'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Name the late season collapse  (Read 8087 times)

curbina

• Starter
Re: Name the late season collapse
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2020, 03:12:30 PM »
Wojo has a record now and he is not going to be able to sell himself with a power point presentation and Duke Kool-Aid.
“You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones at every dog that barks.”
- Winston S. Churchill

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2020, 03:16:02 PM »
Wojo has a record now and he is not going to be able to sell himself with a power point presentation and Duke Kool-Aid.

Yeah. His record is going to be 3 NCAA tournaments in 4 years. Some power conference teams would be happy to have him. Maybe not any good ones, but to think he couldn't find work is absurd.

curbina

• Starter
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2020, 03:20:06 PM »
Yeah. His record is going to be 3 NCAA tournaments in 4 years. Some power conference teams would be happy to have him. Maybe not any good ones, but to think he couldn't find work is absurd.

As it stands now, two of the NCAA tournaments one and done.
“You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones at every dog that barks.”
- Winston S. Churchill

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2020, 03:20:48 PM »
As it stands now, two of the NCAA tournaments one and done.

And? Doesn't change anything I said.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2020, 03:21:52 PM »
Totally agree. He is a good P6 coach. Not bad, not very good, just good.

f/k/a humanlung

• All American
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2020, 03:33:01 PM »

Both the losses were blowouts.  I think the average margin of defeat was around 17 points.  One as a lower seed, the other as the higher seed.

You have to admit that there have been a lot of "L"s over the last few years that were just ugly.

I think this kind of track record could matter.

curbina

• Starter
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2020, 03:33:43 PM »

I suppose that time will tell.
- Winston S. Churchill

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2020, 03:37:02 PM »
Both the losses were blowouts.  I think the average margin of defeat was around 17 points.  One as a lower seed, the other as the higher seed.

Lost by 20 as a 1 point dog. Lost by 19 as a 4 point favorite.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2020, 03:47:12 PM »

You have to admit that there have been a lot of "L"s over the last few years that were just ugly.

I think this kind of track record could matter.

Absolutely. But that's not what I responded to. He's an average P6 coach.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2020, 08:47:57 PM »
I was hoping we would win 1 of the previous 3, but not surprised to lose all three.  I also expect 2-2 or 3-1 down the stretch.

Who you play matters and so matchups.  It’s why I said Creighton would beat us and Providence on the road was going to be very difficult.

I’ve had this team pegged the entire season and only missed one game so far...an overtime loss.

Comments by the team after the game were pretty good...they sense people whining and jumping off the bandwagon....they are sticking together.  As am I.

"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Goose

• All American
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2020, 08:51:41 PM »
Cheeks

You know I am big fan of you as a person, but no longer have credibility in regards to our program. You play games on here, which I love, but you accept us being a one and done program. Keeping posting, but try and stay away from serious ball conversations. You are great on everything non ball related.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2020, 09:34:10 PM »
Cheeks

You know I am big fan of you as a person, but no longer have credibility in regards to our program. You play games on here, which I love, but you accept us being a one and done program. Keeping posting, but try and stay away from serious ball conversations. You are great on everything non ball related.

Recently called the Hauser transfers “addition by subtraction”. That’s all you need to know about his basketball acumen.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 09:53:45 PM by Lennys Tap »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2020, 09:38:58 PM »
Anytime somebody tells other people how much smarter they are about something it usually means they aren’t very smart regarding that topic. Not always the rule, but usually the smart people make it known by they’re actual intelligence, not by their ability to scream from the mountaintops how smart they are.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2020, 09:42:26 PM »
“ All I know is we're going to be fine," Howard said. "A lot of people can talk down and say this, say that. We're sticking together as a team.”
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2020, 09:45:41 PM »
“ All I know is we're going to be fine," Howard said. "A lot of people can talk down and say this, say that. We're sticking together as a team.”

Considering he scored 19 points in the last 5 minutes when the game was decided, “we’re sticking together as a team” rings pretty hollow.  Markus’ interviews are the perfect blend of Wojo and Stan:  Bland jock-speak mixed with “inspirational” gobbledygook.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2020, 09:52:08 PM »

Are we supposed to all feel better reading this??

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2020, 09:56:46 PM »
Considering he scored 19 points in the last 5 minutes when the game was decided, “we’re sticking together as a team” rings pretty hollow.  Markus’ interviews are the perfect blend of Wojo and Stan:  Bland jock-speak mixed with “inspirational” gobbledygook.

Is this for real?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2020, 11:24:34 PM »
Name the late season collapse of Scoop?

Predictable.

feedback