[Today at 01:20:04 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Uncle Rico
[Today at 01:03:27 PM]

Tyler Kolek's "legacy" by Newsdreams
[Today at 12:37:27 PM]

NC State by Sturgeon General Warrior
[Today at 12:34:46 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Fire Wojo signs in the dorms  (Read 52231 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Re: Fire Wojo signs in the dorms
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2020, 07:22:16 PM »
Would fans be happy with Mick Cronin? Because that’s who UCLA ended up with, and they’re head and shoulders the better program.

Not fair...when ya got 80 degrees every day and half nekid California girls all over the place, that’s got to be worth at least a top 25 without even trying eyn’a?
don't...don't don't don't don't

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2020, 07:23:17 PM »
Would fans be happy with Mick Cronin? Because that’s who UCLA ended up with, and they’re head and shoulders the better program.

Yes, I would.  He's a great coach that knows how to implement a defensive system but there's no way he'd come to MU.  He would have stayed at Cincy.  It's a lateral move.  Not to mention, he's great friends with Buzz.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2020, 07:24:41 PM »
It's tacky. As much as I get frustrated with him, this and the booing is a bad look.

I do feel like last night was a turning point, and outside of a run in March, I don't see it getting much better. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if he amps up the search for a new gig this spring.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2020, 07:25:33 PM »
I never was a big wojo guy but the idea that we have to fire this guy right now makes no sense to me. What does mediocre mean to some of you? This team is not mediocre. A few plays go our way and were 6-2 right now on our way to a 4 or 5 seed. Still could get a 6. That is not a bad season. We have a great class coming in and possibly mane as well. Firing him now is nonsense. To just take a gamble on some random coach to make us an annual top 10 team or somthing right freaking now is just stupid. Keep crying

panda

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2020, 07:25:48 PM »

I’d take Mick Cronin over Wojo every day of the week.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2020, 07:26:16 PM »

I would love Mick Cronin!  Thanks for the inspiration!!!🙌🙌🙌
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2020, 07:31:00 PM »
That coaching search was something else, but I agree with your premise. Coaches these days should be doing everything they can to land SEC gigs, doesn’t get better than those.

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2020, 07:31:17 PM »
I never was a big wojo guy but the idea that we have to fire this guy right now makes no sense to me. What does mediocre mean to some of you? This team is not mediocre. A few plays go our way and were 6-2 right now on our way to a 4 or 5 seed. Still could get a 6. That is not a bad season. We have a great class coming in and possibly mane as well. Firing him now is nonsense. To just take a gamble on some random coach to make us an annual top 10 team or somthing right freaking now is just stupid. Keep crying

Don't worry, Marquette isn't getting Mane. He's been reading what entitled pieces of work some MU fans are and is taking his talents elsewhere.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2020, 07:32:26 PM »

I thought it’s been established that other than history and weather, the situation at UCLA isn’t as rosy and appealing as the casual fan would think.

And other than Cronin’s style of play being awful, I would have no issues with that. He was consistent and put together nice results and teams in a lesser conference with worse institutional support

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2020, 07:34:14 PM »
Yes, I would.  He's a great coach that knows how to implement a defensive system but there's no way he'd come to MU.  He would have stayed at Cincy.  It's a lateral move.  Not to mention, he's great friends with Buzz.

That’s my point. Mick Cronin, a guy with 11 extra years coaching over Wojo to have the NCAA Tournament success MU fans feel entitled to and he has a single Sweet Sixteen (and no Elite Eights) to show for it and he wouldn’t even pick up the phone if MU called.

Had a Xavier fan friend go to the MU vs. SJU game last week and said MU fans are embarrassing. He wasn’t wrong.

I look forward to winning our next game so dumb posters go back into hiding.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2020, 07:42:13 PM »
That’s my point. Mick Cronin, a guy with 11 extra years coaching over Wojo to have the NCAA Tournament success MU fans feel entitled to and he has a single Sweet Sixteen (and no Elite Eights) to show for it and he wouldn’t even pick up the phone if MU called.

Had a Xavier fan friend go to the MU vs. SJU game last week and said MU fans are embarrassing. He wasn’t wrong.

I look forward to winning our next game so dumb posters go back into hiding.

Lol, 1 win isn't going to change anything.  This team isn't going to accomplish much.  Anyone with basketball knowledge can see that.  MU has a ceiling and Wojo can't even get close to maximum potential out of his guys.

An educated person would do their due diligence and search the coaching ranks for the next up and comers.  There's talent out there better than Wojo, especially in the Mid Majors. 

muguru

• All American
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2020, 07:42:36 PM »

This team isn't mediocre?? What team have you been watching?? They are 4-4 in BE play...that's .500 or the exact definition of mediocre. You lose at home to Providence=Mediocre(at best). You go on the road to Butler, have a lead basically the entire game against a team without the top defender in the BE, and basically do everything wrong in the last 3 minutes=Mediocre. Good teams win games like those two. Plain and simple. One thing that has been clearly obvious under Wojo is yes, every so often they will win a big game(like Nova when they were #1), but for the most part, they beat the teams most would expect them to beat, but can't consistently compete with the top teams in the conference. Which in and of itself is sad because they SHOULD be one of the top teams in the conference.

There's a lot of season left, so let's see how it finishes, maybe they have a surprise in store for us yet. Most likely however, they will finish about .500 in conference, which will mostly be buoyed by beating the DePaul's, SJU's, and Georgetown's. The class he has coming in is the ONLY reason I personally have given him a bit of a longer leash..but then last night happens, and I ask myself why.

The class coming in is great, but if they can't be coached up properly, what's the point?? I have said it before, they need classes that are so good, that they can "just roll the ball out and play" and let their talent take over to win games. Maybe this one is(if they add Mane), I hope so. 
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

TedBaxter

• All American
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2020, 07:43:10 PM »

And you would be happy signing recruits who were looking for a payday?  That’s what one of Cronin’s recruits or his family communicated during his recruitment and out of nowhere UCLA got a verbal.

To be honest, the way some of you are acting, I’d almost hope for a crash and burn scenario for Marquette. A little basement fever.
If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2020, 07:44:19 PM »
If a coaching search did occur here, I would strongly prefer someone with HC experience. I don’t expect a coach at a P6 program to jump to MU, but I would like someone who has a track record of winning and bench coaching success.

Also, Cronin was ready to jump to UNLV, which is nowhere near the job MU is.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2020, 07:44:45 PM »
And you would be happy signing recruits who were looking for a payday?  That’s what one of Cronin’s recruits or his family communicated during his recruitment and out of nowhere UCLA got a verbal.

To be honest, the way some of you are acting, I’d almost hope for a crash and burn scenario for Marquette. A little basement fever.

For those who haven't been paying attention to current events, all college athletes are going to be getting paydays. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2020, 07:45:16 PM »
Lol, 1 win isn't going to change anything.  This team isn't going to accomplish much.  Anyone with basketball knowledge can see that.  MU has a ceiling and Wojo can't even get close to maximum potential out of his guys.

An educated person would do their due diligence and search the coaching ranks for the next up and comers.  There's talent out there better than Wojo, especially in the Mid Majors.

You trying to insult someone else’s intelligence is certainly something.

Glad you’re able to enjoy MU’s losing last night. We know you’d be nowhere to be found had they not.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2020, 07:46:39 PM »

Glad you’re able to enjoy MU’s losing last night. We know you’d be nowhere to be found had they not.

His agenda is more important than winning.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2020, 07:53:22 PM »

Enjoy it?  Not really.  It's expected though because I know how to identify Wojo's weaknesses and project them into expectations.  I've said this in previous posts about Wojo and even the commentators last night were bringing up weaknesses that I've pointed out in the past.   You don't want to listen, that's fine. 

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2020, 07:56:52 PM »
This team isn't mediocre?? What team have you been watching?? They are 4-4 in BE play...that's .500 or the exact definition of mediocre. You lose at home to Providence=Mediocre(at best). You go on the road to Butler, have a lead basically the entire game against a team without the top defender in the BE, and basically do everything wrong in the last 3 minutes=Mediocre. Good teams win games like those two. Plain and simple. One thing that has been clearly obvious under Wojo is yes, every so often they will win a big game(like Nova when they were #1), but for the most part, they beat the teams most would expect them to beat, but can't consistently compete with the top teams in the conference. Which in and of itself is sad because they SHOULD be one of the top teams in the conference.

There's a lot of season left, so let's see how it finishes, maybe they have a surprise in store for us yet. Most likely however, they will finish about .500 in conference, which will mostly be buoyed by beating the DePaul's, SJU's, and Georgetown's. The class he has coming in is the ONLY reason I personally have given him a bit of a longer leash..but then last night happens, and I ask myself why.

The class coming in is great, but if they can't be coached up properly, what's the point?? I have said it before, they need classes that are so good, that they can "just roll the ball out and play" and let their talent take over to win games. Maybe this one is(if they add Mane), I hope so.
I personally dont consider teams comfortably in the tournament to be mediocre. We still are currently in that situation. Obviously things go could go south fast. Or maybe the opposite well see. I dont love wojo but not wanting to fire the guy right now. It's just my opinion. And the 4-4 record is of course relevant based on the conference you are in. 4-4 in the horizon league and we are trash. 4-4 in arguably the most difficult conference certainly isn't bad. Let's see what happens

Miss Katie’s

• All American
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2020, 08:00:43 PM »
It's tacky. As much as I get frustrated with him, this and the booing is a bad look. 

+1

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2020, 08:05:29 PM »
His agenda is more important than winning.

Yes.....my agenda.  What is my   a g e n d a ?? 

To educate people on what crappy basketball is.  Yes.  I guess I have an agenda. 

.......Oh wait....... there's more.  I don't care for mediocre at best basketball either, especially when it dilutes the MU brand. 

Anything else? 

Small Orange Soda

• Team Captain
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2020, 08:08:37 PM »
He shouldn't be fired.

But we've also been in the Top 25 for a total of three months out of 5+ years and that's not okay either.  Neither is zero tourney wins in that period. 

Some people are going to need to accept that the above is going to cause unrest within the fanbase.  And it's on Wojo to fix it.  Now.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2020, 08:09:29 PM »
Those clowns should probably check out #26 in KenPom

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2020, 08:16:22 PM »
Those clowns should probably check out #26 in KenPom

OSU has lost 6 of 7, most by double digits while looking awful and still sits at 13 in the Kenpom. It has its faults

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2020, 08:19:03 PM »
I’d take Mick Cronin over Wojo every day of the week.

Some UCLA fans already in revolt over his hiring and bad recruiting.

For those looking for NCAA success...one Sweet 16 in 17 years.

You guys make me laugh.

"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire