collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 Coaching Carousel by avid1010
[Today at 03:29:22 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Pakuni
[Today at 03:28:48 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 03:24:20 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Uncle Rico
[Today at 03:05:12 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by tower912
[Today at 02:40:05 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Jay Bee
[Today at 02:05:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")  (Read 1085623 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")
« Reply #10575 on: July 20, 2021, 01:20:14 PM »
There will be 65,000 rockin' with their junk out tonight in the Deer District. Is that a super spreader event, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #10576 on: July 20, 2021, 01:22:43 PM »
There will be 65,000 rockin' with their junk out tonight in the Deer District. Is that a super spreader event, hey?

Not if the right people approve, hey?

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #10577 on: July 20, 2021, 01:27:35 PM »

Trump’s rallies had like 760,000 people at them and they worked out fine.  And that doesn’t count the 3-400,000 who had to be turned away
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #10578 on: July 20, 2021, 02:03:27 PM »
You are the nuisance, and the only person I've heard talking about this distraction. Lay off of cable news and twitter, my dude, your life will get better I promise.

Which is also kind of my point.  If this was a group of republicans that did this it’s be the lead story on every evening news channel in America.  Can’t remember the last time I watched cable news though, life is good my dude!!

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #10579 on: July 20, 2021, 02:31:44 PM »
Which is also kind of my point.  If this was a group of republicans that did this it’s be the lead story on every evening news channel in America.  Can’t remember the last time I watched cable news though, life is good my dude!!
Spot on! If a group of republicans jointly took a public stand to secure voting rights for the people they represent it would be the lead story on every evening news channel.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #10580 on: July 20, 2021, 03:21:12 PM »

"I am making a statement about something I don't experience and know nothing about."

Kinda par for the course for you in this topic.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #10581 on: July 20, 2021, 03:42:27 PM »

Not if they are vaccinated.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #10582 on: July 20, 2021, 05:20:20 PM »
Not if they are vaccinated.

Roughly 50% of WI is vaccinated.   You make the call.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #10583 on: July 20, 2021, 06:15:04 PM »

That includes children under 12 who don't get the vaccine yet. Well over 60% for adults.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #10584 on: July 20, 2021, 09:31:56 PM »
That includes children under 12 who don't get the vaccine yet. Well over 60% for adults.

I'm just repeating what DHS reports, kin.

And there will be under 12s down there, so can't factor them out, hey?

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #10585 on: July 21, 2021, 12:07:57 AM »
I'm just repeating what DHS reports, kin.

Interesting, CDC has higher numbers for WI. 
3,188,430, or 54.8% of total
3,187,979 or 63.8% of 12+
3,027,151 or 66.4% of 18+
https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccinations

MU82

• All American
« Reply #10586 on: July 21, 2021, 09:20:53 AM »
US life expectancy in 2020 saw biggest drop since WWII

https://apnews.com/article/science-health-coronavirus-pandemic-fac0863b8c252d21d6f6a22a2e3eab86?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=MorningWire_July21&utm_term=Morning%20Wire%20Subscribers

NEW YORK (AP) — U.S. life expectancy fell by a year and a half in 2020, the largest one-year decline since World War II, public health officials said Wednesday. The decrease for both Black Americans and Hispanic Americans was even worse: three years.

The drop spelled out by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is due mainly to the COVID-19 pandemic, which health officials said is responsible for close to 74% of the overall life expectancy decline. More than 3.3 million Americans died last year, far more than any other year in U.S. history, with COVID-19 accounting for about 11% of those deaths.

Black life expectancy has not fallen so much in one year since the mid-1930s, during the Great Depression. Health officials have not tracked Hispanic life expectancy for nearly as long, but the 2020 decline was the largest recorded one-year drop.

The abrupt fall is “basically catastrophic,” said Mark Hayward, a University of Texas sociology professor who studies changes in U.S. mortality.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #10587 on: July 21, 2021, 12:28:00 PM »

These are stupid takes.  There are filled baseball stadiums every week and no one bats an eye.  There have been indoor basketball games for months with full stands.

"Super spreader events" are no longer a thing if you're vaccinated.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #10588 on: July 21, 2021, 12:28:48 PM »

People who play in the road are eventually going to get hit by cars.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #10589 on: July 21, 2021, 07:53:49 PM »
These are stupid takes.  There are filled baseball stadiums every week and no one bats an eye.  There have been indoor basketball games for months with full stands.

"Super spreader events" are no longer a thing if you're vaccinated.

and don't forget the hundreds of thousands of illegals crossing our border from the south...don't think they were given the vaccine before getting into that jam packed semi truck.  you'd think the $5-10k they paid would've included at least one jab in the arm, eyn'a?  looks like an impeachable event anywhoooo
don't...don't don't don't don't

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #10590 on: July 21, 2021, 08:09:34 PM »
and don't forget the hundreds of thousands of illegals crossing our border from the south...don't think they were given the vaccine before getting into that jam packed semi truck.  you'd think the $5-10k they paid would've included at least one jab in the arm, eyn'a?  looks like an impeachable event anywhoooo
Your ability to continually expand the dimensions of your stupidity is quite impressive.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #10591 on: July 21, 2021, 10:53:18 PM »
Your ability to continually expand the dimensions of your stupidity is quite impressive.

seriously "warrior" but "expand the dimensions..." ??  come on man!  you're killin me with the lingo dude.  still tryin to wear your polo's with the collar up, eyn'a?  go ride the bus man

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #10592 on: July 22, 2021, 06:31:19 AM »
  seriously "warrior" but "expand the dimensions..." ??  come on man!  you're killin me with the lingo dude.  still tryin to wear your polo's with the collar up, eyn'a?  go ride the bus man

If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #10593 on: July 22, 2021, 06:53:18 AM »

I welcome all of them into our country with open arms.  Just the way your family was.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #10594 on: July 22, 2021, 07:09:27 AM »
Yep.  I keep reading about unfilled jobs.   Immigrants looking for a better life will always follow those opportunities.
I have an "Irish need not apply" sign in my basement to remind me how things haven't changed, just the ethnic group being hated.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #10595 on: July 22, 2021, 07:56:44 AM »
Yep.  I keep reading about unfilled jobs.   Immigrants looking for a better life will always follow those opportunities.
I have an "Irish need not apply" sign in my basement to remind me how things haven't changed, just the ethnic group being hated.

The more things change, the more they stay the same
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #10596 on: July 22, 2021, 08:07:41 AM »

Yep yep.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #10597 on: July 22, 2021, 09:02:53 PM »

never said anything about hate tower.  i worry about the health, well being and safety of our country first.  once again, i'm about character first, not color, ethnicity, gender, etc.  good people(all lives) is all that matters...carry on

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #10598 on: July 22, 2021, 09:16:08 PM »
never said anything about hate tower.  i worry about the health, well being and safety of our country first.  once again, i'm about character first, not color, ethnicity, gender, etc.  good people(all lives) is all that matters...carry on

Unless that character wants to shave its head

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #10599 on: July 22, 2021, 09:20:11 PM »
Yep. That’s why you castigate the “hundreds of thousands of illegals”…because you’re about character.  Good one.

feedback