[Today at 04:40:13 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by BrewCity83
[Today at 04:40:04 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Dr. Blackheart
[Today at 04:38:52 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: NCAA investigations cont.  (Read 94792 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: NCAA investigations cont.
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2020, 03:26:59 PM »
I know. Just ask Kelvin Sampson, Bruce Pearl and Rick Pitino and their institutions. They kept coaching and nothing happened to their schools.

I think Auburn, Houston, and Iona are thrilled with the coaches they have.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2020, 02:17:45 PM »

To me the Question for the University Presidents is,  Penalizing the School/Coaches will have what net affect on the Reward to Risk factors.

For me the answer is easy, the Golden Goose keeps Strutting along.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

Viper

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2020, 03:59:00 PM »
When does Creighton get hammered?
Moron? Maybe. Dork? Possibly. Lost? Definitely.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2020, 04:08:52 PM »
When does Creighton get hammered?

The same time Kansas, LSU, Arizona, and Auburn get hammered.  Never.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2020, 05:02:37 PM »
I think Auburn, Houston, and Iona are thrilled with the coaches they have.

Were their previous schools sanctioned and were they fired? That in itself destroys your “the NCAA does nothing” premise.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2020, 05:07:17 PM »
Were their previous schools sanctioned and were they fired? That in itself destroys your “the NCAA does nothing” premise.

I don’t know if their previous schools received sanctions. Just goes to show how damning they were if they did. Louisville, and Tennessee really seem to be hurting a lot recently if they were sanctioned. Good job NCAA. Indiana had to overcome Tom Crean so I’d think that was punishment enough.

What I do know is those three continue to be paid millions of dollars a year to coach in the NCAA. Again, way to really lay down the hammer NCAA. All anyone needs to do to be scared out of thinking about cheating is look at those three guys. How will they ever be successful again?

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2020, 06:17:25 PM »
I know. Just ask Kelvin Sampson, Bruce Pearl and Rick Pitino and their institutions. They kept coaching and nothing happened to their schools.
I think NCAA has to tougher but this statement is not true. Pitino alone lost $50MM+

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2020, 01:41:29 PM »
https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/2224665/review-can-the-ncaa-actually-do-anything-besides-laugh-at-el-chapo-after-watching-the-scheme-documentary-like-they-planned

This is absolutely embarrassing for the NCAA

LOL, Barstool Sports.

In reality, the NCAA has been after the documents and wiretaps for years but the FBI wouldn't give them access.  Meanwhile, they did go to Kansas, well, that's some good reading.

I kept watching for the bombshell last night and well, nothing.  A reasonable party could argue the engaged in entrapment with Dawkins. They kept asking him to do something he didn't want to - pay the coaches directly.  Four assistants did get nailed, but I guess the armchair sleuths think that's not enough despite the lack of evidence.

That was two hours of my life I want back, even during the pandemic. There were more surprises in Al Capone's vault.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2020, 01:47:09 PM »
LOL, Barstool Sports.

In reality, the NCAA has been after the documents and wiretaps for years but the FBI wouldn't give them access.  Meanwhile, they did go to Kansas, well, that's some good reading.

I kept watching for the bombshell last night and well, nothing.  A reasonable party could argue the engaged in entrapment with Dawkins. They kept asking him to do something he didn't want to - pay the coaches directly.  Four assistants did get nailed, but I guess the armchair sleuths think that's not enough despite the lack of evidence.

That was two hours of my life I want back, even during the pandemic. There were more surprises in Al Capone's vault.

The real joke is the continued success - and employment of - Miller, Self, Wade and their programs.

Seems weird that you're happy with the situation.

Guess you're on the side that prefers winning at all costs.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2020, 03:11:14 PM »
LOL, Barstool Sports.

Lol.  Good ol' Cheeks.

wadesworld

• All American

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2020, 07:33:57 PM »
Watched Scheme today.  FBI, Miller, Wade and Blazer come off poorly.  Nothing new in the documentary.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2020, 12:50:28 AM »
Lol.  Good ol' Cheeks.

Not Cheeks, but let me know when you have a chance to sit down with the head of basketball enforcement to discuss the investigations. It’s easy for you to talk when you don’t know what you’re talking about.

Have you read the Kansas report?

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2020, 12:53:00 AM »
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/28982980/michigan-state-basketball-coach-tom-izzo-sought-witness-2017-criminal-investigation-player

Will the NCAA get involved here?

Criminal matter, not a NCAA matter.  The NCAA doesn’t have jx.

Does the Sheriff’s office get involved when coaches have impermissible contact with a recruit?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2020, 08:37:59 AM »
Criminal matter, not a NCAA matter.  The NCAA doesn’t have jx.

Does the Sheriff’s office get involved when coaches have impermissible contact with a recruit?

Title IX isn’t an NCAA matter? Seems as though it is.

But we know the NCAA won’t do anything.

Not Cheeks, but let me know when you have a chance to sit down with the head of basketball enforcement to discuss the investigations. It’s easy for you to talk when you don’t know what you’re talking about.

Have you read the Kansas report?

Awesome you got to sit down with him Cheeks.

I’ll read the “Kansas report” when they actually do something about it.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2020, 08:59:26 AM »
Another Cheeks?  Wasn’t this bestowed on me last week?  Ha ha. 
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2020, 09:24:09 AM »
Another Cheeks?  Wasn’t this bestowed on me last week?  Ha ha.

No we know that Cheeks is an Angels fan and you are a Cubs fan so you cannot possibly be Cheeks.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2020, 06:54:44 PM »
No we know that Cheeks is an Angels fan and you are a Cubs fan so you cannot possibly be Cheeks.

rent free.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2020, 11:41:15 AM »

Danielle Lerner

@danielle_lerner
·
12m

The University of Louisville has received a Notice of Allegations from the NCAA pertaining to the men's basketball program,
@TheAthletic
 has confirmed through multiple sources. The school plans to send out a release and announce a press conference shortly.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2020, 11:43:07 AM »

Danielle Lerner

@danielle_lerner
·
12m

The University of Louisville has received a Notice of Allegations from the NCAA pertaining to the men's basketball program,
@TheAthletic
 has confirmed through multiple sources. The school plans to send out a release and announce a press conference shortly.

Hahahahahahahahahaha it's like that school breeds corruption
Maigh Eo for Sam

muguru

• All American
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2020, 11:51:10 AM »
Hahahahahahahahahaha it's like that school breeds corruption

Today, the University of Louisville received a Notice of Allegations from the NCAA regarding the 2016-2017 and 2017-2018 men's basketball program. The issuance of the Notice comes after a nearly two-year long investigation by the NCAA enforcement staff into several college men’s basketball programs, all stemming from a Department of Justice investigation.

The allegations issued against the Louisville men's basketball program include:
• A Level I allegation that an improper recruiting offer, and subsequent extra benefits to the family of an enrolled student athlete; and a recruiting inducement to a prospective student-athlete’s non-scholastic coach/trainer, were provided by certain individuals, purportedly identified and defined by the NCAA as “representatives of the university’s athletics interests”, none of whom had traditional connections to the University beyond their affiliation with Adidas or professional athlete management entities, as well as by a former assistant coach and a former associate head coach;
• A Level II allegation of recruiting violations by the same two former men’s basketball coaching staff members in providing impermissible transportation and having impermissible contact in the context of recruitment-related activities;
• A Level II allegation that the institution failed to adequately monitor the recruitment of an incoming, high-profile student-athlete;
• A Level II allegation that the former head men’s basketball coach did not satisfy his head coach responsibility when he failed to promote an atmosphere of compliance;
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2020, 11:55:26 AM »
To be fair, Chicos never said *what* summer the NCAA would announce these allegations.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

feedback