[Today at 11:26:20 AM]

NC State by MUMountin
[Today at 11:25:44 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 11:15:58 AM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:50:38 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: 4 assists  (Read 6987 times)

Shooter McGavin

• All American
Re: 4 assists
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2020, 12:44:24 AM »
Id take Chartouney over Mcewen

Is Symir the answer?  Is it worth starting him at point guard going forward and decreasing McEwen’s playing time?  I know his defense is subpar right now but would playing him at point exponentially help us offensively?  If the answer is yes,  we need to make the change now.  I really do t know the answer to this question.  Curious what you and aircraft carrier think.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2020, 02:37:58 AM »
Shooter

I would have been playing Symir as many minutes as possible. At this point Koby is likely the better player and that is why he is getting the playing time. I would have given Symir significant playing time if I were Wojo.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2020, 06:32:03 AM »
Shooter

I would have been playing Symir as many minutes as possible. At this point Koby is likely the better player and that is why he is getting the playing time. I would have given Symir significant playing time if I were Wojo.

So we can turn the ball over even more and defend worse???
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2020, 06:45:12 AM »
Shooter

It doesn’t matter. The ball will find it’s way to Markus and never come out again while everyone else sets picks or stands in the corner. If someone actually cuts to the hoop or rolls after setting the pick, the ball won’t come to them 9 times out of 10. That is our offense.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2020, 06:52:16 AM »
Fluff

Wojo sacrifices player development to be a bubble team year after year. If the kid can’t play, then recruit over him. If Wojo thinks he is the future PG he should give him minutes.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2020, 07:08:18 AM »
Fluff

Wojo sacrifices player development to be a bubble team year after year. If the kid can’t play, then recruit over him. If Wojo thinks he is the future PG he should give him minutes.

Giving people minutes they don’t deserve to develop them is a terrible strategy.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Goose

• All American
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2020, 07:25:37 AM »
We disagree. We need to get him ready and this year likely was not going result in a deep run in the tourney regardless.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2020, 07:53:32 AM »
McEwen was horrible again yesterday- zero assists, 5 turnovers, offered no scoring, and he’s slow footed defensively. This has been his pattern all year.  He’s been a disaster. He’s offered two good moments essentially- last 2 or 3 minutes and overtime’s against X and 2nd half against Purdue.  I’ll throw in he was decent in win over Nova.

What have we really had to lose by not giving Symir more opportunities and play through mistakes?!  He’s made passes and set up bigs for baskets in very limited opportunities no one else has shown ability to do.  He can knock down open looks and has a good handle.  But Wojo has done nothing to develop him with meaningful game  minutes and now that ship has probably sailed at this point.

He could have worked through mistakes of inexperience and been a key part of rotation now I think and largely replaced a less talented player in McEwem masquerading as a PG and Big East level player.

Symir is going to be good. I hope he gives program another chance and doesn’t bolt to prove it elsewhere
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 08:01:18 AM by HutchwasClutch »

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2020, 09:28:16 AM »
Symir turns the ball over more than Koby. Or at least that was the case last I looked. And is a worse scoring threat and defender. Yes I think he is going to be good, but this is back up quarterback syndrome pure and simple.

And what did we have to lose?  We were ranked in the mid teens a couple weeks ago with a tough stretch of games. Playing Symir coming off three wins would have been foolish.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2020, 10:38:16 AM »
On one end. One of the worst players in the country on the other. Rowsey was a capable ball handler and passer.

Capable and good are different. MU has not had a single skilled true PG in years.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2020, 11:09:58 AM »
Capable and good are different. MU has not had a single skilled true PG in years.

Because your definition of a "true" point is outdated and incorrect.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2020, 11:15:04 AM »
Fluff

We haven't been a bubble team the past two years.

I suppose this year is technically still up in the air until we win another game.

Aircraftcarrier

• Team Captain
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2020, 11:22:39 AM »
UnleashJayce.Which of these players have you seen play at MU.Meminger,Boylan,Worthen,Henry,Miller and Diener?

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2020, 01:23:57 PM »
A better assist rate doesn't mean better offense. We got to the line a ton and scored 1.00 ppp. The assist rate of 20% is low, but so what?

The game before we scored only 0.92 ppp and had a whopping 68% assist rate.

It's stylistic. You can be a ultra-efficient offense with a low assist rate, and a crappy offense that struggles to score but has a high assist rate.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Aircraftcarrier

• Team Captain
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2020, 01:35:26 PM »
JayBee that is true but you can't have an almost 5 to 1 ratio in turnovers compared to assists in a game.You will lose every game with that ratio.Until Wojo gets more consistent play at the PG position MU will struggle.McEwen played 24 minutes and had 5 turnovers and zero assists.You are not winning with those stats from the PG position
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 01:41:13 PM by Aircraftcarrier »

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2020, 01:49:09 PM »
JayBee that is true but you can't have an almost 5 to 1 ratio in turnovers compared to assists in a game.You will lose every game with that ratio.Until Wojo gets more consistent play at the PG position MU will struggle.McEwen played 24 minutes and had 5 turnovers and zero assists.You are not winning with those stats from the PG position

Again, you're trying to make assists something they are not. 'Assist to turnover ratio' is mixing up two distinct stats. A guard having 5 turnovers and zero assists doesn't mean you can't win a game.

5 turnovers is going to be bad unless the usage is off the charts, but zero assists doesn't mean your offense was bad.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Aircraftcarrier

• Team Captain
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2020, 01:53:36 PM »
Maybe from your Center but from your PG it is a big problem

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2020, 01:55:02 PM »
Again, you're trying to make assists something they are not. 'Assist to turnover ratio' is mixing up two distinct stats. A guard having 5 turnovers and zero assists doesn't mean you can't win a game.

5 turnovers is going to be bad unless the usage is off the charts, but zero assists doesn't mean your offense was bad.

I'd just block him. He's either a troll or someone with no basketball knowledge

Aircraftcarrier

• Team Captain
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2020, 02:37:40 PM »
You are right Unleashjayce,I don't know basketball.Why don't you call Mike Hopkins and ask him what his teams problem has been the last 13 games.That is if you know who Mike Hopkins is.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 07:14:25 PM by Aircraftcarrier »

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2020, 03:49:19 PM »
 :-[8
JayBee that is true but you can't have an almost 5 to 1 ratio in turnovers compared to assists in a game.You will lose every game with that ratio.Until Wojo gets more consistent play at the PG position MU will struggle.McEwen played 24 minutes and had 5 turnovers and zero assists.You are not winning with those stats from the PG
 position
Koby had the dumbest play of the game as he abandoned the paint to go to his man allowing the player at the top of the key a free shot at the basket. The rest of the team was spread out nobody within 10' of the basket as we allowed player to walk to the basket. Sometimes I think the team and coach all lack bball i.q.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2020, 05:42:39 PM »
Does Markus ever have an assist?

He assisted on getting the Baby Joey to leave the team.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

feedback