[Today at 09:41:55 AM]

Big East 23-24 NCAA and NIT Results by cheebs09
[Today at 09:36:47 AM]

Pep Band/Cheerleaders by TallTitan34
[Today at 09:22:48 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Bob "Big Daddy" Wild
[Today at 08:40:12 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Cruella Pavill(ion)  (Read 14703 times)

CAGASS24

• All American
Re: Cruella Pavill(ion)
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2020, 10:12:44 PM »
Proud of the guys - off shooting night for everyone but Cain and yet never let up - 2-0 next week will go a LONG way to a quality seed - good fight - 6 days off again sounds good for a strong finish!!!!!

MU Rah

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2020, 10:13:19 PM »
I honestly don't get the love for Jamal from so many Scoopers. He's played about 85 games for MU and has averaged about 4 points per game in that span. He's now had just 3 games scoring in double digits this season. He's played a decent amount too, 15 mpg in his career and about 19 mpg this year, but he's still not producing much.

Outside of improving his rebounding, what gives you the impression that he's poised for a breakout senior year?

Next year I’d expect Jamal to be a high level rebounder and have the ability to make open threes. He was a huge factor doing those things tonight.

I really hope he works on his handle so he could at least be a threat to score from the wing off the bounce. He hasn’t really shown any promise there in his time here so I expect that to limit his game next year as well. Hoping I’m wrong and he shows improvement there but I’m not counting on it.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2020, 10:13:25 PM »
I'll ask again: was the travel call on Koby that lead to that three a travel?
No—he held his left pivot foot. However, I’ve asked refs about this and the consensus is if you go to the ground with the ball they will call traveling—right or wrong—it’s getting called.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2020, 10:15:11 PM »
I'll ask again: was the travel call on Koby that lead to that three a travel?
I didn’t think so but I am not an objective observer. Sure looked like one of his feet stayed on the ground through the fall to the floor.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2020, 10:15:48 PM »
The mask looked different to me tonight.  Like it was pushing down (vertically) on his face.  Looked really uncomfortable to me

Seemed to be condensating a lot more too

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2020, 10:18:04 PM »
Don't quite understand the "love the fight" crew.  That was a poorly played game.  So many dumb plays by juniors and seniors.  If upper classman can't figure it out, we have no hope. 

Nova was in control of that game from the first TV timeout to the final buzzer.  MU never had the ball with a chance to tie or take the lead.  1 point loss makes it sound like that game was competitive.  It wasn't. 

This game is symptomatic if the Wojo/Markus era. Have played well for a few games, great opportunity to make some noise nationally.....and crap the bed.

Competitive loss on the road to a good team is crapping the bed. Got it.

We played poorly for a good amount of the game. We just as easily could have folded and lost by 20.

Instead, we kept fighting and made it a game in the last couple of minutes.

There’s nothing to be ashamed of.

Some of you are literally too stupid to think insult.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2020, 10:19:23 PM »
Don't quite understand the "love the fight" crew.  That was a poorly played game.  So many dumb plays by juniors and seniors.  If upper classman can't figure it out, we have no hope. 

Nova was in control of that game from the first TV timeout to the final buzzer.  MU never had the ball with a chance to tie or take the lead.  1 point loss makes it sound like that game was competitive.  It wasn't. 

This game is symptomatic if the Wojo/Markus era. Have played well for a few games, great opportunity to make some noise nationally.....and crap the bed.

It would have been a great win but not sure it would have been a defining game in the Wojo/Markus era. The same people saying “whenever we get a chance to move the needle we fail” would have just carried that over to the Creighton game. Win that one...then it’s the Providence game and so on.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2020, 10:20:11 PM »
I thought the dagger was the Gillespie three with two minutes left.

MU was down 7 at that point, shot clock was under ten, and he hit a three from about four feet behind the line.

We were at a bar that we thought was open till 11 (Eastern) but at about 9:50 our server tells us they're closing at 10 but we can finish our beers. We really take our time. Finished at about 10:20 but they still didn't kick us out. At right around 10:30, Gillespie hit that 3 to make it 70-60 and my buddy said, "That's it, we'd better go." We had been the last 2 in the bar.

I only live about 5 minutes away but I didn't want a speeding ticket (only had 2 beers, so wouldn't have gotten DUI) so I tried hard not to speed. At every stop sign I took a quick glance at the gamecast on my phone and saw 70-63, then 70-65, then 71-65 right as I pulled into the garage.

Got upstairs to my TV room just in time to see Markus' 3 pull us within 71-68. Made it a game. Couldn't quite get it done after that.

That's why I never leave an effen game early!

Damn, almost had an incredible comeback win. Just had too many long stretches where we couldn't buy a hoop. Cain, finally, was able to hit some open Js and definitely ignited us.

There are no participation ribbons, but I still come out of this more encouraged than discouraged.

Protect serve at home, and we're rolling again.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2020, 10:21:02 PM »

Never had the ball with a chance to tie or take the lead...

...except when they had the ball down 3.

#mathishard
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2020, 10:24:39 PM »
We competed all night.  Shots didn't fall.  Frustrating game to watch, but this team is going to finish this season strong.  Lead pipe lock = We beat Creighton like a drum on Tuesday.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2020, 10:25:37 PM »
Next year I’d expect Jamal to be a high level rebounder and have the ability to make open threes. He was a huge factor doing those things tonight.

I really hope he works on his handle so he could at least be a threat to score from the wing off the bounce. He hasn’t really shown any promise there in his time here so I expect that to limit his game next year as well. Hoping I’m wrong and he shows improvement there but I’m not counting on it.

It has been almost three years and Anytime Cain puts the ball on the floor your thinking turnover, but he always has been a good shooter when wide open, good to see

mug644

• All American
« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2020, 10:26:34 PM »
I honestly don't get the love for Jamal from so many Scoopers. He's played about 85 games for MU and has averaged about 4 points per game in that span. He's now had just 3 games scoring in double digits this season. He's played a decent amount too, 15 mpg in his career and about 19 mpg this year, but he's still not producing much.

Outside of improving his rebounding, what gives you the impression that he's poised for a breakout senior year?

I agree completely. In Jamal, I see glimpses of potential, without consistency. I don’t see development of skills (outside of hitting open 3s). His rebounding can be impressive, as it was tonight, yet I don’t see the kind of progress that makes me believe that he’ll play a more significant role going forward, including next year.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2020, 10:26:47 PM »
When they fouled up three I have to wonder if it would've been better just to take a shot behind the arc. It was clearly coming, even Markus was ready for it, would've been a good time to breakout a pump fake or something.
Maigh Eo for Sam

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2020, 10:26:53 PM »
We competed all night.  Shots didn't fall.  Frustrating game to watch, but this team is going to finish this season strong.  Lead pipe lock = We beat Creighton like a drum on Tuesday.

I like our chances, but this is the same Creighton team that just knocked off Seton Hall in Jersey tonight. I expect that to be a tough game.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2020, 10:28:38 PM »
I like our chances, but this is the same Creighton team that just knocked off Seton Hall in Jersey tonight. I expect that to be a tough game.

Yep. And in my opinion they are the worst matchup for us in the BE. We'll have a good shot though and I'd also predict a close win.

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2020, 10:31:33 PM »
When they fouled up three I have to wonder if it would've been better just to take a shot behind the arc. It was clearly coming, even Markus was ready for it, would've been a good time to breakout a pump fake or something.

So, did you want Markus to shoot from halfcourt, or pick up his dribble and pump fake? 

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2020, 10:33:29 PM »
So, did you want Markus to shoot from halfcourt, or pick up his dribble and pump fake?

I haven't decided yet. I was just envisioning Rowsey in the same situation and I feel like Rowsey could've made it a shot instead of a standard foul. (Not that it mattered b/c MH missed the free throw)
Maigh Eo for Sam

TFlegend

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2020, 10:36:52 PM »
Never had the ball with a chance to tie or take the lead...

...except when they had the ball down 3.

#mathishard

If you consider getting the ball with 10 seconds left and Nova fouling at half court a legit chance to tie....we'll just agree to disagree. 

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2020, 10:37:04 PM »
I haven't decided yet. I was just envisioning Rowsey in the same situation and I feel like Rowsey could've made it a shot instead of a standard foul. (Not that it mattered b/c MH missed the free throw)

We were just F’d at that point I think. Wright made the correct call and fouled. Even Howard making the two free throws, the odds are still really low.

I really think MU should have fouled with about 40 seconds even though they got the stop. It felt like Nova was getting tight and MU was locked in and gaining the edge.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2020, 10:39:33 PM »

I also made a deal with the wife that if we can watch the game we could watch "this is us" after and now she's asleep.  I at least got 1 win tonight.

That’s why every couple needs two TVs - but I did LOL.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2020, 10:39:44 PM »
If you consider getting the ball with 10 seconds left and Nova fouling at half court a legit chance to tie....we'll just agree to disagree.

Yeah I guess we will. Your math doesn’t add up.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2020, 10:41:24 PM »
Yeah I guess we will. Your math doesn’t add up.

It does when you realize we never actually had the chance to tie. Possessing the ball 50 ft from the hoop isn't a real chance to tie the game.

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #72 on: February 12, 2020, 10:41:39 PM »
We were screwed as soon as Jay called for the foul.  He was prepared.  That what fouling, up 3, does to the other team.

Good fight.  The shots started to fall a bit too late.  Ran out of time.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 10:43:31 PM by 94Warrior »

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2020, 10:42:17 PM »

The Thing!

mug644

• All American
« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2020, 10:42:25 PM »
We were just F’d at that point I think. Wright made the correct call and fouled. Even Howard making the two free throws, the odds are still really low.

I really think MU should have fouled with about 40 seconds even though they got the stop. It felt like Nova was getting tight and MU was locked in and gaining the edge.

Isn’t that the argument for not fouling? Wojo was clearing waving his arms while Nova was still in the backcourt, so the team knew that a stop was the plan. I don’t question that decision, even though I’m disappointed that MU didn’t pull out the win.