'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Creighton has won 7 of 8...on a roll  (Read 15113 times)

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
Creighton has won 7 of 8...on a roll
« on: February 16, 2020, 06:42:00 PM »
Going to be a tough one Tuesday.  They are a bad matchup for us.  Really big game for both teams.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

BM1090

• All American
Re: Creighton has won 7 of 8...on a roll
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2020, 07:14:05 PM »
Going to be a tough one Tuesday.  They are a bad matchup for us.  Really big game for both teams.

Agree they are a bad matchup. Worst matchup for us in the league, IMO. I think we squeak out a close one.

Earl Tatum

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2020, 07:33:06 PM »
Bailey and McEwen have to start making shots with more consistency.
The last couple of games, I feel we were playing on tired legs. Hopefully
this break helps us. Creighton will be tough. Hope Markus shows up
with his "A" game.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2020, 08:24:40 PM »
Bailey and McEwen have to start making shots with more consistency.
The last couple of games, I feel we were playing on tired legs. Hopefully
this break helps us. Creighton will be tough. Hope Markus shows up
with his "A" game.

We had like 8 days off for Butler lol

And then 2 off for Nova which is pretty standard.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2020, 08:51:30 PM »
Big games like these are a crapshoot. Can’t be expected to win them.

I see the biggest games as:

@Creighton
@Hall
@Nova
Providence
Creighton

Hard to win crapshoot games.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2020, 09:08:17 PM »
They have the 4th most efficient offense per pomeroy.

Last 3 games they have been hot.....game before that they weren’t.....hope our offense is on because unless they just miss shots I don’t see MU holding them below 80.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2020, 09:13:31 PM »
MU had won 6 of 7 going into Nova last week.  Nova had lost 3 straight.  The home team won that one.  I'm looking for the home team to win Tuesday.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2020, 09:19:38 PM »

@Creighton
@Hall
@Nova
Providence
Creighton

Fake News.

Crapshoot games are when you are told on a Sunday here is who you play 2 days later, or 4 / 5 days later...could be the first time you have ever played that team in your history, or the first time in 10 years or more.   These are not Crapshoot games in any way, sense or shape.

We know their style, they know our style...which is why conference games are so tough.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2020, 09:27:44 PM »
Fake News.

Crapshoot games are when you are told on a Sunday here is who you play 2 days later, or 4 / 5 days later...could be the first time you have ever played that team in your history, or the first time in 10 years or more.   These are not Crapshoot games in any way, sense or shape.

We know their style, they know our style...which is why conference games are so tough.

Looks like you missed the sarcasm.

Also, thank you for de-bunking your silly crapshoot defense.  Both teams facing each other are subject to that same reality you state above.  It isn't "easier" for one team versus the other.  Sure, there can be match ups that are better than others, but its incumbent on the coach to figure out how to offset the bad matchup - particularly as the higher regarded/seeded team.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2020, 09:29:57 PM »
MU had won 6 of 7 going into Nova last week.  Nova had lost 3 straight.  The home team won that one.  I'm looking for the home team to win Tuesday.

This.

Creighton is no hotter than MU was 5 days ago. And given that we had dominated Nova back in early January, we were obviously a "bad matchup" for them.

So I'm surprised Nova even bothered showing up for their home game against us with all that working against them.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2020, 09:34:44 PM »
Agree they are a bad matchup. Worst matchup for us in the league, IMO. I think we squeak out a close one.

I agree, terrible matchup.  I don’t expect a win.  I will be pleasantly surprised if we do based on how well Creighton is playing.  Would be a nice feather in our cap.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2020, 09:47:18 PM »
Looks like you missed the sarcasm.

Also, thank you for de-bunking your silly crapshoot defense.  Both teams facing each other are subject to that same reality you state above.  It isn't "easier" for one team versus the other.  Sure, there can be match ups that are better than others, but its incumbent on the coach to figure out how to offset the bad matchup - particularly as the higher regarded/seeded team.

Oh I got his sarcasm loud and clear.   And the reason why both teams face the same reality is EXACTLY why so many call it a crapshoot.  But the question Ners is whether I take your word for it...the guy who things Dawson was a great player or people like Coach K, Coach Bennett, Coach Izzo, Coach Wright, etc....Sorry...I'm going with them, not you.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2020, 09:47:26 PM »

@Creighton
@Hall
@Nova
Providence
Creighton

Home vs Providence?

Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2020, 09:51:09 PM »
This.

Creighton is no hotter than MU was 5 days ago. And given that we had dominated Nova back in early January, we were obviously a "bad matchup" for them.

So I'm surprised Nova even bothered showing up for their home game against us with all that working against them.

Disagree.   In Creighton's last 8 games they have beaten Seton Hall and Villanova on the road....two teams we lost to on the road.  They smoked us at their place.  They also beat Providence at home, something we failed to do.

Our "hot streak" was beating a reeling Butler team, Georgetown, DePaul (we struggled) and St. John's.

Not all streaks are the same.  Creighton is a better team than we are and hotter than we were even five days ago.  They are the real deal and it will take a monumental effort to beat them.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2020, 09:52:09 PM »
I agree, terrible matchup.  I don’t expect a win.  I will be pleasantly surprised if we do based on how well Creighton is playing.  Would be a nice feather in our cap.

I expect a loss as well.  They are the better team via the EYE TEST (Guru) and in the data.  The one huge thing we have going for us is the game is at home.  Is it enough?

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2020, 09:59:31 PM »

I hate this matchup. Was hoping we stole one at Nova to ease my brain
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2020, 10:46:10 PM »
I expect a loss as well.  They are the better team via the EYE TEST (Guru) and in the data.  The one huge thing we have going for us is the game is at home.  Is it enough?

Yep hopefully some home court advantage with the fans going nuts and favorable refereeing.   We also need to start out on fire.   I don’t want a scenario where Creighton can’t hit anything and we are only up by two after ten minutes or worse, they are hitting everything and we can’t hit the ocean and Creighton leads by 15 at half.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2020, 10:57:17 PM »
The coaching staff did a great job preparing the team to play after the long break last time. Hoping we see more of the same this time around. I'm not really buying the "bad matchup" though as it pertains specifically to MU. I think they are just the best team in the league. Usually those are the tougher teams to match up with anyways.

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2020, 11:09:09 PM »
About 4 weeks ago I said to myself that Butler was playing well beyond their season long means, it was right.

A few weeks ago I said the same about SH and I think that was accurate too.

I believe Creighton has done the same in the last several weeks. Marquette puts that team back in its place on Tuesday night with a win similar to what we saw versus Butler at home.

AZMarqfan

• Starter
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2020, 12:30:10 AM »
Only safe bet in a Marquette-Creighton matchup is the over

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2020, 04:48:40 AM »
Vegas says if we score more points than them, we have a shot at winning this one.

Plus, I’m sitting next to Benny.  That’s like triple, double, extra karma.

war1980rior

• Team Captain
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2020, 06:11:23 AM »
Is this game a sellout?  The crowd can really make a difference.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2020, 06:39:51 AM »
No.......not even close. Full rows left everywhere.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2020, 06:48:58 AM »
I knew Creighton was solid but had no idea they were the reincarnation of the 1976 Indiana Hoosiers until I read this thread. Maybe we’ll catch them looking ahead to the National Championship game they’re on course to reach.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2020, 06:59:40 AM »
I knew Creighton was solid but had no idea they were the reincarnation of the 1976 Indiana Hoosiers until I read this thread. Maybe we’ll catch them looking ahead to the National Championship game they’re on course to reach.

They definitely aren't there, but over the past month they grade out as the 5th best team in the country on Torvik. That stretch includes 3 road wins, including beating Villanova and Seton Hall. My expectation is a high-scoring affair that gets into the 80s or 90s. I do think this is the toughest game left on the schedule.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.