[Today at 11:26:20 AM]

NC State by MUMountin
[Today at 11:25:44 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 11:15:58 AM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:50:38 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Some Perspective - Post Butler OT Loss  (Read 4794 times)

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
Re: Some Perspective - Post Butler OT Loss
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2020, 04:38:22 PM »
As your alter ego on this board would say, “BULLSHAT.  BULLSHAT.  BULLSHAT.”  You’re beyond the pale here.  I just rewatched that play, and there is *nothing* to suggest it was dirty.  It was a bang bang play in transition.  Both guys were flying through the air at full speed after running the length of the court, and *if* Baddley’s elbow does hit Markus’ head, it’s only because his arm would naturally, you know, go down after it went up in an attempt to block the shot.  Any contact to the head was incidental, not intentional.

There are numerous reasons why Marquette lost last night.  Some phantom dirty play you’re making up isn’t one of them.  And you saying it over and over at such a high volume will not make it true.

And nothing you or anybody else says will make it false. It was the most important moment of the game, and it was a dirty play.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2020, 05:06:33 PM »
6 projected 1 point games.  Going to continue to be a wild ride this year. More OT on the horizon.

The way Wojo has MU trending, it's more like "OT in the Horizon."

I kid, I kid.

GoldenZebra

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2020, 05:14:11 PM »
A tough L, but many members of the team showed tremendous clutch potential, and they werent named Markus. Taking the #13 team to OT after they desperately needed a win, and couldnt finish off MU in regulation means something.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2020, 06:52:38 PM »
I really hate piling onto the haters' side on this stuff, but there's a huge difference between how the numbers currently see this loss and what this loss actually was.  Butler won't be the #13 team in the country on monday, and I would bet none of net, KenPom, or the ap will have them as a top 15 team at the end of the year.  By the numbers, this loss will never look better than it does today.  Plus, they were without their starting pg, who I believe i saw on twitter from AE or someone else is rated as the best defensive player in the conference. 

The lack of movement in net and kenpom is nice today, but its not going to hold up.  Winning on the road is always hard, and this was never a terrible loss in the grand scheme of things, but the numbers make it look better than it was.

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2020, 06:59:11 PM »
I really hate piling onto the haters' side on this stuff, but there's a huge difference between how the numbers currently see this loss and what this loss actually was.  Butler won't be the #13 team in the country on monday, and I would bet none of net, KenPom, or the ap will have them as a top 15 team at the end of the year.  By the numbers, this loss will never look better than it does today.  Plus, they were without their starting pg, who I believe i saw on twitter from AE or someone else is rated as the best defensive player in the conference. 

The lack of movement in net and kenpom is nice today, but its not going to hold up.  Winning on the road is always hard, and this was never a terrible loss in the grand scheme of things, but the numbers make it look better than it was.

That wasn't piling on. That was a fair, well reasoned analysis. I totally agree.

feedback