'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: MU best conf home record with Creighton  (Read 1986 times)

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
MU best conf home record with Creighton
« on: February 15, 2020, 10:18:28 PM »
MU and Creighton each have one conference home loss.  Six games left in the conf season.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

DoctorV

• All American
Re: MU best conf home record with Creighton
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2020, 11:11:40 PM »
Very astute observation

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2020, 11:52:05 PM »
With the exception of the small hiccup after the letter was written last year, MU has been excellent at Fiserv. 12-1 this year overall with 3 to play. 2 of the teams I feel are tough matchups for MU but think the home court gives them the slight edge. 15-1 is doable.

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2020, 12:02:26 AM »
With the exception of the small hiccup after the letter was written last year, MU has been excellent at Fiserv. 12-1 this year overall with 3 to play. 2 of the teams I feel are tough matchups for MU but think the home court gives them the slight edge. 15-1 is doable.

Doable sure, but good enough? Nah

Guru (n)- an influential teacher or popular expert.

According to that definition our very own expert muguru would argue 16-0 or bust

muguru

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2020, 07:31:58 AM »
Doable sure, but good enough? Nah

Guru (n)- an influential teacher or popular expert.

According to that definition our very own expert muguru would argue 16-0 or bust

Hey Doc, take a look at the NET ratings..tell me what you see vis a vis 4 of the top 5 teams and their home record..get back to me...thanks!
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2020, 08:11:23 AM »
Hey Doc, take a look at the NET ratings..tell me what you see vis a vis 4 of the top 5 teams and their home record..get back to me...thanks!

We're 12-1 with the only loss being at home by one point in overtime. No, it's not perfect, but it couldn't really be much closer to perfect without getting there. Get the last three and we'll be in very good shape.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2020, 10:01:22 AM »

You’re right, gotta protect ya crib. I feel like Buzzes boys were very good at that.

I’d love to see home Ws versus the top of the conference in the next few weeks to get Wojo on that right path of home dominance.

If that happens make sure you enjoy it though guru, and don’t go crazy when MU loses to one of the two bottom feeders on the road to close things out.

My gut feeling this year, and it has been for a while, is that MU wins the BET. It’ll be a nice culmination of Markus career and lead to a likely top 4 seed in the dance- after that it’s a crapshoot, as they say

feedback