Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 2nd place in the Big East  (Read 14234 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: 2nd place in the Big East
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2020, 03:13:31 PM »
WWWW

We Will Win Wednesday!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2020, 03:14:04 PM »
WWWW

We Will Win Wednesday!

I don’t think so, but hope to be wrong.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

tower912

• All American
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2020, 03:21:08 PM »
Love the optimism.   I think Nova comes out angry and jumps on us.   I hope nobody gets hurt.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2020, 03:25:42 PM »
Love the optimism.   I think Nova comes out angry and jumps on us.   I hope nobody gets hurt.

I always think this kind of thing is overrated. Wasn't Nova plenty "angry" and motivated against Seton Hall, as they had just lost 2 straight, including one at home? If not, all jokes aside, Wright really should be fired! (Joking.)

I like the way we match up with this year's Nova team. If we play well, we will be in the game from start to finish.

WWWW

CAGASS24

• All American
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2020, 03:28:09 PM »
T1tt1es

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2020, 03:35:21 PM »
Disagree...the 1-3 was as much who and where we played.  Some people just piss their pants too easily at the slightest hint of adversity.

I was taught 5 years to judge.  So when a coach after 5 years has no NCAA wins, a conference title or even a conference championship game appearance I tend to worry when that coach starts out 1-3 in conference. But again, it’s bc I was taught...5 years to judge. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Warrior🏀

• Walk-On
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2020, 03:46:18 PM »
Unless I read it wrong, I believe Ryan Conway was at game.

Yes.  I had eyes on the kid behind the MU bench.  This profile perfectly matches the guy I saw wearing his team color - Red.  Kinda stood out on Blue/Gold day.  https://247sports.com/player/ryan-conway-46057257/

war1980rior

• Team Captain
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2020, 05:08:23 PM »

Agree Nova should be fired up.  Add in they are retiring Arcidiacono's jersey and you have a fired up crowd as well.  I still think we're the better team. They'll need to grind this one.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2020, 05:08:29 PM »
Yes.  I had eyes on the kid behind the MU bench.  This profile perfectly matches the guy I saw wearing his team color - Red.  Kinda stood out on Blue/Gold day.  https://247sports.com/player/ryan-conway-46057257/

Can confirm, it was Conway

GoldenZebra

• All American
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2020, 05:17:34 PM »
Nova is at home and very desperate for a win. MU has been playing well. The matchup is in MU's favor I think, but combination of desperate Nova at home is making me second guess the optimism.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2020, 05:20:41 PM »
I don't want to be negative, but if history has taught us anything, when MU has a lot to play for and really has a chance to do something special, they TYPICALLY have not gotten the job done. Hopefully that changes Wednesday, but man, what a terrible time to have to play Nova.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2020, 05:24:36 PM »
I don't want to be negative,
All evidence to the contrary.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 05:26:58 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2020, 05:26:24 PM »
I don't want to be negative, but if history has taught us anything, when MU has a lot to play for and really has a chance to do something special, they TYPICALLY have not gotten the job done. Hopefully that changes Wednesday, but man, what a terrible time to have to play Nova.
When Is a great time to play at nova

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2020, 05:55:32 PM »
Disagree...the 1-3 was as much who and where we played.  Some people just piss their pants too easily at the slightest hint of adversity.

Yep, same thing last season with that Indiana beatdown.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

muguru

• All American
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2020, 06:08:15 PM »
When Is a great time to play at nova

Well, likely never, but if I had my choice, I'd rather have flipped flopped the MU-Nova games. Would have rather played them @ Nova early and at home now. Certainly not after they have lost 3 straight though. When's the last time Nova has lost 3 in a row?? Let alone 4??
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2020, 06:21:10 PM »
Well, likely never, but if I had my choice, I'd rather have flipped flopped the MU-Nova games. Would have rather played them @ Nova early and at home now. Certainly not after they have lost 3 straight though. When's the last time Nova has lost 3 in a row?? Let alone 4??

Of course, in that case had we lost at Nova, we would have had an 0-4 start. Scoop would have handled that well.

I don't know when the last time Nova has lost 3 or 4 in a row. I do know that many Scoopers ripped Wojo as often as they could because he hadn't won 3 straight BEast games - as if it was something impossible, something he'd never do. Then he won 8 straight last year, so folks had to find other crap to beyotch about.

Each game is its own entity.

WWWW

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2020, 06:35:46 PM »
I always think this kind of thing is overrated. Wasn't Nova plenty "angry" and motivated against Seton Hall, as they had just lost 2 straight, including one at home? If not, all jokes aside, Wright really should be fired! (Joking.)

I like the way we match up with this year's Nova team. If we play well, we will be in the game from start to finish.

WWWW

Seton Hall is just a better team....best team in the conference
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2020, 06:38:54 PM »
I was taught 5 years to judge.  So when a coach after 5 years has no NCAA wins, a conference title or even a conference championship game appearance I tend to worry when that coach starts out 1-3 in conference. But again, it’s bc I was taught...5 years to judge.

You were also taught the tournament is a crap shoot.  In the 5 years to judge we made significant progress, solid recruiting, made three straight post season tournaments and as some of us said this year...would make it again this year.  I cannot help those like PRN and others that guaranteed we were missing the tournament, etc.  Those that put all the value in one game in March....yes you get to still complain.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2020, 09:26:05 PM »
I could be setting myself up for some disappointment, but I think this MU team is better equipped to deal with Nova than in past years. They put the clamps on them last month.

Confident team vs. an angry team. Think it'll be a fun one.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2020, 09:39:48 PM »
We started off 1-3.  That warrants some serious concern.

We’ve won 6 of 7.  That warrants some serious props. 

When did the booing begin?  Game 5.   Then MU wins 6 of 7.

It worked!

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2020, 09:43:47 PM »

It worked!

It would be nice to let DePaul know.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2020, 09:54:14 PM »

It worked!

Lol

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2020, 10:40:15 PM »
Not an ideal time to be playing Nova...Have lost 2 of their last 3 at home. That almost never happens. They are going to be loaded for bear Wednesday.

Thank God they are loaded for bear.   We’re Eagles. Golden Eagles.  Go Marquette!  :)

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2020, 11:04:01 PM »
MU is suppose to lose Wednesday so the team can play loose and have fun, pressure is on Villy.  Villy is good but very beatable.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2020, 11:27:47 PM »
MU is suppose to lose Wednesday so the team can play loose and have fun, pressure is on Villy.  Villy is good but very beatable.

+1