collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Bob Knight returns to Assembly Hall  (Read 7463 times)

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
Re: Bob Knight returns to Assembly Hall
« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2020, 06:54:10 PM »

We will agree to disagree, dg. I do not think this bully should be revered at all.

Pretend it was someone else and was responsible for some major changes (e.g. the law or policies), but did some things in the past that were wrong....would you feel the same?  I could provide some examples.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2020, 07:19:43 PM »
What "truth"? You have offered no proof that the assault wasn't real. Given Bobby's history of bullying and abusive behavior, I have absolutely no reason to believe it didn't happen.

And he did throttle Reed, and lied about it.

He verbally assaulted a volunteer at the NCAA tournament - mercilessly went after somebody just because he knew he could bully the young man. It was disgusting. He should have been suspended.

Many examples of this kind of behavior, and I am thrilled that recruits and their parents wised up and ran away from Bloomington. He didn't deserve to coach them.

And yes, you are right. I am biased against grown men who physically and mentally abuse those they consider weaker because their status as "institutions" lets them get away with it.

We will agree to disagree, dg. I do not think this bully should be revered at all.

Isn’t he still wanted in Puerto Rico?
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2020, 10:22:08 PM »
What "truth"? You have offered no proof that the assault wasn't real. Given Bobby's history of bullying and abusive behavior, I have absolutely no reason to believe it didn't happen.

And he did throttle Reed, and lied about it.

He verbally assaulted a volunteer at the NCAA tournament - mercilessly went after somebody just because he knew he could bully the young man. It was disgusting. He should have been suspended.

Many examples of this kind of behavior, and I am thrilled that recruits and their parents wised up and ran away from Bloomington. He didn't deserve to coach them.

And yes, you are right. I am biased against grown men who physically and mentally abuse those they consider weaker because their status as "institutions" lets them get away with it.

Ok for Al to punch someone however.....
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2020, 06:03:40 PM »
Goose cried.

Is that the same as, "Jesus wept?"

Death on call

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2020, 03:51:34 PM »
When is IU bringing Crean back to Assembly Hall?

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2020, 04:03:33 PM »

After Mike Davis.  Before Kelvin Sampson.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2020, 06:21:28 PM »
If their MO stays the same, they'll wait until Crean's dementia is advanced enough that he doesn't understand where he is.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2020, 06:36:15 PM »
If their MO stays the same, they'll wait until Crean's dementia is advanced enough that he doesn't understand where he is.

I don’t think that was IU’s choice...
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

feedback