[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Hallmarq
[March 27, 2024, 09:09:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Meanwhile...MU moves up to 25th in the NET Rankings  (Read 4136 times)

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
Meanwhile...MU moves up to 25th in the NET Rankings
« on: January 25, 2020, 10:27:29 PM »
MU up to 25th in the NCAA NET rankings tonight
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Shooter McGavin

• All American
Re: Meanwhile...MU moves up to 25th in the NET Rankings
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2020, 10:34:14 PM »
Nice to hear.   Now let’s win on Wednesday and get on a roll.  Go MU!

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2020, 10:49:21 PM »
MU up to 25th in the NCAA NET rankings tonight

(See my comment in your other post).

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2020, 12:21:50 AM »
(See my comment in your other post).

Tournament is weeks away, this is what we have at the moment....and despite the bitching from the same group...we improved over the last few days.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2020, 12:47:43 AM »
On pace for a 7 seed, this is what Chris Otule died for!
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

🏀

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2020, 08:14:14 AM »

But is it what Buzz ran away from?

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2020, 09:18:21 AM »
I would bet once we found out the SPASHholes were quitting, most thought a 7 seed was a pipe dream.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2020, 09:23:11 AM »
The Lens

What are we ranked on Monday?

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2020, 09:30:43 AM »
I would bet once we found out the SPASHholes were quitting, most thought a 7 seed was a pipe dream.

We have a first team All American, I was still expecting a bid. There’s no miracle work being done. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2020, 09:35:38 AM »
Are you thinking what I’m thinking??! BANNER TIME!!!
No Finish Line

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2020, 10:19:19 AM »

But but we are irrelevant

fjm

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2020, 11:24:19 AM »
25th.

25th out of 347.

After losing two solid contributors last year. After all the Scoopers saying “season is over!” “Hausers are gone! We are gonna suck!”  “This coach sucks”.

We are 25th. Out of 347.

Y’all can keep whining. And keep posting in your negative threads. But I’m proud of the guys giving their all. 25th. Out of 347. And well in the NCAA tourney if season ended today.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2020, 12:17:04 PM »
25th.

25th out of 347.

After losing two solid contributors last year. After all the Scoopers saying “season is over!” “Hausers are gone! We are gonna suck!”  “This coach sucks”.

We are 25th. Out of 347.

Y’all can keep whining. And keep posting in your negative threads. But I’m proud of the guys giving their all. 25th. Out of 347. And well in the NCAA tourney if season ended today.

25th out of 353  ;)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 01:18:41 PM by Cheeks »

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2020, 01:10:26 PM »
25th.

25th out of 347.

We are 25th. Out of 347.

25th out of around 70, that’s what we should be comparing ourselves to. The Power 5 plus the BE and Gonzaga. Over 250 or more of those teams we should always be ranked above(and some of those power 5 schools like NW, Rutgers, Washington State, etc.). I don’t care that we’re ahead of Drake, South Dakota and Grand Canyon.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2020, 01:11:01 PM »
Is there a way to know where we would have been if we hadn't kicked that win away?

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2020, 01:13:58 PM »
25th out of around 70, that’s what we should be comparing ourselves to. The Power 5 plus the BE and Gonzaga. Over 250 or more of those teams we should always be ranked above(and some of those power 5 schools like NW, Rutgers, Washington State, etc.). I don’t care that we’re ahead of Drake, South Dakota and Grand Canyon.

Do you care that Dayton, SD State, Houston and BYU are ahead of MU?

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2020, 01:14:32 PM »

Though exactly the same.  I’d maybe say around 100, but I won’t quibble at your 70 number.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2020, 01:18:24 PM »

I don’t care about those either....But we are ahead of Virginia, Michigan, Stanford, Wisconsin, Auburn, LSU, Florida, Indiana, Cincinnati, UCLA, USC, Syracuse, Washington,  Oklahoma, Mississippi State (remember we should hire Ben Howland), Texas (we should hire Shaka Smart), UConn (we should hire Hurley), Arizona State (we should hire that Hurley) Oklahoma State, Tennessee, ....I could go on and on.

Do people realize we are 3 spots behind Kentucky right now? Two spots behind Chris Beard and Texas Tech? 

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2020, 01:18:59 PM »
Is there a way to know where we would have been if we hadn't kicked that win away?

Unfortunately no. NCAA is keeping the NET formula deep in the Indianapolis vault. To my knowledge, no one has reverse engineered it yet. Which is surprising to me.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2020, 01:19:44 PM »

Do you care that Michigan, Virginia, Auburn, Tennessee, Florida, UCLA, etc are behind us?

Goes both ways.

MU is ahead of BYU, Houston in the Net Rankings
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 01:21:17 PM by Cheeks »

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2020, 01:21:03 PM »

Yes. We should be a better program every year.  This board consistently denigrates Dayton and the idea they could join the BE, so should they be better than us?

BYU lost to San Francisco last night and is 4-3 in the WCC.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2020, 01:22:22 PM »
Yes. We should be a better program every year.  This board consistently denigrates Dayton and the idea they could join the BE, so should they be better than us?

EVERY YEAR.  Please.  Not how college sports works and you should know that better than 99.9% here. 

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2020, 01:33:32 PM »

I know...but Pomeroy still has BYU ahead of MU today.

I asked because you included the Power 6 plus the Zags. I think that the best thing about CBB versus other major leagues is that these non-Power 6 schools can and do get to a Final 4. Loyola, George Mason, VCU, Indiana State, Memphis, UNLV, etc.  The Nevadas, San Diego States, St. Mary’s, Dayton, Memphis have also been competing at a high level a long time.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2020, 03:16:28 PM »
MU 25th in NCAA rankings
BYU 29th
Houston 34th

Ken Pom is great, he isn't the end all be all.  Lots of other systems.  For example, I agree with Billy that Purdue isn't 20th...but you can't cherry-pick USC and use Ken Pom to say it's ok here, but not ok there.   NCAA Net has Purdue at 36th, which is probably a better ranking.  They have USC 40th, probably also a better ranking.

No system is full proof, off course.

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2020, 03:20:23 PM »
MU 25th in NCAA rankings
BYU 29th
Houston 34th

Ken Pom is great, he isn't the end all be all.  Lots of other systems.  For example, I agree with Billy that Purdue isn't 20th...but you can't cherry-pick USC and use Ken Pom to say it's ok here, but not ok there.   NCAA Net has Purdue at 36th, which is probably a better ranking.  They have USC 40th, probably also a better ranking.

No system is full proof, off course.

He isn't the be all end all.

No system is fool proof.

feedback