[Today at 04:46:35 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by BrewCity83
[Today at 04:32:41 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[Today at 03:21:43 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by WhiteTrash
[Today at 03:15:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: plantar fasciitis  (Read 4267 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Re: plantar fasciitis
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2020, 10:31:26 AM »
So, when you have to numb a patient's mouth for a procedure, do you sympathize as you are driving that industrial size needle through their gums?

absolutely!  i apologize before, during and after, then we cry together...wait, "industrial size"?  we ain't doing tracheotomies here, but using a needle on someone and having it stuck into self are 2 different things.   btw, we call in "throwing darts" ;D  got that one from doc lenny at the johnson clinic
don't...don't don't don't don't

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2020, 10:43:02 AM »
absolutely!  i apologize before, during and after, then we cry together...wait, "industrial size"?  we ain't doing tracheotomies here, but using a needle on someone and having it stuck into self are 2 different things.   btw, we call in "throwing darts" ;D  got that one from doc lenny at the johnson clinic

You mofos have that big, grey needle with the two loops for fingers for what, a 2 mm injection?  Sadists, you dentists are.

And, I used the golf ball rolling, it worked well.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 10:45:12 AM by ZiggysFryBoy »

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2020, 10:49:35 AM »
Tough job wit skilled hands, butt sumwon's gotten do it, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2020, 04:49:55 PM »
Tennis balls, frozen water bottles, and see a PT. Seriously, physical therapy is wildly under used, go to a PT listen to what they say and just incorporate their exercises into your daily routine.

Example, I separated my shoulder(grade 3) playing soccer, went to the ortho who wanted to wire my shoulder back together, wife talked me out of it and went to PT instead. I do a couple of strengthen exercises a couple times a week during my regular weight training routine and shoulder feels wonderful and it's been 6 years now

This. Usually “heel pain” is secondary to early heel rise while walking, often either a tight calf muscle or rigid ankle joint. Also could be overpronation (where the arch support would help). Either way need to see a PT who actually knows what they are doing. If the first exercise they give to you is “stretching the fascia” go see someone else.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2020, 05:13:33 PM »
Tough job wit skilled hands, butt sumwon's gotten do it, hey?

and it sure beats working on the other end, although sometimes it's hard to tell the difference, heynal doc?

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2020, 08:06:29 PM »
Having suffered from plantar fasciitis for years, I got fitted for custom orthotics several years ago.  They weren't cheap but insurance covered 50%.  They completely resolved the problem and I found that they also eliminated back pain when standing or walking for long periods.  I also recommend Vionic shoes, particularly for sandals and slip-ons.  The key is the high, firm arch support.
I have some vionic sandals. While the arch support is decent and they are comfortable, I generally feel better with a good set of tevas especially if walking more than one should in sandals.
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2020, 09:18:04 AM »
Are you sure it's plantar fasciitis and not gout?

Either way... try eliminating sugar from your diet, or at the very least added sugars.  You'll be surprised at what happens (you'll also be surprised at how difficult it is).
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2020, 09:35:44 AM »
Eliminate all grains two, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2020, 07:35:07 PM »
Are you sure it's plantar fasciitis and not gout?

Either way... try eliminating sugar from your diet, or at the very least added sugars.  You'll be surprised at what happens (you'll also be surprised at how difficult it is).

100% sure it isn't gout.  just had a full blood work last week-everything was right down the middle.  even a full body dermatologist exam yesterday(man she was hot too! :D)   i eat very few "sugars".  no sweets in the house.  we never serve potatoes or rice with our meals.  2-3 vegies, but i've gotta have meat!  i am a connoisseur of cabbage salads with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, olives.  usually have a jethro boudine sized bowl about 5 times a week as a meal.  occasional pasta sugo or tortilla wrap with lots of meat inside.  the tortillas are in the freezer so the pack of 8 don't get stiff or moldy between treats.

conclusion- no gout going on here, but thanks for the thought

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2020, 07:38:53 PM »
have a patient who's a retired podiatrist-he confirmed a lot of the advise given here-golf ball, frozen water bottle roll, shoe arch support inserts, stretching exercises including the achilles, calf, etc plus NSAIDS TID-all massive improvement-there is light at the end of the tunnel boys

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2020, 11:31:26 PM »
have a patient who's a retired podiatrist-he confirmed a lot of the advise given here-golf ball, frozen water bottle roll, shoe arch support inserts, stretching exercises including the achilles, calf, etc plus NSAIDS TID-all massive improvement-there is light at the end of the tunnel boys

A dentist and a podiatrist walk into a bar.  Everyone else walks out. 
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

feedback