Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Dwyane Wade  (Read 12025 times)

harryp

• Starter
Dwyane Wade
« on: February 19, 2020, 10:45:40 PM »
I have never been as proud of a MU alumnus as I was of Dwyane Wade today.  He was interviewed by Ellen DeGeneris on her show. He spoke out for and defended his young transgender daughter. Obviously an extremely intelligent man, who exemplifies a MU education, he showed as a parent how to respect and raise a child and pass along to her/him the values and sensitivities that I would like to think he acquired along with a Jesuit education. I, as a parent of 5 children, and as almost all parents, have had to accept their children with values and lives that may differ from what they expected. This is done with love and I hope that I have done so as well as Dwyane Wade has.

edit: Dwyane Dwyane Dwyane Dwyane Dwyane Dwyane Dwyane Dwyane
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 12:58:02 PM by mu_hilltopper »

We R Final Four

• All American
Re: Duane Wade
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2020, 10:46:34 PM »
Very well said. Thank you.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2020, 10:46:43 PM »
This is week plus old news

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2020, 10:59:56 PM »
The thread title feels like trolling...

harryp

• Starter
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2020, 11:22:39 PM »
Actually I'm a VERY old alumnus, I don't know exactly what "trolling" means or how to do it. I meant what I said and I said it sincerely. If it's old news, so be it, but I first knew of it this afternoon.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2020, 11:28:05 PM »
Actually I'm a VERY old alumnus, I don't know exactly what "trolling" means or how to do it. I meant what I said and I said it sincerely. If it's old news, so be it, but I first knew of it this afternoon.

Think he just was referring to your misspelling of Dwyane's name.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2020, 09:03:53 AM »
Duane who?

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2020, 09:09:12 AM »

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2020, 09:09:19 AM »
The weird poster that's always trolling here.
Maigh Eo for Sam

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2020, 09:40:30 AM »
I am a long-time spelling and grammar Nazi who has been in remission. But I will go out on a one-time bender for a misspelling of the one name any MU fan ought to get right. D-W-Y-A-N-E.

Okay, now back to my twelve steps....

tower912

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2020, 09:43:19 AM »
But yes, DWYANE Wade has shown high character recently.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

IL Warrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2020, 01:09:53 PM »
Lots of good MUBB press lately. Duane Wade on Ellen, Marcus Howard in the running for NPOY, and Juan Andersen making his NBA debut.

I wonder what Luke Fisher and Devante Gardner are up to...

tower912

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2020, 01:15:32 PM »
Lots of good MUBB press lately. Duane Wade on Ellen, Marcus Howard in the running for NPOY, and Juan Andersen making his NBA debut.

Or Dominique James and Gerald McNeil?  Or Samantha and Jolie Hoser?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2020, 01:26:31 PM »

Saw on Insta recently they had a Big Man's Reunion at Kris O'Tule's.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2020, 01:56:46 PM »
Saw on Insta recently they had a Big Man's Reunion at Kris O'Tule's.

Oh, at Kris O'Tule's Irish Pub?
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

auburnmarquette

• Team Captain
    • Value Add Explaination
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2020, 09:37:39 PM »
Oh, at Kris O'Tule's Irish Pub?

Haha, however you spell it the big man was one of my favorite 2-star to finding a way to be a real contributor - and talk about a guy who may have saved MU some really bad press by stopping teammates from doing something really awful.
http://www.pudnersports.com/ for my blogs or articles and www.valueaddbasketball.com for for current and historic rankings.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2020, 11:31:37 AM »
Haha, however you spell it the big man was one of my favorite 2-star to finding a way to be a real contributor - and talk about a guy who may have saved MU some really bad press by stopping teammates from doing something really awful.

the company line...

and what's amusing is that in previous versions it was someone else who allegedly stopped it (but actually didn't) from happening.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 02:47:29 PM by Billy Hoyle »
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2020, 12:45:54 PM »

I would love to hear this story.  PM if needed...
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2020, 12:48:44 PM »
Same as guy above, i wanna hear the story

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2020, 12:57:11 PM »

His defense was much better in games as he let enough of the rest of the team do really awful stuff
Maigh Eo for Sam

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2020, 01:08:12 PM »
Saw on Insta recently they had a Big Boy's Reunion at Kris O'Tule's.
FIFY.

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Dwyane Wade
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2020, 02:00:30 PM »
Crean sucks
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

leever

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2020, 02:11:44 PM »
I have never been as proud of a MU alumnus as I was of Dwyane Wade today.  He was interviewed by Ellen DeGeneris on her show. He spoke out for and defended his young transgender daughter. Obviously an extremely intelligent man, who exemplifies a MU education, he showed as a parent how to respect and raise a child and pass along to her/him the values and sensitivities that I would like to think he acquired along with a Jesuit education. I, as a parent of 5 children, and as almost all parents, have had to accept their children with values and lives that may differ from what they expected. This is done with love and I hope that I have done so as well as Dwyane Wade has.

Damn.  Guy posts some well deserved praise for one of Marquettes finest and he gets ripped for spelling and "old news".
Thanks for the post Harry!

nycwarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2020, 02:25:50 PM »
Totally agree with the OP's sentiment about Wade's bravery on behalf of and acceptance of his child.

MUBigDance

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2020, 02:43:54 PM »

I did not see the interview...obviously this post gets away from basketball and into Faith, Social and Moral (notice I didnt say Political) values. Thats ok, an important topic. I don't doubt DWade is a thoughtful and loving father. But I think you can still love and accept your children and see transgenderism as a dysfunctional path that needs the love and acceptance of a parent to help steer them clear of. We should always love our children...what does love look like in situations like this? Can you envision a life choice by your children that you would help them avoid? Is everything ok?....is everything relative?  I am a Christian and see transgenderism as dysfunctional.

feedback