Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Wojo's Dirty End of Game  (Read 18289 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Re: Wojo's Dirty End of Game
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2020, 08:12:19 PM »
LOl payed to coach team to best position. So his hand is forced due to ncaa. Really you and Keefe know sh@t. Meat summit is for the weak.

in the end, our net means squat!  the way we're playing, it's like cheating the net.  oh boy, we get a 6 seed instead of a 7 then promptly get our asses handed to us buy the 12 ? 

at least earn your spot b/c in the end, the cream rises to the top

don't...don't don't don't don't

Goose

• All American
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2020, 08:12:38 PM »
Wadesworld

It was a low point. If you cannot play like an NCAA team for 39 minutes take your lumps and deliver the next four games. That was a poor decision by the HC.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2020, 08:15:08 PM »
Wadesworld

It was a low point. If you cannot play like an NCAA team for 39 minutes take your lumps and deliver the next four games. That was a poor decision by the HC.

Yeah I was much more embarrassed about how they played overall than a timeout with the game out of reach.

But sure. Low point in the 103 year history of MU basketball is a random timeout in a road game mid conference season.

We’ve certainly had it good boys and girls.

Lol.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2020, 08:16:20 PM »
Funny if we don't do it and NET goes South then you all will say how the coach is not doing his job. The hypocrisy here is amazing.
Goal is National Championship

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2020, 08:21:13 PM »
Sure, extending the game could’ve helped our NET if we got it under 10 or whatever.
Or whatever?
This explains h
This thread perfectly.
Idiots.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2020, 08:22:10 PM »
Silent

There are folks on here that get wood over a nine point loss against a Q1 team on a neutral court. I really think they could skip watching the game and wait for the computer print out. We sucked today if we lost by one or hundred and one.
Wrong. I'm pissed about outcome but need to do all possible for best outcome NCAA tournament. Plain and simple. Terrible game....

Goose

• All American
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2020, 08:23:09 PM »
Wadesworld

It was not the low point, but not one to be proud of. I would never pull that stunt to help on NET ratings. I would much rather win the next four by average of 20 points than pull a stunt like today.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2020, 08:23:17 PM »
Was Cooley playing dirty and a disgrace, because he not only kept his starters in but was putting on a full-court press up double digits, even before we started fouling?

It's basketball. It is all about getting into the NCAA tournament and that means a higher NET rating. Cooley had on the full court press for the same reason Wojo played hard to the end.
These people don't understand the new evaluation rules....

Goose

• All American
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2020, 08:26:22 PM »
News

The coach is not doing his job if we get in or not. Any half ass team will get in this year.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2020, 08:27:41 PM »
Silent

There are folks on here that get wood over a nine point loss against a Q1 team on a neutral court. I really think they could skip watching the game and wait for the computer print out. We sucked today if we lost by one or hundred and one.

LOL

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2020, 08:29:22 PM »
News

The coach is not doing his job if we get in or not. Any half ass team will get in this year.
Boy you lack knowledge....

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2020, 08:30:27 PM »
LOL
Yeah, he has no clue and he is younger than me.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2020, 08:31:23 PM »
Silent

You then have no idea how this works.
If you are about to lose the game....and the loss is inevitable...you do whatever you can to make the loss have the least impact on your season’s end of year resume. It’s not that hard to understand.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2020, 08:32:25 PM »

in the end, our net means squat!  the way we're playing, it's like cheating the net.  oh boy, we get a 6 seed instead of a 7 then promptly get our asses handed to us buy the 12 ? 

6 seeds play 12 seeds this year?

Goose

• All American
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2020, 08:34:36 PM »
Final Four
No crap I know how it works. I also know they looked like a high school team today and you let the clock run out. Play like an NCAA team moving forward and everything is fine.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2020, 08:35:05 PM »

math is not your strong suit. Waiting for that famous 6 12 matchup. I kid because I care

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2020, 08:36:06 PM »
You then have no idea how this works.
If you are about to lose the game....and the loss is inevitable...you do whatever you can to make the loss have the least impact on your season’s end of year resume. It’s not that hard to understand.
Yeah he doesn't understand how the new selection rules work. Lot of people here don't understand. Not just about wins and loses any longer.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2020, 08:36:23 PM »
What do you really think about wojo willie

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2020, 08:38:26 PM »
Wadesworld

It was not the low point, but not one to be proud of. I would never pull that stunt to help on NET ratings. I would much rather win the next four by average of 20 points than pull a stunt like today.

It really wasn’t that big of a deal. Calm down.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2020, 08:40:25 PM »
Final Four
No crap I know how it works. I also know they looked like a high school team today and you let the clock run out. Play like an NCAA team moving forward and everything is fine.
Obviously you don't know how it works....

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2020, 08:42:17 PM »
Wadesworld

I would much rather win the next four by average of 20 points than pull a stunt like today.
Uh, yeah, I think everyone would rather do that. In the grand scheme of things, its not a big deal. We get it that you dislike Markus, and Wojo.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2020, 08:46:04 PM »
lawdog

How do you equate my feelings for Wojo and Howard over winning the next four by 20? I would like Wojo a ton more if we win the next four by 20 than the stunt today. That was a desperate move.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2020, 08:48:23 PM »
Low point of the program is when our coach took a timeout at the end of a game while losing?

Meanwhile, MU was on the front page of newspapers for sexual assault.

Okay...

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2020, 08:52:56 PM »
lawdog

How do you equate my feelings for Wojo and Howard over winning the next four by 20? I would like Wojo a ton more if we win the next four by 20 than the stunt today. That was a desperate move.
you misread my intentions there. I thought you were being Captain Obvious by stating you would rather win the next 4 by 20 than do that "stunt". Who wouldn't. Your dislike of the Markus Wojo combo is pretty evident. Listen, I am not in the practices or the huddles, but it just feels like to me that other players need to be more assertive on the offensive end.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2020, 08:59:55 PM »
lawdog

I think Howard is a very good player and someone that will be remembered fondly for years by any knowledgeable MU fan. My only gripe on him is the stupid GOAT threads.

As for Wojo, my thoughts have not changed over past three years, he is in over his head if MU wants to have a real basketball program.

feedback