collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: ESPN College Gameday  (Read 1977 times)

marqfan22

• Team Captain
ESPN College Gameday
« on: February 15, 2020, 09:21:26 AM »
They need to treat it like football and go to one of the best games of the week each week.

No idea what they are doing in East Lansing this week.

Uncle Rico

• All American
Re: ESPN College Gameday
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2020, 10:38:43 AM »
They need to treat it like football and go to one of the best games of the week each week.

Probably praising the human garbage that is Tom Izzo and the cesspool that is East Lansing
Ramsey will bring Marquette great glory

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2020, 03:27:08 PM »
I read somewhere that part of the difficulties for basketball gameday vs football is that they need to monopolize the space for quite a while between pre-production, the show, and then cleanup.  For football, they can basically root down somewhere on campus for a couple days and its not a problem, but most basketball arenas have multiple uses which can make it harder.  That's probably only 25% of the reason for the questionable venue selections, but it makes some sense.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2020, 06:42:34 PM »

It has to be a night game due to the set being on the court. Unlike football, which is outside the stadium, a game can’t start immediately after the broadcast.

And for this week, what was a better game other than Baylor/WVU, which was an early game ? Pretty weak offerings.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

marqfan22

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2020, 07:02:06 PM »
I would rather have seen any team that is actually ranked

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2020, 07:10:26 PM »
What's ESPN?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2020, 07:11:24 PM »
That was a great game.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2020, 07:06:48 AM »
It has to be a night game due to the set being on the court. Unlike football, which is outside the stadium, a game can’t start immediately after the broadcast.

And for this week, what was a better game other than Baylor/WVU, which was an early game ? Pretty weak offerings.

I know this was eons ago so it’s probably changed, but when they came to MU back in 2006-2007 it wasn’t a night game. It was an early Saturday afternoon. I remember waking up at like 7 am to get down to the Bradley Center

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2020, 07:55:35 AM »
The Pitt game? That was a night game.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

🏀

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2020, 08:51:14 AM »
The Pitt game? That was a night game.

Yep. The Kinsella game was a 8pm tip.

We were down there stupid early for Gameday, lots of students went back to campus. I honestly don’t remember what I did.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2020, 11:10:25 AM »
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 11:02:25 PM by Cheeks »
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2020, 11:11:54 AM »
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 11:02:10 PM by Cheeks »
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2020, 07:13:50 PM »
My bad, I Just remember waking up super early, so I assumed the game was earlier