[Today at 02:48:12 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by tower912
[Today at 02:40:05 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 02:24:16 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Jay Bee
[Today at 02:05:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Fire Wojo signs in the dorms  (Read 52235 times)

Markusquette

• All American
Re: Fire Wojo signs in the dorms
« Reply #300 on: January 28, 2020, 10:07:48 AM »
Since there has been a discussion about coaches making obvious and bad mistakes.  At the end of the 1st half of the Iowa Madison game, Iowa had fouls to give and were intentionally fouling to force Madison into working with a shorter clock.  Except they fouled one too many times and gave Trice a 1-and-1, where he hit both.  Whether it was Fran or the player that didn't know the situation, it's an equally unforgiving mistake, and yet since Iowa won, its largely forgotten about.  Mistakes similar to this happen frequently and you really only remember the ones that come back to bite you in some heartbreaking way (Dom fouling at the end of regulation against Gtown, etc.).

No that makes him a completely incompetent coach based on this one instance. For real though...because they won it wasn't much of a talking point. MU wins and Wojo's lapse is an afterthought. And the funniest part is the mistake did not cost them the game. There are more concerning issues than that to gripe about.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #301 on: January 28, 2020, 10:33:08 AM »
No that makes him a completely incompetent coach based on this one instance. For real though...because they won it wasn't much of a talking point. MU wins and Wojo's lapse is an afterthought. And the funniest part is the mistake did not cost them the game. There are more concerning issues than that to gripe about.

Well if you want to play the what if game …

What if McKwen doesn't make the incredible 3 at the end of regulation? Then you could argue that Wojo's lapse did cost them the game.

f/k/a humanlung

• All American
« Reply #302 on: January 28, 2020, 03:05:59 PM »
Either you have a really crappy DVR or you don't know how to use it, which makes me question your take even more.

You have been on the fence about the play but thought he got hit. A new piece of sketchy evidence shows up and suddenly you're sure he didn't get hit.
Another reason I question your take.

Learn how to use your DVRs slow motion function and zoom if it has it.

Can we call in someone who works at Best Buy for confirmation?

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #303 on: January 28, 2020, 03:30:11 PM »

What if McKwen doesn't make the incredible 3 at the end of regulation? Then you could argue that Wojo's lapse did cost them the game.

You could...you could also say our 68.8% FT shooting which is below our season average, several missed layups, and on and on. 
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #304 on: January 28, 2020, 03:32:09 PM »
You could...you could also say our 68.8% FT shooting which is below our season average, several missed layups, and on and on.
Right, so dont play the what if game, that's my point, as Rome would say, scoreboard.

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #305 on: January 28, 2020, 03:38:19 PM »

Come on, admit it........

That call was the most significant event in all of recorded history. Quit minimizing.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #306 on: January 28, 2020, 03:43:52 PM »
Since there has been a discussion about coaches making obvious and bad mistakes.  At the end of the 1st half of the Iowa Madison game, Iowa had fouls to give and were intentionally fouling to force Madison into working with a shorter clock.  Except they fouled one too many times and gave Trice a 1-and-1, where he hit both.  Whether it was Fran or the player that didn't know the situation, it's an equally unforgiving mistake, and yet since Iowa won, its largely forgotten about.  Mistakes similar to this happen frequently and you really only remember the ones that come back to bite you in some heartbreaking way (Dom fouling at the end of regulation against Gtown, etc.).

Lavall Jordan got T'd up going into halftime of the game....if Markus hits both of the FTs to start the 2nd half, MU wins the game.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #307 on: January 28, 2020, 03:45:36 PM »
Lavall Jordan got T'd up going into halftime of the game....if Markus hits both of the FTs to start the 2nd half, MU wins the game.

That's hilarious.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #308 on: January 28, 2020, 03:47:38 PM »

First of all, it's McEwen (K and E aren't even close to each other on the keyboard). Second of all, the Koby 3 was MU's second crack at taking the lead. After Baldwin missed the second of his free throws due to the intentional foul MU had the ball down one with 16 seconds on the clock.....if Markus doesn't go all Leeroy Jenkins on that play maybe MU gets the lead and wins the game.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #309 on: January 28, 2020, 04:07:30 PM »
First of all, it's McEwen (K and E aren't even close to each other on the keyboard). Second of all, the Koby 3 was MU's second crack at taking the lead. After Baldwin missed the second of his free throws due to the intentional foul MU had the ball down one with 16 seconds on the clock.....if Markus doesn't go all Leeroy Jenkins on that play maybe MU gets the lead and wins the game.

I actually thought that decision by Markus was the worst one of the game by any player or coach.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #310 on: January 28, 2020, 04:08:47 PM »
So sorry mu30egn, must be my dyslexia flaring up.

You are missing the point. I'm not blaming the wojo screw up for anything. It's a fools game to play what if.  it didnt happen so why use it as an arguement.

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #311 on: January 28, 2020, 04:17:15 PM »
So sorry mu30egn, must be my dyslexia flaring up.

You are missing the point. I'm not blaming the wojo screw up for anything. It's a fools game to play what if.  it didnt happen so why use it as an arguement.

Yep, just like its a fools game to go on and on about one dumb call that ultimately had little to no effect on the outcome.

Of course no one has done that so.......

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #312 on: January 28, 2020, 04:21:30 PM »
Yep, just like its a fools game to go on and on about one dumb call that ultimately had little to no effect on the outcome.

Of course no one has done that so.......
Have I? Nope. Mentioned it as a stupid mistake which it was. Hardly went on and on about it, keep your posters straight.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 04:23:55 PM by hairy worthen »

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #313 on: January 28, 2020, 04:27:47 PM »
...if Markus doesn't go all Leeroy Jenkins on that play...

Well played.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #314 on: January 28, 2020, 04:31:39 PM »
Have I? Nope. Mentioned it as a stupid mistake which it was. Hardly went on and on about it, keep your posters straight.

I wasn't referring to you in particular. I was referring to the wave of posts from various scoopers. It was a big picture comment.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #315 on: January 28, 2020, 05:08:06 PM »

Players make costly mistakes all the time. That was a great instance where a player made up for a coaching mistake. None of them are perfect. This instance has been discussed ad nauseam when there are plenty of parallels in regards to making a mistake in a basketball game.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #316 on: January 28, 2020, 07:10:27 PM »
Right, so dont play the what if game, that's my point, as Rome would say, scoreboard.

That includes coaching.  Coaching didn’t prevent FT makes...if we had shot our average, we win the game.  But people want to distill done 40 minutes to one play.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #317 on: February 12, 2020, 07:40:24 PM »
By Renee Row....those students sure are smart

« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 07:43:42 PM by Cheeks »

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #318 on: February 12, 2020, 07:54:00 PM »

I lived in that apartment JR and SR year!
Maigh Eo for Sam

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #319 on: February 12, 2020, 10:04:52 PM »
I was pretty optimistic about Gen Z, but perhaps I need to temper my enthusiasm. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #320 on: February 12, 2020, 10:05:12 PM »
I was pretty optimistic about Gen Z, but perhaps I need to temper my enthusiasm.

+1
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #321 on: February 12, 2020, 10:07:30 PM »

Is it supposed to be Markus shooting or something? If you’re going to criticize Wojo there are probably funnier things you could think of. Maybe it’s not even a dis of Wojo. I don’t get it.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #322 on: February 12, 2020, 10:08:36 PM »
Why?
 (To the first part, not the second)

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #323 on: February 12, 2020, 10:12:50 PM »
Why?
 (To the first part, not the second)

Hah.  Well, I've heard some good things - but probably also more hopeful because they're largely my generation's kids - not those damn Boomer's kids!

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #324 on: February 13, 2020, 07:14:18 AM »
I am not sure why it was necessary to give some assclown student with a can of spray paint 1000x the exposure he would have otherwise had.
Have some patience, FFS.