[Today at 04:40:13 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by BrewCity83
[Today at 04:40:04 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Dr. Blackheart
[Today at 04:38:52 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Cruella Pavill(ion)  (Read 14708 times)

NCMUFan

• All American
Re: Cruella Pavill(ion)
« Reply #100 on: February 13, 2020, 09:24:53 AM »
Very ugly game for MU.  For them to lose by 1 against Villanova on their home court and with MU playing so so poorly is a testament to their effort.  2 more points and we would of got the victory. Go MU! On to a good seed in the NCAA tournament.  Time to analyze and learn but not dwell. 

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #101 on: February 13, 2020, 09:37:12 AM »
Don't quite understand the "love the fight" crew.  That was a poorly played game.  So many dumb plays by juniors and seniors.  If upper classman can't figure it out, we have no hope. 

Nova was in control of that game from the first TV timeout to the final buzzer.  MU never had the ball with a chance to tie or take the lead.  1 point loss makes it sound like that game was competitive.  It wasn't. 

This game is symptomatic if the Wojo/Markus era. Have played well for a few games, great opportunity to make some noise nationally.....and crap the bed.

We were down 3 points with about 9 seconds left and they purposely fouled us so we couldn’t tie it with this new rule called the three point shot.....there is a painted stripe by which if you shoot behind the stripe and the ball goes through the net it equals three points.

"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #102 on: February 13, 2020, 09:37:50 AM »
Very ugly game for MU.  For them to lose by 1 against Villanova on their home court and with MU playing so so poorly is a testament to their effort.  2 more points and we would of got the victory. Go MU! On to a good seed in the NCAA tournament.  Time to analyze and learn but not dwell.

Nova made it ugly with good defense and we didn’t help ourselves with a ton of missed open looks.

"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #103 on: February 13, 2020, 10:19:47 AM »
And yet they ran the perfect double screen to get Markus that open 3 late.
It’s ok Tower. Yes, they ran a successful play oob. However, that doesn’t negate that opportunities are being missed. Both can be true.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #104 on: February 13, 2020, 10:23:54 AM »
Agreed.   Wojo has a number of in bounds plays that take time to develop.   If the timing is disrupted or somebody is not on the same page, it can look bad.   When they work, there are open looks.    We have seen examples of each recently.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

TFlegend

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #105 on: February 13, 2020, 02:15:36 PM »
We were down 3 points with about 9 seconds left and they purposely fouled us so we couldn’t tie it with this new rule called the three point shot.....there is a painted stripe by which if you shoot behind the stripe and the ball goes through the net it equals three points.

Okay, okay...you all win.  I see we have several "letter of the law" vs "spirit of the law" folks here. 

I'll edit the record to reflect nothing but the facts:  Between 15:52 left in the 1st half and 00:16 left in the 2nd half, MU did not have the ball with a chance to tie or take the lead.   

If you count 4 point plays, then it was 14:45 in the first to 00:16 left in the 2nd. 

The sentiment remains the same.  Nova controlled that game.  That was disappointing to me given how well we had played the last several games. 

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #106 on: February 13, 2020, 02:24:07 PM »
Okay, okay...you all win.  I see we have several "letter of the law" vs "spirit of the law" folks here. 

I'll edit the record to reflect nothing but the facts:  Between 15:52 left in the 1st half and 00:16 left in the 2nd half, MU did not have the ball with a chance to tie or take the lead.   

If you count 4 point plays, then it was 14:45 in the first to 00:16 left in the 2nd. 

The sentiment remains the same.  Nova controlled that game.  That was disappointing to me given how well we had played the last several games.

You’ll be disappointed to find out many college basketball teams have bad games after a stretch of good games
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #107 on: February 13, 2020, 02:28:44 PM »

Interested to know if you'd feel the same were the roles reversed?  When we played Nova in Milwaukee, Nova never had a chance to tie or take the lead the final 34:39, and despite a very good first half from us our 8 minute 2nd half drought was far from "controlling the game". 

If a team gets up by 5 in the first 2 possessions of a game, and the lead stays between 4 and 10 the rest of the game, I would say that it was an even back and forth game.  We've had disappointing blow-out losses this year; this wasn't one of them.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #108 on: February 13, 2020, 02:31:08 PM »
Agreed good defense on Markus but the other player had open looks.  Also, Markus got hammered multiple times as well and no foul call.  That helps defense immensely when you can molest a player and not get called for it.
Villanova would not been able to focus so much on Markus, if our other players were able to hit shots earlier in the game.
Villanova defense was helped by the refs allowing it to be a very physical game. However, this is the kind of game you are likely to see in the NCAA tournament, so it was a good learning experience.

In the end MU outshot Villanova from the three. We actually lost the game at the free-throw line.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #109 on: February 13, 2020, 02:50:04 PM »

So question for the group:  Nova grabbed Markus in the backcourt to intentionally foul him.  Why was a F1 not called? There was no intent to guard Markus, just to foul him no where near his shooting range. 

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #110 on: February 13, 2020, 03:00:57 PM »
So question for the group:  Nova grabbed Markus in the backcourt to intentionally foul him.  Why was a F1 not called? There was no intent to guard Markus, just to foul him no where near his shooting range.
Should really be an F1 according to the rules,  but they’ll never call that.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #111 on: February 13, 2020, 08:18:32 PM »
I understand your point, but the foul was called in the front court. I don’t know what the refs line in the sand is, especially when Sacar was called for one.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #112 on: February 13, 2020, 08:20:56 PM »
Should really be an F1 according to the rules,  but they’ll never call that.

Exactly. But I have seen it called with controversy on occasion. Yet, why have a rule, a specific one no less, and not enforce it?

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #113 on: February 13, 2020, 08:23:25 PM »
I understand your point, but the foul was called in the front court. I don’t know what the refs line in the sand is, especially when Sacar was called for one.

I haven't had a chance to rewatch but my impression was it occurred in the backcourt (as I ranted on the chat). I will take your word for it then. Thanks

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #114 on: February 13, 2020, 08:33:07 PM »
Right after MH crosses half court.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #115 on: February 13, 2020, 08:59:14 PM »
Right after MH crosses half court.

Thanks. Unfortunately I was just rewatching it.  Ugh. We had our chances.

feedback