[Today at 09:52:10 AM]

Where is Marquette? by muwarrior69
[Today at 09:46:37 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by MU Fan in Connecticut
[Today at 09:25:35 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by MarquetteDano
[Today at 09:22:06 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Fire Wojo signs in the dorms  (Read 52291 times)

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
Re: Fire Wojo signs in the dorms
« Reply #275 on: January 27, 2020, 05:00:18 PM »
You could you state - as clearly as possible - who and what that is again?  Pronouns or GTFO

I'm a lifelong Marquette fan and have followed the team for about 45 years.

I have never had another account here under any name.

I AM trying to make a point by posting so much.

If people would actually read my posts they would see that I don't fully endorse Wojo. Next years recruiting class sold me on at least one more year.

I really want Marquette to land Mane.

I really want Marquette to win at least one game in the tournament this year but I don't support canning Wojo if they don't. The risk to next years recruiting class is too great IMHO.

I really hate when people trash the coach and the players in the middle of a tough season, and a tough recruiting battle.

I really, really hate when people single out one or two decisions by Wojo that are either subjective or fairly inconsequential(late game defense on Kamar, the call to foul Kamar) and assign all the blame to Wojo for the loss, while ignoring the fact that Markus was injured in the game, Greg was unavailable, and Symir isn't quite ready for prime time. Some of these same people cited Butlers missing players as a reason the loss was so bad.

I really, really, really hate people who show up after losses and trash Wojo
and the players but become crickets after wins.

Hope that clears things up for anyone still wondering who and what I am.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #276 on: January 27, 2020, 05:11:31 PM »

If people would actually read my posts they would see that I don't fully endorse Wojo. Next years recruiting class sold me on at least one more year.

I really want Marquette to win at least one game in the tournament this year but I don't support canning Wojo if they don't. The risk to next years recruiting class is too great IMHO.

I really hate when people trash the coach and the players in the middle of a tough season, and a tough recruiting battle.

I really, really hate when people single out one or two decisions by Wojo that are either subjective or fairly inconsequential(late game defense on Kamar, the call to foul Kamar) and assign all the blame to Wojo for the loss, while ignoring the fact that Markus was injured in the game, Greg was unavailable, and Symir isn't quite ready for prime time. Some of these same people cited Butlers missing players as a reason the loss was so bad.

Oooo k. So you're cheeks.

Wait, Marcus was injured?

Miss Katie’s

• All American
« Reply #277 on: January 27, 2020, 05:15:41 PM »
It sounds like the pitchforks might be out at UW now. Looks like Kobe King is transferring.

Missing tonight for “personal reasons”.  Sounds familiar...

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #278 on: January 27, 2020, 05:21:36 PM »

Exactly my point.

Thanks for proving it.

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #279 on: January 27, 2020, 05:25:47 PM »

Have to say I am with you on this one.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #280 on: January 27, 2020, 05:28:10 PM »
There was a poster who had to leave after the Nova game.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

war1980rior

• Team Captain
« Reply #281 on: January 27, 2020, 05:34:12 PM »
Have to say I am with you on this one.

Trashing our team bugs me as well.  I missed one game total in 4 yrs, and never left early.  Just love having a team to be behind, even in a "down year."

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #282 on: January 27, 2020, 06:49:39 PM »

Nope.  100% incorrect.  I suggest the following, everyone chip in $100 and he and I will prove it and make a tidy little profit off of it in the process.  I've been in meetings pretty much non-stop all day after leaving home today, some even related to Kobe situation.  I took a short break at lunch to log in and respond for about 5 minutes...that is it.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #283 on: January 27, 2020, 06:54:17 PM »

Pretty sure yur Fr. Dilulio, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #284 on: January 27, 2020, 06:57:58 PM »
Nope.  100% incorrect.  I suggest the following, everyone chip in $100 and he and I will prove it and make a tidy little profit off of it in the process.  I've been in meetings pretty much non-stop all day after leaving home today, some even related to Kobe situation.  I took a short break at lunch to log in and respond for about 5 minutes...that is it.
I'm just poking the bear, and he keeps reacting, just my sick form of entertainment.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #285 on: January 27, 2020, 07:00:22 PM »
hairy
I finding your poking amusing. He loves the attention!!

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #286 on: January 27, 2020, 07:05:50 PM »

LOL absolutely positively one of your most pathetic name drops of all time. Bravo!

Goose

• All American
« Reply #287 on: January 27, 2020, 07:09:19 PM »
Cheeks, and only some Kobe related? You are slipping. I thought you be knee deep in Kobe stuff today.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 07:27:25 PM by Goose »

MDMU04

• All American
« Reply #288 on: January 27, 2020, 07:19:04 PM »
Anyone else think that cheeks and whoajoe must have a furiously pedantic argument over something borderline irrelevant to prove their independent existence?
"They call me eccentric. They used to call me nuts. I haven't changed." - Al McGuire

panda

• All American
« Reply #289 on: January 27, 2020, 07:21:42 PM »
Cheeks, and not some Kobe related? You are slipping. I thought you be knee deep in Kobe stuff today.

What a clown. Who would brag about being in a “Kobe situation.” Congrats ?

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #290 on: January 27, 2020, 07:34:59 PM »
You could you state - as clearly as possible - who and what that is again?  Pronouns or GTFO

So the Cheeks copycat is a Chica...

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #291 on: January 27, 2020, 07:36:53 PM »

They know we're not the same person. They're just so blinded by bias that they can't believe more than one person thinks Wojo has done enough to warrant an extended tenure.

What the team accomplished last year, and what the team is accomplishing this year, despite some formidable challenges, should be enough to convince people that Wojo isn't incompetent. Next years recruiting class should be enough to convince people that he deserves more time.

They claim that they just want high level tournament success, and I want Wojo to be the one to deliver it for so many reasons. Some of the reasons are petty, some are selfish, but the one reason I really want Wojo to deliver a successful NCAA tournament, is so maybe the NoJos will have at least one happy moment in their obviously miserable lives.

Something tells me they really need a win.

Bad_Reporter

• All American
« Reply #292 on: January 27, 2020, 07:55:35 PM »
There was a poster who had to leave after the Nova game.

Still here Wades, just lurking since I can’t post.  Miss you

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #293 on: January 27, 2020, 08:09:24 PM »
So the Cheeks copycat is a Chica...

First off, Cheeks couldn't hold a candle to the level of passive aggressive snark I'm capable of delivering.

Second, 100% Hetero male here. I didn't quite get what Rocky meant by his pronoun comment. It made no sense to me. What does using pronouns prove?? If a person was trying to hide who they really are they could say whatever they want. I'm not trying to hide who I am at all beyond not giving some idiot my personal information.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #294 on: January 27, 2020, 09:46:05 PM »
Please...

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #295 on: January 27, 2020, 09:50:05 PM »
related to Kobe situation

Man, you'd think the sumbitch was Mother Teresa II.

Death on call

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #296 on: January 27, 2020, 09:50:51 PM »

Again, the irony is so rich.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #297 on: January 28, 2020, 05:04:14 AM »
Again, the irony is so rich.

If you like that, go read the posts about Harbaugh in the "expectations" superbar thread

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #298 on: January 28, 2020, 09:03:56 AM »

Operational in nature only.  At the time we weren’t sure if NBA was post poning game tonight, had to have systems prepared in event they did.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #299 on: January 28, 2020, 10:01:33 AM »
Since there has been a discussion about coaches making obvious and bad mistakes.  At the end of the 1st half of the Iowa Madison game, Iowa had fouls to give and were intentionally fouling to force Madison into working with a shorter clock.  Except they fouled one too many times and gave Trice a 1-and-1, where he hit both.  Whether it was Fran or the player that didn't know the situation, it's an equally unforgiving mistake, and yet since Iowa won, its largely forgotten about.  Mistakes similar to this happen frequently and you really only remember the ones that come back to bite you in some heartbreaking way (Dom fouling at the end of regulation against Gtown, etc.).

feedback