Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Fire Wojo signs in the dorms  (Read 52257 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: Fire Wojo signs in the dorms
« Reply #225 on: January 27, 2020, 10:21:27 AM »
Well, its 2020. So I absolutely don't need to talk to anyone with a DVR. I can just see it myself at anytime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BOvh9yaDE0 (4:32)

Slow it down to .25 to see very clearly that...

1. It wasnt intentional at all, your dumb. 
2. You can clearly see Baddley's right elbow the entire time he is in the air.
3. The elbow never goes off screen, meaning it never made contact with Markus.
4. Markus' head is clearly past Baddley's right side, for contact with a right elbow baddley had to have swung it inwards, he didn't.
5. Markus' never recoils from a blow to the face one would do if an elbow hit him at full speed.
6. In fact he doesn't show any sign of being hit until he makes contact with the chair. Where he recoils instantly.
7. At most he may have got him with groin or knee that sent him flying

I honestly didn't know you could slow down youtube videos like that, thanks for that. Watching it in slow motion, I agree you are correct. There was no elbow, I was wrong.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #226 on: January 27, 2020, 10:23:08 AM »
I know what I saw and others have also.

Do you think I would listen to somebody who thinks that a coach drawing a technical with over 15 minutes left in the game and a decent lead would have severely hurt Marquettes chances of winning???

You lost all credibility right there.

Honestly, who is paying you to spin all day every day? Or do you sincerely think you'll get a nice pat on the head for your job posting in the trenches?

lurch91

• All American
« Reply #227 on: January 27, 2020, 10:59:26 AM »
I remember when students held up something similar during the Dukiet years. They were right.

Good for the students not settling for mediocrity. Alums could learn something from them.

The Dukiet years were a trainwreck; players showing up for practice and being locked out of the gym because no coaches showed, old uniforms so bad and worn that we had to wear our away jerseys for a home game (yes, that happened. Dukiet failed to order new uniforms for the start of the season).

Comparing Dukiet and Wojo isn't fair, Dukiet was on another level of incompetence.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #228 on: January 27, 2020, 11:00:54 AM »
The Dukiet years were a trainwreck; players showing up for practice and being locked out of the gym because no coaches showed, old uniforms so bad and worn that we had to wear our away jerseys for a home game (yes, that happened. Dukiet failed to order new uniforms for the start of the season).

Comparing Dukiet and Wojo isn't fair, Dukiet was on another level of incompetence.

And he's better overall than Deane too, despite the tournament wins.

It's fair to say he hasn't been as good as KO, Buzz and TC.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #229 on: January 27, 2020, 11:06:23 AM »
I honestly didn't know you could slow down youtube videos like that, thanks for that. Watching it in slow motion, I agree you are correct. There was no elbow, I was wrong.

honestly its the first time I've ever used the feature. I know a few guys here use the 1.5x speed for some videos.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #230 on: January 27, 2020, 11:20:28 AM »
I know what I saw and others have reviewed it on dvr and observed the same thing.

Do you think I would listen to somebody who thinks that a coach drawing a technical with over 15 minutes left in the game and a decent lead would have severely hurt Marquettes chances of winning???

You lost all credibility right there.

Okay, you are hopeless. LOL

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #231 on: January 27, 2020, 11:21:54 AM »
Honestly, who is paying you to spin all day every day? Or do you sincerely think you'll get a nice pat on the head for your job posting in the trenches?

I'm not spinning anything.
I'm trying to provide a counterpoint to the endless number of fatalistic posters.
You know, the ones who focus more on one fairly meaningless play than on Markus getting hurt.

Why are you posting??

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #232 on: January 27, 2020, 11:23:52 AM »
I'm trying to provide a counterpoint to the endless number of fatalistic posters.
You know, the ones who focus more on one fairly meaningless play than on Markus getting hurt.

Why are you posting??

You have 600 posts in under a month. Either this is Chico's most unhinged split personality or benny B's best troll yet.

Either way you've offically been put on ignore.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #233 on: January 27, 2020, 11:32:37 AM »

Why are you posting??

You're focused on straw manning one play (which Wojo admitted he effed up) and ignoring the fact that we got beat like a rented mule on the exact same P&R play with zero defensive adjustment while trying to blame it all on a Markus injury conspiracy.

Now That's What I Call Spin

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #234 on: January 27, 2020, 11:43:15 AM »

Talk about confirmation bias.

You changed your mind based on a YouTube video when others have reviewed it on DVR??

Okaaaay

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #235 on: January 27, 2020, 11:58:42 AM »
The booing and the signs are probably the results of immature kids who are overreacting to one thing or another. But it does show that some of the most important fans to the future of MU basketball are unhappy. They're probably not worth listening to right now, but as the old saying goes, where there's smoke, there's fire.

MU basketball got back on the map in a big way with Wade, and then the program continued to be prominent in the national college basketball scene. We moved into the best conference ever assembled, competed well in that conference, put guys into the NBA regularly, won some big games in March, and were ranked more often than not for several years.

The step back to rebuild the program has required patience. For some, this was frustrating from Day 1. For others, the patience is now running out. Individual mistakes/losses are not the culprit for this waning patience. It's the cumulative plateau, the feeling that this is the best we'll get. Until that perception can be changed, I would expect the grumblings to continue, regardless of how entitled that may feel to some.

So at face value, the signs in the dorms don't mean much. But they do probably represent a growing trend.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #236 on: January 27, 2020, 12:05:07 PM »

You changed your mind based on a YouTube video when others have reviewed it on DVR??

Okaaaay

LOL now you're debating the merits of youtube vs. DVR? this has to be a joke/troll account

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #237 on: January 27, 2020, 12:09:44 PM »
LOL now you're debating the merits of youtube vs. DVR? this has to be a joke/troll account

You do know that DVRs have zoom functions and the resolution is far better than a YouTube video right??

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #238 on: January 27, 2020, 12:11:48 PM »
You do know that DVRs have zoom functions and the resolution is far better than a YouTube video right??

LOL!

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #239 on: January 27, 2020, 12:18:59 PM »

Okaaaay

I have it on DVR. The video on youtube is the same as the one I have on DVR. I can't play my DVR in slow motion, I can play the youtube video in slow motion. After seeing it in slow motion, I realized I was wrong. Given that I had been saying that Markus was elbowed for two days straight, confirmation bias would look like me digging in and insisting that there was an elbow when there wasn't.
TAMU

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #240 on: January 27, 2020, 12:24:57 PM »
I didn't see any dirty play on Butler's end. But I saw a play and injury that probably affected Markus' ability to perform well enough to help MU when it counted most.

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #241 on: January 27, 2020, 12:27:21 PM »
You're focused on straw manning one play (which Wojo admitted he effed up) and ignoring the fact that we got beat like a rented mule on the exact same P&R play with zero defensive adjustment while trying to blame it all on a Markus injury conspiracy.

Now That's What I Call Spin

Kanar made a bunch of tough shots.

If he shoots a normal percentage we're not even having this conversation.

Markus has done the same thing to other teams and I'm sure some genius fan had all the answers on how the other teams coach should have stopped him.

I'm also not straw manning one play. I've tried to offer several reasons why Wojos foul call and the defense on Kamar were not the major causes for the loss.

Others have casually dismissed Markus being hurt as a major reason Marquette lost. Then they complain that I'm placing too much emphasis on it. All the while I've been readimg endless comments about Wojos foul call. Give me a break!!

I guess it's hard to see anything but your point of view from the inside of your pot.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #242 on: January 27, 2020, 12:38:14 PM »
Kanar made a bunch of tough shots.

If he shoots a normal percentage we're not even having this conversation.

Markus has done the same thing to other teams and I'm sure some genius fan had all the answers on how the other teams coach should have stopped him.

I'm also not straw manning one play. I've tried to offer several reasons why Wojos foul call and the defense on Kamar were not the major causes for the loss.

Others have casually dismissed Markus being hurt as a major reason Marquette lost. Then they complain that I'm placing too much emphasis on it. All the while I've been readimg endless comments about Wojos foul call. Give me a break!!

I guess it's hard to see anything but your point of view from the inside of your pot.

Kamar made unguarded 12-15 foot pullup jumpers over and over again because we were sending Theo straight to the rim on P&R defense. Once he does it for the third consecutive time, call T.O. and switch up the D to make sure he can't get that shot again. Didn't happen and we let a guy in the zone get to his spot over & over again. That was far more egregious than not knowing the score coming out of a time out (which, to be clear, was egregious).

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #243 on: January 27, 2020, 12:42:33 PM »
Not sure why we did not defend the pick and roll like Butler did. Hopefully, it was a teaching moment for the coaching staff.

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #244 on: January 27, 2020, 12:42:43 PM »
I have it on DVR. The video on youtube is the same as the one I have on DVR. I can't play my DVR in slow motion, I can play the youtube video in slow motion. After seeing it in slow motion, I realized I was wrong. Given that I had been saying that Markus was elbowed for two days straight, confirmation bias would look like me digging in and insisting that there was an elbow when there wasn't.

Either you have a really crappy DVR or you don't know how to use it, which makes me question your take even more.

You have been on the fence about the play but thought he got hit. A new piece of sketchy evidence shows up and suddenly you're sure he didn't get hit.
Another reason I question your take.

Learn how to use your DVRs slow motion function and zoom if it has it.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #245 on: January 27, 2020, 12:45:15 PM »
Was it the main reason we lost? No.

Was it concerning that our coach didn’t know the score in a tie game with 20 seconds left one possession after a timeout? Heck yes.

Would this be as big of a deal if in the Wojo tenure we’ve had some NCAAT success and/or in the mix for a conference championship more than 1 time in 6 years? I don’t think so.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #246 on: January 27, 2020, 12:48:05 PM »
Either you have a really crappy DVR or you don't know how to use it, which makes me question your take even more.

You have been on the fence about the play but thought he got hit. A new piece of sketchy evidence shows up and suddenly you're sure he didn't get hit.

I gotta admit, we have had a lot of the same people make the same arguments about the same topics repeatedly, but this guy is breaking some new ground here.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

panda

• All American
« Reply #247 on: January 27, 2020, 12:48:33 PM »

I gotta admit, we have had a lot of the same people make the same arguments about the same topics repeatedly, but this guy is breaking some new ground here.

This screams Cheeks

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #248 on: January 27, 2020, 12:50:24 PM »

I have youtube TV, it's a pretty low level DVR. I wasn't on the fence, I was certain he got hit. From earlier this thread:

He did get elbowed by Baddley. That is a fact.

I watched it a few times in real time and that's what I saw. I got the opportunity to see it in slow motion and realized I made a mistake.

And I never said he didn't get hit. I said he didn't get elbowed in the head.
TAMU

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #249 on: January 27, 2020, 12:55:06 PM »
And he's better overall than Deane too, despite the tournament wins.

It's fair to say he hasn't been as good as KO, Buzz and TC.

for recruiting, yes. For coaching, is he?

While Deane did inherit players from KO (and a team that graduated three major contributors) he still coached them to four straight post-season appearances and one conference tourney title.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

feedback