Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Fire Wojo signs in the dorms  (Read 52218 times)

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
Re: Fire Wojo signs in the dorms
« Reply #125 on: January 26, 2020, 11:11:45 AM »
After the bid that will almost certainly come this year, Wojo for the most part has done all of that outside of NCAA wins. Obviously that’s the most important part, but how about we see how this tournament goes before we declare 0-2 means he’s unable to win games in March as a head coach.

Winning a game vs. one of the worst fields in NCAA history is going to give Wojo his free pass?

Again....more low expectations.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #126 on: January 26, 2020, 11:41:38 AM »
This is flat out embarrassing for our fans and program. What good does it do to boo Wojo or put up “Fire Wojo” signs on campus? The Administration doesn’t care about your opinion. If anything, this will make our program look bad to everyone, including future recruits. Just plain stupidity.

This student sign and any booing at games is disheartening. I'm not getting into the eternal back and forth but I think Wojo is the best coach out there for our program. The best. I'm satisfied with the results and trajectory of the program as well as the image. He is the most likely to build the program and stay long term. Stupid stunts like this make me shake my head.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #127 on: January 26, 2020, 11:46:06 AM »
25th.

25th out of 347.

After losing two solid contributors last year. After all the Scoopers saying “season is over!” “Hausers are gone! We are gonna suck!”  “This coach sucks”.

We are 25th. Out of 347.

Y’all can keep whining. And keep posting in your negative threads. But I’m proud of the guys giving their all. 25th. Out of 347. And well in the NCAA tourney if season ended today.

Half of you In this thread only post when we lose.

And almost all the students and a lot of scoopers think we suck unless we are on ESPN with a number by our name.

The butler loss stings. But we were expected to lose it. SHOULD HAVE WON but we didn’t.  i hate it too. But firing the coach who is actually doing pretty well. Not a smart idea.

Also. Who would you want to get? Half the people here wanted Cuonzo, Howland, or Shaka. How’s that working out for them so far?

25th today. Out of 347. After a lot of people said the season was over cause we lost the hausers. Wusses.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #128 on: January 26, 2020, 11:49:09 AM »
Winning a game vs. one of the worst fields in NCAA history is going to give Wojo his free pass?

Nothing he does will change your mind. Your opinion is completely irrelevant to me. In fact, have no idea why I haven’t blocked you yet.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #129 on: January 26, 2020, 12:00:49 PM »
Okay, well then he owes the fans and players one then. What I mean is, now they have to go out and win one because of a GREAT Coaching adjustment he makes in game(for longer than one possession). Wouldn't that be something??
This is the very definition of entitled.  And it’s utter nonsense.

Get it through your head that he doesn’t owe you, or any other fan, anything.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #130 on: January 26, 2020, 12:02:50 PM »
25th.

25th out of 347.

After losing two solid contributors last year. After all the Scoopers saying “season is over!” “Hausers are gone! We are gonna suck!”  “This coach sucks”.

We are 25th. Out of 347.

Y’all can keep whining. And keep posting in your negative threads. But I’m proud of the guys giving their all. 25th. Out of 347. And well in the NCAA tourney if season ended today.

And almost all the students and a lot of scoopers think we suck unless we are on ESPN with a number by our name.

The butler loss stings. But we were expected to lose it. SHOULD HAVE WON but we didn’t.  i hate it too. But firing the coach who is actually doing pretty well. Not a smart idea.

Also. Who would you want to get? Half the people here wanted Cuonzo, Howland, or Shaka. How’s that working out for them so far?

25th today. Out of 347. After a lot of people said the season was over cause we lost the hausers. Wusses.

Exactly. People are acting like we are sub-100. People are asking if it’s too much to ask to be competitive in the BE. How is “competing in the BE” being defined? We finished in 2nd, 1 game behind first last year. I’d consider that competing, but apparently some don’t.

If you want/expect a second weekend NCAA team every year, you’re not going to get that. We’ve been to the second weekend 5 times in the last 41 seasons. That’s 1 every 8 years. You should’ve jumped off a long time ago if you expect that to be a normal occurrence.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #131 on: January 26, 2020, 12:09:53 PM »

Be honest, what school do you really cheer for?  What Uw extension did you attend?
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #132 on: January 26, 2020, 12:11:23 PM »

So first it's he hasn't won in March then it'd be Wojo only wins the easy March games? Honestly just admit you won't be happy till Wojo is out.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #133 on: January 26, 2020, 12:11:31 PM »
25th.

25th out of 347.

We are 25th. Out of 347.

Not to nitpick, but 353 schools.....25th out of 353.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #134 on: January 26, 2020, 12:12:15 PM »
This is the very definition of entitled.  And it’s utter nonsense.

Get it through your head that he doesn’t owe you, or any other fan, anything.

BINGO

Goose

• All American
« Reply #135 on: January 26, 2020, 12:14:05 PM »
fjm

Do you think we are the 25th best team in the country? I understand this a whacky college ball season, but there are a lot more than 24 teams that we would have a “loss penciled in” and touting a close loss.

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #136 on: January 26, 2020, 12:19:29 PM »
I love having the IGNORE feature ! ! !  It really makes short/quick reading on these threads ! ! !   Don't have to read all the total BS... I know some of you do the Quote/Copy paste, but I can still IGNORE them ! ! !   8-)

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #137 on: January 26, 2020, 12:24:04 PM »
I love having the IGNORE feature ! ! !  It really makes short/quick reading on these threads ! ! !   Don't have to read all the total BS... I know some of you do the Quote/Copy paste, but I can still IGNORE them ! ! !   8-)

Cancel Culture At Its Finest

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #139 on: January 26, 2020, 12:25:59 PM »
fjm

Do you think we are the 25th best team in the country? I understand this a whacky college ball season, but there are a lot more than 24 teams that we would have a “loss penciled in” and touting a close loss.

Yes, I do.  Name 24 better in this season.  There is a reason why so many ratings programs put us where they do, because they aren’t clouded with expectations, bias or on,y focus on the last 24 hours.  They view it in totality.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #140 on: January 26, 2020, 12:27:01 PM »
Cheeks

You are the best!!

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #141 on: January 26, 2020, 12:28:18 PM »

Only problem with totally ignoring is that the nonsense goes totally unchallenged when a lot of it needs challenging.

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #142 on: January 26, 2020, 12:35:34 PM »
Nah, they aren't worth it ! ! !  The ones I have on IGNORE are the idiots who only come around after losses and have the answer for EVERYTHING.  I can discuss and view the more rational discussions and comments as I wish ! ! !   8-)

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #143 on: January 26, 2020, 12:37:53 PM »
Cheeks

You are the best!!

Thanks....can you name 24 better?

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #144 on: January 26, 2020, 12:49:40 PM »
Exactly. People are acting like we are sub-100. People are asking if it’s too much to ask to be competitive in the BE. How is “competing in the BE” being defined? We finished in 2nd, 1 game behind first last year. I’d consider that competing, but apparently some don’t.

If you want/expect a second weekend NCAA team every year, you’re not going to get that. We’ve been to the second weekend 5 times in the last 41 seasons. That’s 1 every 8 years. You should’ve jumped off a long time ago if you expect that to be a normal occurrence.

Wades - I agree that some of the angst is overblown right now.  We are doing pretty well considering the loss of the Hausers.  The team is fun to watch.  They play hard.  But, the bolded is a stretch.  I could just as easily pose the question:  How many of those 2nd weekend appearances happened in the 5 years prior to Wojo taking over the "empty cupboard" program?

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #145 on: January 26, 2020, 12:52:20 PM »
https://twitter.com/MUCoachJohnson/status/1221280886018248704?s=20

Stan’s tweets are nothing but a bunch of “inspirational” gobbledygook.  I’ll try my hand at writing one now:

“Improvement doesn’t come from the outside.  Look yourself in the mirror, work hard every day, and don’t let others tell you what you can’t do.  When you want it bad enough, anything is possible.”

It’s easy to sound deep when you’re not saying anything specific.  Which, come to think of it, *also* sounds like a Stan tweet! 

Goose

• All American
« Reply #146 on: January 26, 2020, 12:56:25 PM »
Cheeks

At the moment, five alone in our conference, based off your thinking. Does that number go higher over the next seven days?

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #147 on: January 26, 2020, 12:57:06 PM »
Stan’s tweets are nothing but a bunch of “inspirational” gobbledygook.  I’ll try my hand at writing one now:

“Improvement doesn’t come from the outside.  Look yourself in the mirror, work hard every day, and don’t let others tell you what you can’t do.  When you want it bad enough, anything is possible.”

It’s easy to sound deep when you’re not saying anything specific.  Which, come to think of it, *also* sounds like a Stan tweet!

To each their own, I like that he is calling out people which he clearly is.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #148 on: January 26, 2020, 12:59:59 PM »
Cheeks

At the moment, five alone in our conference, based off your thinking. Does that number go higher over the next seven days?

In our own conference we haven’t played everyone, let alone home and away.  Incomplete schedule.  We lost to Creighton....I’ll bet you we beat them at home...same for Butler.  Just two examples.

It will ultimately matter at the end of the year when the balanced schedule is completed....right? 

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #149 on: January 26, 2020, 01:01:26 PM »

Anyone else catch Stan’s look of total bewilderment after Bailey fouled? It was a priceless expression and said it all.