Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Providence Game Thread  (Read 27481 times)

JWags85

• All American
Re: Providence Game Thread
« Reply #325 on: February 22, 2020, 01:41:02 PM »
Billy

They can retire it anytime they want. I would be quite happy not seeing that number for a few years anyway.

Don’t take this crap out on Markus. He’s a top 3 player in the country who is an elite scorer. His distribution and overall game has gotten a lot better this year. It’s not his fault his coach is out of ideas and strategy so he just rolls him the ball and has him gun.  There has been times I’m annoyed with his play, but one of the best pure scorers in NCAAB history isn’t the reason this team is in trouble, his usage by an overmatched coach is.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #326 on: February 22, 2020, 01:42:30 PM »
Cause you are quoting me. Your statement didn't age well. That is a fact. Yes, to get that number was rough. I agree. Good lord, please!

No, you are quoting me. You obviously care. Don't say you don't. Its sad.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #327 on: February 22, 2020, 01:44:05 PM »
Singing in the rain. Or dancing with the dog.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

curbina

• Starter
« Reply #328 on: February 22, 2020, 01:44:22 PM »
You still win.

A Piece of Tail is better than another Wojo Fail

I love it, :)
“You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones at every dog that barks.”
- Winston S. Churchill

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #329 on: February 22, 2020, 01:45:39 PM »
Don’t take this crap out on Markus. He’s a top 3 player in the country who is an elite scorer. His distribution and overall game has gotten a lot better this year. It’s not his fault his coach is out of ideas and strategy so he just rolls him the ball and has him gun.  There has been times I’m annoyed with his play, but one of the best pure scorers in NCAAB history isn’t the reason this team is in trouble, his usage by an overmatched coach is.
This. There should be ample amounts of good shots for his teammates. The offense being ran is horrible. Not Markus' fault. It's all on Wojo.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #330 on: February 22, 2020, 01:46:19 PM »
JWags

He has never been my type of player and that is fine. It the HC that created the monster. Wish the good well and hope he makes a ton of money. That said, I am a fan of high pressure D and transition ball and that has not happened during 0’s time here.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #331 on: February 22, 2020, 01:46:47 PM »

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #332 on: February 22, 2020, 01:51:15 PM »
I am a fan of high pressure D and transition ball

Goose

You mean how Al coached his teams?

Death on call

Goose

• All American
« Reply #333 on: February 22, 2020, 01:52:55 PM »
Crash

Al coached the pressure D for sure. I would still prefer more uptempo off the pressure D.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #334 on: February 22, 2020, 01:55:11 PM »
Crash

Al coached the pressure D for sure. I would still prefer more uptempo off the pressure D.

Al's defense led to a lot of breakaways. My favorite was Artie slamming one home. The Arena was on fire.

Death on call

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #335 on: February 22, 2020, 01:55:56 PM »
JWags

He has never been my type of player and that is fine. It the HC that created the monster. Wish the good well and hope he makes a ton of money. That said, I am a fan of high pressure D and transition ball and that has not happened during 0’s time here.

That hasn’t happened with Wojo period. I hear you and enjoy transition ball, but it’s not likely for a variety of reasons and continuing to direct the blame or cracks at a special kid and player who is very often electric, and a tremendous rep for this program, when you’re gripe is with his coach, feels ehh to me.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #336 on: February 22, 2020, 02:00:29 PM »
Wags
I respect anyone’s opinion of Howard and where he fits in our storied history. I do have a right to feel he has not won me over. Would say my comments are no different than the posts made about other players by fellow scoopers. While I disagree with many on Howard’s place in our history, feel free to beat the drum for him.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #337 on: February 22, 2020, 02:02:48 PM »
Anim gets opportunities, just was not very good today. But to win he needs 14-16

Anim very below average his whole career, bailey has disappeared, koby appart for 10 minutes vs X n 20 vs Purdue has been an unmitigated disaster.  Hard to win with those 3 starters
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Miss Katie’s

• All American
« Reply #338 on: February 22, 2020, 02:02:56 PM »
Blue Hill Stone Barns

Impressive.  I’ve heard great things. 

Boozemon Barro

• All American
« Reply #339 on: February 22, 2020, 02:04:05 PM »

Anim very below average his whole career, bailey has disappeared, koby appart for 10 minutes vs X n 20 vs Purdue has been an unmitigated disaster.  Hard to win with those 3 starters

Also all our bigs are inept on offense.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #340 on: February 22, 2020, 02:04:31 PM »
Wags
I respect anyone’s opinion of Howard and where he fits in our storied history. I do have a right to feel he has not won me over. Would say my comments are no different than the posts made about other players by fellow scoopers. While I disagree with many on Howard’s place in our history, feel free to beat the drum for him.

Goose, I respect you and your opinion, but I’ve never said he’s the GOAT but I think he’s an incredible talent with limitations on his team ceiling due to size, supporting class, and coaching. It’s been well established he’s not your type of player and how you bristle are the thought of him being mentioned with anyone from the Al years, but I have no idea why you feel the need to borderline mock him and people’s favorable opinion of him. That’s all.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #341 on: February 22, 2020, 02:06:56 PM »
Only St.Johns (1) has less road wins than Marquette out of all Big East teams

Goose

• All American
« Reply #342 on: February 22, 2020, 02:15:37 PM »
Wags

IMO it is a team game and on court success occurs if a team has a generational player. My mocking may be unfair, but I have hard time believing that anyone wants to play with a guy who shoots as much. I believe his flaws have overshadowed his moments of greatness.
Like you, I watched a lot of MU ball and have seen all degrees of players and never have seen body language by teammates like I have with Howard. Yes, GE jumps up and down and cheers every shot, but I have seen teammates shy away from him this season.
All that said, the kid does not deserve to be mocked. I will save that for Wojo.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #343 on: February 22, 2020, 02:18:11 PM »

And starter #4 isn’t exactly Wilt Chamberlin.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #344 on: February 22, 2020, 02:20:49 PM »

Hmmm, could we have had two other highly talented players starting? Maybe if they hadn’t been told “Markus can do whatever he wants...”
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #345 on: February 22, 2020, 02:22:30 PM »
Wisconsin officially jumped Marquette in updated Kenpom.

Can we go back to when Kobe King transferred and we were on fire. Life comes at you fast

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #346 on: February 22, 2020, 02:23:02 PM »
Maybe if they hadn’t been told “Markus can do whatever he wants...”
Lie

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #347 on: February 22, 2020, 02:23:55 PM »

Bailey is being coached into oblivion and Anim as well. Pass the ball ,screen for  Markus. Nobody is looking to create their own shot and  no aggressiveness which translates into a lifeless performance

f/k/a humanlung

• All American
« Reply #348 on: February 22, 2020, 02:47:03 PM »
Crash

I could be wrong here but isn't that what Wojo said he wanted to do when he was hired?

If I am right on this, how did we wind up with that horrible slop of an offense we have been running for years?

f/k/a humanlung

• All American
« Reply #349 on: February 22, 2020, 02:50:02 PM »

I think this falls at the feet of weak player development.  These young men were talented in high school - certainly more talented as a collective group than many recruiting classes from Deane, Crean, and Buzz in most cases.  If we could take Wojo's recruiting and Buzz's ability to develop talent...

feedback