Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: RIP Kobe Bryant  (Read 9531 times)

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
Re: RIP Kobe Bryant
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2020, 10:11:58 AM »
Anyone else think it's strange the Lakers' twitter account and website have no mention of it?

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2020, 12:27:45 PM »
Anyone else think it's strange the Lakers' twitter account and website have no mention of it?

No. On another note. Lakers still determining if they will play tomorrow.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2020, 02:18:22 PM »
No. On another note. Lakers still determining if they will play tomorrow.

I can't believe they haven't even issued a statement.  Complete silence.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2020, 02:54:05 PM »
I can't believe they haven't even issued a statement.  Complete silence.

Because they are stunned and what can you really say? They have opened the practice facility and areas around Staples for the fans. Sometimes there are no words. The organization will have a celebration of his life. that is in the works.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2020, 04:27:54 PM »
My office is about a 500 yard from Lakers training center...a lot of people out there today paying their respects.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2020, 04:58:59 PM »
My office is about a 500 yard from Lakers training center...a lot of people out there today paying their respects.

What, you are in LA Live? stay there all the time when in LA at the JW!

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2020, 10:28:04 PM »

I think it would be far classier to stop mentioning how close you are to the tragedy and the people paying respect to it.  But it is sort of like name dropping, you can't help yourself.

smh

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2020, 10:38:35 PM »
As you can imagine out here this has been the dominant story round the clock.  24/7.  They have infrared sensors at the crash site to detect people trying to sneak onto the site. 
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2020, 10:39:52 PM »
What, you are in LA Live? stay there all the time when in LA at the JW!

They practice in El Segundo right by LAX.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2020, 10:42:18 PM »
I think it would be far classier to stop mentioning how close you are to the tragedy and the people paying respect to it.  But it is sort of like name dropping, you can't help yourself.

smh

I’m just giving an update on what is happening locally where this effects people the most.  If a Chicago or MKE big star died I would not be surprised one but or find it odd if someone here said they went to the makeshift memorial, or whatever and reported it here.

SMDH

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2020, 12:50:07 AM »

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2020, 12:50:35 AM »

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2020, 07:28:13 PM »

feedback