context was "the other teams dont." Poor wording on  my part

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #140 on: February 27, 2020, 08:39:59 PM »
Sorry the context was "the other teams dont." Poor wording on  my part
No worries, you can blame it on my age, as well as other stating the "fans" were saying Wooojjj