[Today at 05:53:49 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: College Football is back  (Read 129085 times)

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
Re: College Football is back
« Reply #1000 on: February 17, 2020, 03:00:40 PM »
NCAA athletes aren't employees. Or so I've heard.

That is correct, but I was replying to the incorrect comment that the entire “real world” is a giant transfer portal.  False.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #1001 on: February 17, 2020, 03:48:29 PM »
That is correct, but I was replying to the incorrect comment that the entire “real world” is a giant transfer portal.  False.

What percentage of US employees do you think are under noncompetes?  And of those, what percentage would actually be enforced if challenged?

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1002 on: February 17, 2020, 05:03:08 PM »
What percentage of US employees do you think are under noncompetes?  And of those, what percentage would actually be enforced if challenged?

A small percentage....nevertheless the comment made was false. 

You also have some people under contract, that is very common in my world. 

Then you have to factor in how many folks are in a job that quite frankly they will never be able to do better...sure they can leave and go free agency but for a lesser position.

I’m not arguing that many people have freedoms of movement in jobs, but this broad stroke innuendo that everyone does is just wrong on so many levels.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1003 on: February 17, 2020, 07:20:00 PM »
And now the ACC is on board with the transfer waiver.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #1004 on: February 17, 2020, 07:55:42 PM »

Great to see!
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #1005 on: February 17, 2020, 10:17:53 PM »
Then you have to factor in how many folks are in a job that quite frankly they will never be able to do better...sure they can leave and go free agency but for a lesser position.
- why do you need to factor that in? what does that have to do with people being able to try to do better if they think they can?

I’m not arguing that many people have freedoms of movement in jobs, but this broad stroke innuendo that everyone does is just wrong on so many levels.
kewl

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1006 on: February 18, 2020, 12:26:48 PM »

The HAVES are for it...what a shocker.

Yay 1%ers.  Yay.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1007 on: February 18, 2020, 12:28:03 PM »

I have no problem with people trying to do better and encourage it....push for it even.  Back to the original point, your statement just wasn’t accurate.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1008 on: February 18, 2020, 12:35:16 PM »

Yay 1%ers.  Yay.
Getting one thread locked with the same transparently fake climbing-up-on-the-cross routine wasn't enough?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 12:48:01 PM by TSmith34 »
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #1009 on: February 18, 2020, 02:02:45 PM »
Getting one thread locked with the same transparently fake climbing-up-on-the-cross routine wasn't enough?

The more you can scream from the mountain how wrong you are, the better I guess.

“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1010 on: February 18, 2020, 02:04:15 PM »

Yay 1%ers.  Yay.

Cheeks: Claims everyone who disagrees with him only cares about 1%ers.
Also Cheeks: Claims others are playing to class warfare.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #1011 on: February 19, 2020, 12:17:10 PM »
Go Blue!

College Pigskin is a fine thing

Death on call

tower912

• All American
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1013 on: February 19, 2020, 12:27:50 PM »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #1014 on: February 20, 2020, 09:16:36 AM »
https://www.freep.com/story/news/education/2020/02/19/robert-anderson-sexual-misconduct-unviersity-michigan/4805545002/

Looks like the University of Michigan is handling this in a professional manner. They received a single complaint and the compliance department is canvassing for more insight.

They are taking the matter seriously.

I would expect nothing less from one of the world's great universities.

Death on call

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #1015 on: February 20, 2020, 09:22:03 AM »
It's not a single complaint.  But these date back decades and the doctor died 11 years ago so its more about investigating the circumstances and cover-up.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1016 on: February 20, 2020, 10:47:24 AM »
It's not a single complaint.  But these date back decades and the doctor died 11 years ago so its more about investigating the circumstances and cover-up.

Nothing to see here.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

tower912

• All American
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1018 on: February 20, 2020, 03:46:41 PM »
Michigan has an exceptional record of playing well within the rules.

There was an issue with a non-alum booster during the Fab Five period but Michigan acted swiftly and with authority.

Michigan athletics through and through is superlative. The teams in all sports are winners, the kids go to class, and they compete squarely.

Comparing U of M athletics with Michigan State isn't fair because the two universities are polar opposites - academically, culturally, and socially.

Izzo and Dantonio are both complicit in sexual assaults and academic fraud involving their players. Let's face it, the Larry Nasser problem was systemic at East Lansing. Michigan State failed as an institution.

If you are asserting that cheating goes on at the University of Michigan you need to provide evidence.

Lol.

tower912

• All American

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #1020 on: February 22, 2020, 09:40:16 AM »
Sounds like Michigan is handling the matter in a thorough, professional manner.

Dr. Schlissel will insist on nothing less.

Death on call

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #1021 on: February 22, 2020, 01:39:45 PM »

All of our Senior Leadership is. All of our employees are under nonsolicit agreements.

Non-compete enforcement depends company to company. Mine would enforce like a tiger. If you're in California, it's almost impossible to enforce one. Other states are much tougher.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #1022 on: February 22, 2020, 03:36:42 PM »
Colorado nearing deal with Dolphins assistant Karl Dorrell.
Dorrell was 35-27 as UCLA’s coach from 2003-07
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton