'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Coaching Carousel by willie warrior
[Today at 03:50:16 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: If Wojo left the program today...  (Read 36745 times)

#UnleashSean

• All American
Re: If Wojo left the program today...
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2020, 10:31:57 AM »
There is no excuse for booing your team or coach in public.  Period.

lol?

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2020, 10:36:30 AM »
There is no excuse for booing your team or coach in public.  Period.

There’s no excuse for booing amateur athletes, ever, unless it’s in fun when you’re booing the visitors, or getting on a guy like Brad Davison who plays dirty.  But a coach who’s making a cool $2 million a year?  Fair game if he’s not producing.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2020, 10:39:02 AM »
I do not believe I have ever booed a player or a coach, at least as an adult. Have booed refs over the years.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2020, 10:48:19 AM »
There’s no excuse for booing amateur athletes, ever, unless it’s in fun when you’re booing the visitors, or getting on a guy like Brad Davison who plays dirty.  But a coach who’s making a cool $2 million a year?  Fair game if he’s not producing.

I agree with this 100%. You want the booing to stop?? Perform better. It's really that simple. There's no magic formula. It's as easy as winning more games.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2020, 10:49:25 AM »
Your unicorn will stop getting booed when he actually has success.  We’ve dropped three games in a row, will likely be unranked when the new rankings come out, and have never won a Big East title or NCAA Tournament game during his time here.  We’re currently 7-7 in conference, strictly middle of the pack.  And we’re nearing the end of year six.

The unicorns don’t exist which has been my point for a long time.  Despite so many of you thinking one is coming to Milwaukee and staying.  LOL.  I expect to win 2 or 3 of the last four. 

Senior night is about the players, but I have no doubt some of our illustrious arseholes will do their best to show just how smart and big time arseholes they are....don’t disappoint us.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2020, 10:49:39 AM »
It's just unproductive. I understand frustration, but it doesn't achieve anything. He's not getting fired unless the performance gets worse, and it definitely doesn't foster a great environment for our players.

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2020, 11:01:10 AM »
So right.

How as a coach do you watch Cain pass up an open corner 3, take a few dribbles, pass up an open 12 footer, then throw the ball away leading to a dunk, and you leave him in the game?!?!?!   Disgraceful.

That was a maddening stretch for a guy who had been playing with confidence. Interesting to note, however, how many on here have blamed Cain's woes last year on being quickly pulled all the time. Whatever fits the narrative one is pushing.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2020, 11:31:54 AM »
That was a maddening stretch for a guy who had been playing with confidence. Interesting to note, however, how many on here have blamed Cain's woes last year on being quickly pulled all the time. Whatever fits the narrative one is pushing.

The track record of player “development” under Wojo speaks for itself.

All players make mistakes. Mistakes multiply when historically making one leads to a quick hook.

Lastly, the coaching “results” speak for themselves as well. 7-7 in Big East. Year 6.

The real Wojo tenure narrative. #mediocre

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2020, 11:41:17 AM »
So right.

How as a coach do you watch Cain pass up an open corner 3, take a few dribbles, pass up an open 12 footer, then throw the ball away leading to a dunk, and you leave him in the game?!?!?!   Disgraceful.

And yet other clowns here saying to let Cain play more and let him get some run despite turnovers, etc.

This board is like watching 20 bipolar people talking to each other.  You all talk out of both sides of your mouths.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2020, 11:42:50 AM »

All players make mistakes. Mistakes multiply when historically making one leads to a quick hook.

Lastly, the coaching “results” speak for themselves as well. 7-7 in Big East. Year 6.

Lol, better than Buzz’s record in year 6 in a worse conference...oh, that’s right...he wasn’t trying.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2020, 11:45:39 AM »
Lol, better than Buzz’s record in year 6 in a worse conference...oh, that’s right...he wasn’t trying.

Why is one of your defining arguments Buzz's one bad year (where his best player jumoed ship to pros) where his pg and sf straight didn't work out. Buzz was 5/6 wojo is like 1.5/6

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2020, 11:47:18 AM »
And yet other clowns here saying to let Cain play more and let him get some run despite turnovers, etc.

This board is like watching 20 bipolar people talking to each other.  You all talk out of both sides of your mouths.

Well, it’s nothing I’ve said about him.

He’s nearly completed 3 years of college ball, so cutting him slack to play through his ridiculous mistakes is over.  His decisions are that of first semester freshman.  You just cringe anytime he’s doing anything but catching and shooting immediately.  Any time he has to start thinking of his next move, look out.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2020, 11:58:22 AM »

Booing a coach in public, especially at a game, is hurting the team as well.   At the moment, that is who their leader is.  And to boo the a coach, you boo the team because you hurt them.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2020, 12:15:56 PM »

Source?

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2020, 12:16:24 PM »

Buzz was 9-9 that year. We haven’t exceeded it yet.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2020, 12:16:32 PM »
Booing a coach in public, especially at a game, is hurting the team as well.   At the moment, that is who their leader is.  And to boo the a coach, you boo the team because you hurt them.

This.

Plus the public perception of the fanbase on future recruits or coaching prospects

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2020, 12:19:03 PM »
Why is one of your defining arguments Buzz's one bad year (where his best player jumoed ship to pros) where his pg and sf straight didn't work out. Buzz was 5/6 wojo is like 1.5/6
How you say, double standard?
No Finish Line

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2020, 12:33:15 PM »
I've supported Wojo for 5 years. 

Time to get it together.  His 2 best players (Ellenson and Howard) have been questioanable.  Every coach in the Big East knows how to play against Marcus now.   The offense is the opposite of K.  There is no offense.  Howard  refuses to play team ball.  Wojo hasn't shown the ability to adjust.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2020, 12:59:24 PM »

As painful as the losing has been the last three games, stating Wojos conference record before the conference season is over is not really productive.  He could end up 11-7. It could be 7-11.  We will have all the information at the end of the year.  I don’t like how we have played, especially the last two games, as much as anyone but this season could still end up way above average.  Let’s let it play out.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #69 on: February 23, 2020, 02:14:23 PM »

Because you guys keep saying year 6.  Compare year 6 to year 6, same Big East to the same Big East.

That’s why

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #70 on: February 23, 2020, 02:16:19 PM »
Buzz was 9-9 that year. We haven’t exceeded it yet.

It was also the 5th ranked conference that year...this year ranked 2nd.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #71 on: February 23, 2020, 02:29:29 PM »
Because you guys keep saying year 6.  Compare year 6 to year 6, same Big East to the same Big East.

That’s why

Probably not uncommon to have a rebuild year after making the S16 3 straight years. Seems we’ve been in rebuild mode every year under Wojo.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #72 on: February 23, 2020, 02:32:06 PM »
Probably not uncommon to have a rebuild year after making the S16 3 straight years. Seems we’ve been in rebuild mode every year under Wojo.

Yeah, making NCAA tournaments are rebuild....Good Lord.

In Buzz’s year 6 we were picked to win the Big East and finished 6th.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #73 on: February 23, 2020, 03:16:49 PM »
Yeah, making NCAA tournaments are rebuild....Good Lord.

In Buzz’s year 6 we were picked to win the Big East and finished 6th.
Your commitment to trying to make people think they are crazy for being unhappy or dissatisfied with Wojo's tenure is poisonous.  You, and others that talk/post like you, are the worst fans we have.

There is nothing wrong with believing that Marquette can, and should, do better.  We've seen it before.

Please continue to boo the guy making $2M per year to be OK(?) at his job.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #74 on: February 23, 2020, 03:25:48 PM »
I would support the next coach.   Until either the program regressed or the players started misbehaving in the classroom or off the court.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

feedback