[Today at 08:17:02 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by bilsu
[Today at 07:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:04:53 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[Today at 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Marshall and Goodin?  (Read 5654 times)

Galway Eagle

• All American
Marshall and Goodin?
« on: January 29, 2020, 02:20:17 PM »
Maigh Eo for Sam

lawdog77

• All American

JakeBarnes

• All American
Re: Marshall and Goodin?
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2020, 02:29:56 PM »
Rumor is they're out?

http://www.xavierhoops.com/showthread.php?34128-Naji-and-q-out

Their beat reporter said both are banged up and "day to day." No definitive "out" yet.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2020, 02:31:30 PM »
Their beat reporter said both are banged up and "day to day." No definitive "out" yet.

Gotcha. Intriguing
Maigh Eo for Sam

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2020, 02:57:41 PM »
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good, right? I don't mind a little good fortune potentially coming our way for a conference road game. The numbers affect our NET rating the same regardless of who's on the floor for X tonight. Let's go get that W.

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2020, 03:32:24 PM »
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good, right? I don't mind a little good fortune potentially coming our way for a conference road game. The numbers affect our NET rating the same regardless of who's on the floor for X tonight. Let's go get that W.

Hell yes, after what Marquette has been through these past two seasons with injuries and departures I don't want to hear about their opponents misfortunes. It's still going to be a tough game regardless and a win on the road would be great.

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2020, 03:40:32 PM »
Hell yes, after what Marquette has been through these past two seasons with injuries and departures I don't want to hear about their opponents misfortunes. It's still going to be a tough game regardless and a win on the road would be great.

Oh for Christ’s sake, you make it sound like we’re the Ben-Hur of basketball teams.  MU has been lucky under Wojo when it comes to injuries.  Losing Dominic was a devastating injury.  Ditto Travis.  Those teams were essentially finished when those players went down.  Wojo hasn’t had to go through anything like that.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2020, 03:42:35 PM »
Would be shocked if Marshall doesn't play.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2020, 03:43:35 PM »
Greg participating in pre game shootaround.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2020, 03:51:36 PM »
Both will X players will play tonight. Book it.

Both were in walk throughs and shoots rounds.

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2020, 04:01:26 PM »
Oh for Christ’s sake, you make it sound like we’re the Ben-Hur of basketball teams.  MU has been lucky under Wojo when it comes to injuries.  Losing Dominic was a devastating injury.  Ditto Travis.  Those teams were essentially finished when those players went down.  Wojo hasn’t had to go through anything like that.

Did you miss the part about departures??

As far as other Marquette teams injuries, I never compared Wojos teams to past teams, though his teams have certainly had their fair share of injuries.

Marquette has also had a lot of players playing through significant injuries this season. Last season Sam was playing on a hip that required surgery after the season, and Markus was playing through injury as well. I guess they weren't important players in your book.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 04:26:03 PM by WhoaJoe2020 »

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2020, 04:22:45 PM »

Last year's team suffered a season-altering injury when Joey's heart broke after Markus got in his face during the DePaul game.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2020, 04:31:43 PM »
Last year's team suffered a season-altering injury when Joey's heart broke after Markus got in his face during the DePaul game.

This made me laugh out loud. Thank you for this.

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2020, 04:41:11 PM »

I thought it would be bad form to include that injury to the list.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2020, 04:54:39 PM »
Safe to assume nothing's wrong with Markus's head as far as concussion protocol?
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2020, 04:59:40 PM »
or PTSD. Post testicle striking disorder

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2020, 05:01:37 PM »
or PTSD. Post testicle striking disorder

OK, that was funny.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2020, 05:03:54 PM »
https://twitter.com/slrussell/status/1222645486500401152

Shannon Russell
@slrussell
I’d be very surprised if Goodin and Marshall don’t play tonight.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2020, 05:09:14 PM »
Did you miss the part about departures??

As far as other Marquette teams injuries, I never compared Wojos teams to past teams, though his teams have certainly had their fair share of injuries.

Marquette has also had a lot of players playing through significant injuries this season. Last season Sam was playing on a hip that required surgery after the season, and Markus was playing through injury as well. I guess they weren't important players in your book.

How many games have starters missed on Wojo's last 5 teams?  As I seem to recall - none.  Greg Elliott is the only player who has missed significant time due to injury.

Stop making excuses for Markus and Sam last year. Markus averaged ~32 minutes per game after the "injury."  Sam averaged ~36 minutes the last 10 games of the year. Markus managed to get up 27, 31, 20, and 27 shot attempts his last 4 games.  Pretty hard to do that if you are "injured."

Shocked that with all of your basketball playing experience, you don't understand all guys are slightly banged up down the stretch - particularly those who were played 77% and 82% of all minutes for a college basketball season.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2020, 05:10:23 PM »
Bro. MarKus missed a game this season.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2020, 05:19:37 PM »

Didn't he miss one last season as well? And didnt Markus or Rowsey miss one two years ago? And Fischer I believe.
Maigh Eo for Sam

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2020, 05:21:23 PM »

Marquette Hoops Culture Over the Years

The McGuire Golden Age

The O'Neill Renaissance

Mike Deane's Dark Glasses

Tanned Tommy's Tenure

Switchables

The Duke of Dull

« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 05:42:40 PM by keefe »

Death on call

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2020, 05:23:43 PM »

I stand corrected.  Forgot he didn't play against Jacksonville, and has 2 other DNP's in 121 games at MU.  So he's played in 97.5% of games at MU - hardly handcuffing Wojo due to injury.  Injury prevention under Wojo has actually been incredible. Wonder if Theo jacked his wrist up in that awesome MMA training though?

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2020, 05:26:05 PM »
I stand corrected.  Forgot he didn't play against Jacksonville, and has 2 other DNP's in 121 games at MU.  So he's played in 97.5% of games at MU - hardly handcuffing Wojo due to injury.  Injury prevention under Wojo has actually been incredible. Wonder if Theo jacked his wrist up in that awesome MMA training though?

The MMA training in the video happened this summer. The injury happened in January. Context is key.

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2020, 05:27:28 PM »
How many games have starters missed on Wojo's last 5 teams?  As I seem to recall - none.  Greg Elliott is the only player who has missed significant time due to injury.

Stop making excuses for Markus and Sam last year. Markus averaged ~32 minutes per game after the "injury."  Sam averaged ~36 minutes the last 10 games of the year. Markus managed to get up 27, 31, 20, and 27 shot attempts his last 4 games.  Pretty hard to do that if you are "injured."

Shocked that with all of your basketball playing experience, you don't understand all guys are slightly banged up down the stretch - particularly those who were played 77% and 82% of all minutes for a college basketball season.

You are being purposefully obtuse.

I listed in detail my reasons for why I have no sympathy for other teams "excuses" of injured or missing players.

Of course they're only allowed as "excuses" in your book when the injuries impact a team not named Marquette, and not coached by a guy named Wojo.

feedback