[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by MurphysTillClose
[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Golf 2020  (Read 36359 times)

🏀

• All American
Re: Golf 2020
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2020, 03:27:35 PM »
PGA announcement coming tomorrow. 8/6 start at Harding Park.

Meanwhile Newsome skeptical about the 49ers in September.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2020, 09:19:39 AM »
Open is canceled.

Tour starting at Memorial without fans.

PGA August 6th.

US Open September 17th.

Ryder Cup September 25th.

Masters in November.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2020, 08:38:42 PM »
@brianwacker1: BREAKING: The PGA Tour will announce this week that it plans to resume its season June 11-14 at Colonial, according to multiple sources. Here is what the schedule is expected to look like when it gets released: https://www.golfdigest.com/story/sources-pga-tour-to-announce-june-restart-to-2020-season

tower912

• All American
« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2020, 11:44:10 AM »
It is snowing this week, so it is a little easier to handle the absence of golf.   I got in 63 holes before the lockdown.    I guess I should be happy about that.
     An interesting thing is going on around here.    Golf was specifically shut down.     A private club near here had golfers on it over the warm Easter weekend despite the shut down.    A whole bunch of Karen's took pictures and videos and posted them on facebook and called 911 and raised holy hell.    The local county prosecutor made a public statement along the lines of..... this is private property that these people have paid a lot of money to have access to.    As long as there is no employees there servicing the golfers, I am not going to ticket any member who walks on to this property with their golf clubs, or drives up in their own cart, as long as they practice reasonable social distancing.   
     The pictures showed there was not social distancing, as there was about a 20 golfer mob waiting to tee off on the first hole.  So, the folks there need to be a little smarter.     A fascinating search for a loophole.    Makes me wish I had joined a private club.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2020, 12:10:44 PM »
It is snowing this week, so it is a little easier to handle the absence of golf.   I got in 63 holes before the lockdown.    I guess I should be happy about that.
     An interesting thing is going on around here.    Golf was specifically shut down.     A private club near here had golfers on it over the warm Easter weekend despite the shut down.    A whole bunch of Karen's took pictures and videos and posted them on facebook and called 911 and raised holy hell.    The local county prosecutor made a public statement along the lines of..... this is private property that these people have paid a lot of money to have access to.    As long as there is no employees there servicing the golfers, I am not going to ticket any member who walks on to this property with their golf clubs, or drives up in their own cart, as long as they practice reasonable social distancing.   
     The pictures showed there was not social distancing, as there was about a 20 golfer mob waiting to tee off on the first hole.  So, the folks there need to be a little smarter.     A fascinating search for a loophole.    Makes me wish I had joined a private club.   

In Illinois JB made a point to say private golf clubs also had to close and lock doors completely. So even CGC is closed - though it's easier to get on Augusta than it is CGC.
But I like to throw handfuls...

tower912

• All American
« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2020, 07:33:52 PM »
Please don't take John Daly's advice on how to beat COVID.     Or on anything else, for that matter.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

tower912

• All American
« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2020, 12:39:01 PM »
Playing today.   The course has the raised cups.    200 yard par 3, I hit a perfect 4 hybrid that never leaves the flag.    I thought I heard a tink, my playing partner wasn't sure.    We got to the green and the dew trail indicated that my ball, lying 18 inches from the cup, had indeed hit the raised cup.     Ruling?

For the record, I wrote down a 2, on the reasoning that we don't KNOW the ball would have fallen in if the cups had been normal.   

What say you?

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2020, 12:51:46 PM »
Playing today.   The course has the raised cups.    200 yard par 3, I hit a perfect 4 hybrid that never leaves the flag.    I thought I heard a tink, my playing partner wasn't sure.    We got to the green and the dew trail indicated that my ball, lying 18 inches from the cup, had indeed hit the raised cup.     Ruling?

For the record, I wrote down a 2, on the reasoning that we don't KNOW the ball would have fallen in if the cups had been normal.   

What say you?

My wife and I had this conversation when we heard about the raised cups. So many variables around the hole.18 inches reasonably could have dropped. Especially if it was heading towards the center.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2020, 12:55:32 PM »
If it was a chip in, I probably would have laughed, taken it, and talked crap to my buddy.   A hole in one is different.  If, for example, it was snug against the cup or only an inch or two away, I would probably count it.  18 inches away, no guarantee.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2020, 12:58:39 PM »

What say you?

I would have done the same. Something special about an ace, and I wouldn't want to mark one that wasn't holed.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2020, 01:36:03 PM »

🏀

• All American
« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2020, 01:48:10 PM »
Yeah it’s a two for me.

I feel the pool noodles are the right call.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2020, 02:39:42 PM »
If it was a chip in, I probably would have laughed, taken it, and talked crap to my buddy.   A hole in one is different.  If, for example, it was snug against the cup or only an inch or two away, I would probably count it.  18 inches away, no guarantee.

I'd ask the wife.   8-) 8-)

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2020, 07:53:35 PM »
Got 18 in at Calumet Country Club this afternoon. Shot a surprising 86. Completely overhauled my set this winter so I am still dialing in the clubs in. I would say I now know how Andy Dufresne felt after climbing through tunnel of ****. Felt so good to be out on a walk.

Let's go Launch Em'!
But I like to throw handfuls...

tower912

• All American
« Reply #65 on: May 01, 2020, 07:56:57 PM »
A little ticked that Jordan Spieth is claiming a hole in one on a ball that did not hole out.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #66 on: May 06, 2020, 10:26:34 PM »
Got in my first 18 today.

Haven't swung a club since December but finally managed to hit a 300 yard drive. Go figure.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #67 on: May 07, 2020, 03:55:24 PM »
How long is it taking to play?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #68 on: May 07, 2020, 03:58:24 PM »
My son and I walked 18 in 2:45 last Thursday after the rain.   3some today finished in 3:25.   Go out early, make a tee time.   Pick a course that is tougher to walk.   Less traffic.   Although around here, the ADA is causing some courses to give carts to the old and handicapped.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #69 on: May 07, 2020, 05:29:59 PM »
How long is it taking to play?

In Illinois the rule is you have to wait until the group in front of you to get on the green before you tee off. My dad and I walked 18 in about 4 hours. We had to wait for the group in front of us on almost every hole but it wasn’t too bad.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #70 on: May 07, 2020, 08:47:55 PM »
Played 18 yesterday, 3:45. Could’ve been 3:15 easily.

🏀

• All American

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #72 on: May 08, 2020, 09:34:08 AM »
My round Sunday afternoon was about 4:10. Was paired with another twosome on the front nine and that slowed things down.

I have to say that even though it went longer than I like, spacing the tee times out 15 minutes meant we didn't have to wait on anyone, which made it so much more enjoyable.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #73 on: May 08, 2020, 01:11:22 PM »
My round Sunday afternoon was about 4:10. Was paired with another twosome on the front nine and that slowed things down.

I have to say that even though it went longer than I like, spacing the tee times out 15 minutes meant we didn't have to wait on anyone, which made it so much more enjoyable.

Been out a couple times and felt the same way about a four hour round with no delays.  It was great
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #74 on: May 09, 2020, 10:07:59 PM »
Played Mammoth Dunes today with a foursome and the round took 4:25. Course is wonderful, really enjoyed it. I can see why some would take a caddie as there were a lot of blind shots but it was pretty easy course to walk and carry even with all the elevation changes.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

feedback