[Today at 01:04:10 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Uncle Rico
[Today at 01:03:27 PM]

Tyler Kolek's "legacy" by Newsdreams
[Today at 12:37:27 PM]

NC State by Sturgeon General Warrior
[Today at 12:34:46 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Fire Wojo signs in the dorms  (Read 52230 times)

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
Re: Fire Wojo signs in the dorms
« Reply #250 on: January 27, 2020, 12:55:13 PM »
Kamar made unguarded 12-15 foot pullup jumpers over and over again because we were sending Theo straight to the rim on P&R defense. Once he does it for the third consecutive time, call T.O. and switch up the D to make sure he can't get that shot again. Didn't happen and we let a guy in the zone get to his spot over & over again. That was far more egregious than not knowing the score coming out of a time out (which, to be clear, was egregious).

Conveniently you forgot to mention Markus getting hurt

Kamar didn't shoot 12-15 footers exclusively. He made some hard drives and made a few tough shots off the glass. Wojo trusted his players to defend within the scheme and Kamar was simply better. Kamar was settling for two point shots and some coaches are willing to live with that. No one knows what would have happened if Wojo had made some unspecified adjustment.

The real point is.....some people are focusing exclusively on the foul call and the defense on Baldwin and ignoring the fact that Markus was banged up.

Carry on though.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #251 on: January 27, 2020, 12:57:59 PM »
for recruiting, yes. For coaching, is he?

While Deane did inherit players from KO (and a team that graduated three major contributors) he still coached them to four straight post-season appearances and one conference tourney title.

As a whole, yes. After 6 years we're improving under Wojo. Deane drove the program lower over time.

Strictly X's and O's? Deane was better. But Wojo is better for Marquette than Deane was.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #252 on: January 27, 2020, 01:03:05 PM »
LOL now you're debating the merits of youtube vs. DVR? this has to be a joke/troll account
My guesses:
a. WhoaJoe= Cheeks
b. WhoaJoe= A bored Tower
c. WhoaJoe= Keefe playing another brilliant prank
d. WhoaJoe= Benny B see above
e. WhoaJoe= just another obsessed scooper (wouldn't be a big surprise)

My best guess right now would be Keefe just because of how ridiculous over the top the posts are. Very entertaining like watching sharknado just to make fun of it.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #253 on: January 27, 2020, 01:05:05 PM »
I think it's (c).

keefe appeared in regular keefe form recently, so I don't think it's a coincidence.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #254 on: January 27, 2020, 01:06:20 PM »
I have youtube TV, it's a pretty low level DVR. I wasn't on the fence, I was certain he got hit. From earlier this thread:

I watched it a few times in real time and that's what I saw. I got the opportunity to see it in slow motion and realized I made a mistake.

And I never said he didn't get hit. I said he didn't get elbowed in the head.

So now he did get hit in the head??

Getting clipped by an elbow is a very quick event. It needed to be reviewed during the game. For some reason the refs chose not to do so.

Eff the refs and Baddley.

My main point is that Markus got hurt and nobody seems to think that was a major factor in the outcome of the game. A fairly meaningless foul, and armchair coaching about how Wojo should have defended Kamar, is all some people want to focus on.

It stinks of bias and an agenda.

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #255 on: January 27, 2020, 01:07:58 PM »
My guesses:
a. WhoaJoe= Cheeks

My best guess right now would be Keefe just because of how ridiculous over the top the posts are. Very entertaining like watching sharknado just to make fun of it.

Pots and kettles make great echo chambers.

MDMU04

• All American
« Reply #256 on: January 27, 2020, 01:12:06 PM »
Talk about confirmation bias.

You changed your mind based on a YouTube video when others have reviewed it on DVR??

Okaaaay

This is a bit, right? It has to be. Please tell me this is a put-on.

Let’s review how we got here:
You’re using your time beyond whatever slapdick nonsense we all engage in here on scoop to sit down and slow-mo zoom DVR footage to win an internet argument.

Then because that investment of time didn’t work to your satisfaction, you’re starting another internet argument about the merits of one video replay service against another.

If this isn’t a bit, you really need a hobby.
"They call me eccentric. They used to call me nuts. I haven't changed." - Al McGuire

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #257 on: January 27, 2020, 01:21:11 PM »
This is a bit, right? It has to be. Please tell me this is a put-on.

Let’s review how we got here:
You’re using your time beyond whatever slapdick nonsense we all engage in here on scoop to sit down and slow-mo zoom DVR footage to win an internet argument.

Then because that investment of time didn’t work to your satisfaction, you’re starting another internet argument about the merits of one video replay service against another.

If this isn’t a bit, you really need a hobby.

It's all part of the same argument.....

You get that, right???

If you've read enough of my posts you would know that my "bit" is to be a constant counter to the other posters who have their own routine(agenda).

My bit, however, doesn't involve trashing the coach or players in the middle of a very competitive season, and an important recruiting battle.

I guess everyone has their own sense of humor.

MDMU04

• All American
« Reply #258 on: January 27, 2020, 01:32:47 PM »
It's all part of the same argument.....

You get that, right???

If you've read enough of my posts you would know that my "bit" is to be a constant counter to the other posters who have their own routine(agenda).

My bit, however, doesn't involve trashing the coach or players in the middle of a very competitive season, and an important recruiting battle.

I guess everyone has their own sense of humor.

Thank you for your service.
"They call me eccentric. They used to call me nuts. I haven't changed." - Al McGuire

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #259 on: January 27, 2020, 01:38:27 PM »
I think it's (c).

keefe appeared in regular keefe form recently, so I don't think it's a coincidence.

C was also my guess as well.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #260 on: January 27, 2020, 01:41:27 PM »
Thank you for your service.

It's not a "service" it's a "bit".

Don't you think it's funny??

I think the other posters routine(agenda) is hilarious.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #261 on: January 27, 2020, 01:49:38 PM »
It's not a "service" it's a "bit".

Don't you think it's funny??

I think the other posters routine(agenda) is hilarious.

Explaining your stance based on actual events and/or stats isn't an agenda. And that goes both ways on the Wojo debate.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #262 on: January 27, 2020, 01:50:17 PM »
Kamar made unguarded 12-15 foot pullup jumpers over and over again because we were sending Theo straight to the rim on P&R defense. Once he does it for the third consecutive time, call T.O. and switch up the D to make sure he can't get that shot again. Didn't happen and we let a guy in the zone get to his spot over & over again. That was far more egregious than not knowing the score coming out of a time out (which, to be clear, was egregious).

I get your point about letting him get to his spot over and over again and for that MU failed defensively. But only 2 shots could be categorized as “unguarded”.  Many were well guarded and he just made great shots.  Now, could we have switched to zone or double teamed him?  Sure.  Could and probably should have done something different.

It was a great game.  A well played game where our super star wasn't at his best and we still should/could have won.  There will be more to come and the team will come out on the right side of many of them.   We do not have to draw lines in the sand now.  The end of the season is coming rapidly.  Much better to judge the entire body of work.  A couple tournament wins along with 3 tourney appearances in the last six years and a great recruiting class puts a different light on the season and Wojo. 

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #263 on: January 27, 2020, 02:01:59 PM »
Explaining your stance based on actual events and/or stats isn't an agenda. And that goes both ways on the Wojo debate.

Wow, I totally agree.

Maybe explain that to those who only point out Wojos perceived mistakes as the reasons for a loss and ignore all other factors.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #264 on: January 27, 2020, 02:29:59 PM »
My guesses:
a. WhoaJoe= Cheeks

f. Total loser regardless of whether he’s a. through e.
No Finish Line

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #265 on: January 27, 2020, 02:38:32 PM »
C was also my guess as well.

It ain't Keefe, Keefe knows who I am and WhoaJoe does not
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #266 on: January 27, 2020, 02:41:55 PM »
I get your point about letting him get to his spot over and over again and for that MU failed defensively. But only 2 shots could be categorized as “unguarded”.  Many were well guarded and he just made great shots.  Now, could we have switched to zone or double teamed him?  Sure.  Could and probably should have done something different.

It was a great game.  A well played game where our super star wasn't at his best and we still should/could have won.  There will be more to come and the team will come out on the right side of many of them.   We do not have to draw lines in the sand now.  The end of the season is coming rapidly.  Much better to judge the entire body of work.  A couple tournament wins along with 3 tourney appearances in the last six years and a great recruiting class puts a different light on the season and Wojo.

I'm not trying to "draw a line in the sand"! I'm trying not to bury my head in the sand. There were several glaring coaching blunders down the stretch of what should have been a huge win. I certainly hope the staff is hyper analyzing what went wrong so it never happens again rather than excuse it all away. Experience is a great teacher and this is one of those moments that has to be seared in his brain.

Zapruder film DVR vs. youtube analysis trying to pin it all on a mysterious injury is definitely burying one's head in the sand.

I don't want Wojo fired! I want this to eat him alive, drive him to an unprecedented level of focus and motivation, and have him prep our guys for an amazing finish down the stretch. Hopefully he sees those signs in the dorm windows and heeds them as a call to be better. If he truly wants to be here for the long haul, and he's as competitive as I've heard, he will no doubt respond in kind. His table is set. Time to eat.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #267 on: January 27, 2020, 03:47:22 PM »
I want this to eat him alive, drive him to an unprecedented level of focus and motivation, and have him prep our guys for an amazing finish down the stretch. Hopefully he sees those signs in the dorm windows and heeds them as a call to be better. If he truly wants to be here for the long haul, and he's as competitive as I've heard, he will no doubt respond in kind. His table is set. Time to eat.

Hopefully this is true of the entire team. If you think a loss like this hurts as a fan, it hits players even harder. They've spent their entire lives to get to this level. They're the ones who devote 40-45 hours a week to practices, weight training, scrimmages, travel and games -- on top of their class workload. For Markus, Sacar and Jayce, the next two months represent their last chance to establish their college legacy. Let's see how they rise to the challenge.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #268 on: January 27, 2020, 03:56:50 PM »
It ain't Keefe, Keefe knows who I am and WhoaJoe does not

I don't know why people just can't accept that I am exactly who and what I say I am.

I don't suffer fools or liars.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #269 on: January 27, 2020, 04:01:22 PM »
I think it's (c).

Not Keefe or Chicos.

Look at the date that he joined. Can you think of anyone really special who was on campus that day?

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #270 on: January 27, 2020, 04:02:54 PM »
I don't know why people just can't accept that I am exactly who and what I say I am.

You could you state - as clearly as possible - who and what that is again?  Pronouns or GTFO

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #271 on: January 27, 2020, 04:15:08 PM »
Not Keefe or Chicos.

Look at the date that he joined. Can you think of anyone really special who was on campus that day?

Marquette v Nova.

Mane? Or a Mane family member?

mubb3434

• Team Captain
« Reply #272 on: January 27, 2020, 04:18:45 PM »
It sounds like the pitchforks might be out at UW now. Looks like Kobe King is transferring.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #273 on: January 27, 2020, 04:25:00 PM »
Just keep in mind, this was a Butler team playing without the best defender in the Big East and also their 2nd best defender. And MU lost the game...

Hmm, and here I thought we were playing on the road without Greg Elliott and Ed Morrow...2 guys we had on the team playing only a few weeks ago.

Oh, that’s right...missing players only count when one team not named MU are impacted...my bad.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #274 on: January 27, 2020, 04:40:34 PM »
I think it's (c).

Nope
don't...don't don't don't don't

feedback