[Today at 07:02:21 AM]

Dallas bars tonite by Marquette Gyros
[Today at 06:59:41 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Jay Bee
[Today at 06:42:08 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 06:32:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Poll

Playing Markus after banging his head on the chair was:

A) Dumb
2 (4.5%)
B) Dangerous
0 (0%)
C) All of the above
9 (20.5%)
D) Red Herring
10 (22.7%)
E) None of the above
23 (52.3%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Voting closed: February 01, 2020, 11:51:01 AM

Author Topic: Dumb and Dangerous Poll 2.0  (Read 1957 times)

Elonsmusk

• All American
Dumb and Dangerous Poll 2.0
« on: January 25, 2020, 11:51:01 AM »
I'm voting D.  Feel confident MU's medical staff would have sat him down if he were concussed.

tower912

• All American
Re: Dumb and Dangerous Poll 2.0
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2020, 11:53:20 AM »
It is possible to take a head shot, have it affect you, and not be concussed.   I thought you played basketball.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MDMU04

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2020, 11:58:18 AM »
If concussion protocol was followed and he was cleared to play, absolutely 100% fine.

If protocol was not followed, this is very problematic.

I don’t know if they were followed or not, but I certainly hope they were.
"They call me eccentric. They used to call me nuts. I haven't changed." - Al McGuire

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2020, 12:06:11 PM »
Option E - none of the above, which for me is the same as "not enough information." 

I don't know enough about the protocol, nor how the team put Markus through that protocol, to have a firm position.

I will say the circumstantial evidence doesn't look great.  The video shows that Markus hit his head, and was clearly dazed.  He has had concussion issues before.  Yet he didn't miss one second of game action, and was put in after the TV time out. From that point on, he was clearly a different player.

But to accuse the team of wrongdoing or not having Markus's health and safety as a top priority is a really serious charge that I certainly don't feel I have enough information to make.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2020, 12:07:37 PM »
Option E - none of the above, which for me is the same as "not enough information." 

I don't know enough about the protocol, nor how the team put Markus through that protocol, to have a firm position.

I will say the circumstantial evidence doesn't look great.  The video shows that Markus hit his head, and was clearly dazed.  He has had concussion issues before.  Yet he didn't miss one second of game action, and was put in after the TV time out. From that point on, he was clearly a different player.

But to accuse the team of wrongdoing or not having Markus's health and safety as a top priority is a really serious charge that I certainly don't feel I have enough information to make.

Exactly right. No further comment needed.

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2020, 12:24:10 PM »

F. Not what happened. He was elbowed in the head and then went hard to the floor and into the chairs.

I'm sure the team did a quick assessment and Markus convinced them to let him play. To suggest that the injury was nothin, considering Markus' reaction is about as careless as a medical staff that would put a concussed player back in the game.

Miss Katie’s

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2020, 12:26:17 PM »
Exactly right. No further comment needed.

Agreed.   

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2020, 12:37:18 PM »
I don’t know if they were followed or not, but I certainly hope they were.
I've only seen my new neighbor once, and that was to take the trash out to the curb last week.  I don't know if he beats his wife, but I certainly hope he doesn't.

curbina

• Starter
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2020, 01:03:57 PM »

I fully agree with MUBurrow.

Just curious, does the team physician travel with the team on away games?
“You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones at every dog that barks.”
- Winston S. Churchill

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2020, 01:04:59 PM »
If the medical staff cleared him then he can play. Nothing to see here unless he's diagnosed with a concussion. If he is, then it falls solely on the medical staff.

MDMU04

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2020, 01:55:28 PM »
I've only seen my new neighbor once, and that was to take the trash out to the curb last week.  I don't know if he beats his wife, but I certainly hope he doesn't.

What?
"They call me eccentric. They used to call me nuts. I haven't changed." - Al McGuire

feedback