[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Hallmarq
[March 27, 2024, 09:09:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Campus Accident  (Read 4717 times)

checkmarq

• Walk-On
Campus Accident
« on: February 12, 2020, 09:07:23 AM »

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
Re: Campus Accident
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2020, 09:15:23 AM »
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2020, 09:23:23 AM »
Terrible, terrible news. Condolences to Joe's family.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2020, 09:50:57 AM »
This is horrible news.  I never had Prof. Daniels in class, but there was one semester where our schedules had us walking into Straz at the same time just about every day.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

JuniorCardigan

• Walk-On
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2020, 09:52:04 AM »
Had him as a professor my senior year, he was a really good and incredibly intelligent guy. Terrible news.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 02:49:14 PM by JuniorCardigan »

Goose

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2020, 09:52:27 AM »
Horrible news. Prayers to his family.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2020, 10:14:02 AM »
Sad news. Sounded like by the story the driver had a green light, yet might have been drinking.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2020, 11:13:38 AM »
Sad news. Sounded like by the story the driver had a green light, yet might have been drinking.

The Milwaukee Police Department said Daniels was crossing the street at 10th St. and Wisconsin Ave. when a woman drove through a green light at a high speed and struck him, according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

The driver was arrested for suspicion of operating while intoxicated, according to the Journal Sentinel.
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2020, 11:14:17 AM »
Poop.    Prayers up.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2020, 11:15:20 AM »
This is a gut punch.  Wonderful man.  Cancer survivor.  Kind, intelligent, fun man.  Life is precious.
Ludum habemus.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2020, 11:27:12 AM »
The Milwaukee Police Department said Daniels was crossing the street at 10th St. and Wisconsin Ave. when a woman drove through a green light at a high speed and struck him, according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

The driver was arrested for suspicion of operating while intoxicated, according to the Journal Sentinel.

So, the driver had the green light is how I read that. Driver too fast and lost control I would guess. Sad, to hear.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 11:35:08 AM by Mr. Nielsen »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2020, 12:06:33 PM »
His son was in my class at MU and MUHS and went to St. Mary’s Elm Grove with some of my close friends. Terrible.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2020, 12:09:50 PM »
Joe was one of my favorite people at Marquette.  He was such a nice guy, great professor, awesome mentor, and was there for me during a rough time.  This is a great tragedy for Marquette, and all of us, for losing such a wonderful person. 

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2020, 12:19:21 PM »
Got to know Joe in the last year thanks to my involvement with the business school alumni association. Great dean, even better human. I was so excited for the direction Joe was taking the college of business and this is just devastating for his family as well as the college who will miss his leadership and vision. Man, hold your family close.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2020, 12:39:18 PM »
Man, that really really sucks. I wish I had better words here, that's a heartbreaker.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2020, 12:43:13 PM »
The only class I ever dropped was his - we had Micro in the Straz lecture hall, an arrangement he was against and never taught again. Retook him the next year in a small class setting. He was the one that inspired my wife to switch from Accounting to Finance. 

An absolute tragedy.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

JuniorCardigan

• Walk-On
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2020, 02:49:50 PM »
NM
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 02:54:28 PM by JuniorCardigan »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2020, 02:56:10 PM »
So sad to hear of this loss to our Marquette family.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2020, 03:03:24 PM »
Tragic.  Prayers to his family and to the driver who is likely going through her own hell right now.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Marquette Gyros

• Starter
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2020, 02:19:55 PM »
This is a gut punch.  Wonderful man.  Cancer survivor.  Kind, intelligent, fun man.  Life is precious.

I can’t say it any better than this.

I took a couple classes with him while he was battling cancer; he was still able to easily relay and build excitement for learning some really difficult concepts. Probably the best professor I had at Marquette. This is a huge loss for MU. 

Should probably retitle the thread so more understand that the accident took Dr Daniels’ life.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2020, 07:41:10 PM »
Tragic.  Prayers to his family and to the driver who is likely going through her own hell right now.

maybe this will be an unpopular opinion but I don't care about her. She drove under the influence and recklessly.  She caused a good man to lose his life and a family to lose their husband, father, uncle, etc.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2020, 07:47:06 PM »
maybe this will be an unpopular opinion but I don't care about her. She drove under the influence and recklessly.  She caused a good man to lose his life and a family to lose their husband, father, uncle, etc.

I'm with ya. I have very little sympathy for people who get drunk/high and decide to drive.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2020, 08:53:12 PM »
I think it is appropriate to feel sympathy for all people involved regardless of their fault.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2020, 08:56:07 PM »
Everyone has made a terrible mistake in their life.  Some of those mistakes just have had their number called.  I call an Uber 99% of the time but there by the grace of God go I. 

Like Chicos I will also pray for this girl who I would assume is going through hell. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

feedback