Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Markus' head?  (Read 11917 times)

Afroman

• All American
Re: Markus' head?
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2020, 03:18:43 PM »
Nice of gramps to help out there.
Anyone else think that those seats are ridiculously close to the baseline?

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2020, 03:20:44 PM »
Tower mentioned he saw a video where Markus was elbowed in the head. I don't recall that, just the slide into the chair. Anyone have a link to such a video?
I wish someone had a video because seeing it last night I thought he got hammered until I saw the replay that showed he didnt

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
Re: Nothing Important
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2020, 03:27:40 PM »
Whoa. You have posted over 40 odds times since the game with 95% on this play and the concussion you diagnosed on TV.  You might be right.  Or Butler may have made adjustments. Or it was both.

You seem certain of your finding to the point where you defend it over and over, and accuse MU as being incompetent. The rest of us see basketball reasons too...and trust and know MU's training and medical staff.  Don't you think that they were observing him over and over for the next hour and a half?

You are at the point of being over the top. Call me silly.

Cite one example of me asserting MU was incompetent. I said Markus went to the sidelines and after a brief examination, and I'm sure some lobbying on his part, returned to the game where he looked and played like he was out of it.

It was a hard hit and Markus remained on the floor for a long time. It was not a nothing foul.

A player can pass the sideline concussion protocol and still be affected to a significant degree by a hit to the head. Are you suggesting it can't be a factor??

There's a very good article on how sideline concussion protocols can fail.

It's about the hit Ziggy Ansah put on Jimmy Clausen. People should read it and get a clue.

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2020, 03:29:57 PM »
I wish someone had a video because seeing it last night I thought he got hammered until I saw the replay that showed he didnt

Yeah because players always fly into the seats when there not hammered on a play like that.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2020, 03:59:55 PM »
Screen shot 2 shows the defenders right arm hitting Markus in the head.   You can see Markus head moving backwards from the impact.  I do not believe there was malice aforethought.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 04:25:54 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2020, 04:09:31 PM »
Screen shot 2 shows the defenders right arm hitting Markus in the head.   I do not believe there was malice aforethought.

That's the only thing we disagree on. It looked like a frustration foul to me when he lowered his arms on Markus' head. Butler was already pissed at the calls Markus had received in the first half as evidenced by the T right before half. Then Markus burns them on a breakaway layup. to increase the lead. I've played a lot and I've seen the exact same foul many times.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2020, 04:21:58 PM »
Yeah, but you know it's only funny because it's true.
There is another guy that always has to have the last word...

Or maybe there isn't another guy.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2020, 04:30:42 PM »
There is another guy that always has to have the last word...

Or maybe there isn't another guy.

I'm so much worse than the other guy.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2020, 04:32:49 PM »
I'm so much worse than the other guy.
Impossible
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2020, 04:34:50 PM »

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2020, 04:36:15 PM »

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2020, 04:47:03 PM »
Impossible

Aren’t you the one having the last word...only you have done it amazingly for about 2 weeks without playing the race card...progress.

$5000 bet holds.  You in or not.  Can easily prove this guy isn’t me....do you have stones or not?  Don’t answer..we know you don’t.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2020, 05:06:27 PM »

Aren’t you the one having the last word...only you have done it amazingly for about 2 weeks without playing the race card...progress.

$5000 bet holds.  You in or not.  Can easily prove this guy isn’t me....do you have stones or not?  Don’t answer..we know you don’t.
Nope, I saw your call and raised to $10,000 that you have a long history of lying about your identity.  You in, Hoopaloop?

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2020, 05:07:33 PM »
I also wanted to see how many time "WhoaJoe" would insist on getting the last word.  appears he had to switch accounts to do so.

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2020, 05:10:00 PM »
I also wanted to see how many time "WhoaJoe" would insist on getting the last word.  appears he had to switch accounts to do so.

Whaaaaat????

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2020, 05:13:37 PM »
There ya go!

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2020, 05:22:24 PM »

If u can easily prove it then do it. And not some surgery that proves nothing. Personally I don't think u are this whoa Joe character. He is more obnoxious than even you. Hows that for a back handed compliment.

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2020, 05:27:02 PM »
If u can easily prove it then do it. And not some surgery that proves nothing. Personally I don't think u are this whoa Joe character. He is more obnoxious than even you. Hows that for a back handed compliment.

I'm especially obnoxious to the posters who are only experts after losses.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2020, 05:38:31 PM »
I'm especially obnoxious to the posters who are only experts after losses.
Which is not me btw. I post periodically and after nearly every game and my posts are my opinions both positive and negative. Including today's posts. I don't have an agenda that requires me to make over the top posts to fulfill it.

I was out of town after the last game and didnt have means to post so don't even go there.

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2020, 05:55:32 PM »
Which is not me btw. I post periodically and after nearly every game and my posts are my opinions both positive and negative. Including today's posts. I don't have an agenda that requires me to make over the top posts to fulfill it.

I was out of town after the last game and didnt have means to post so don't even go there.

When people casually dismiss arguably the most important moment in the game and then trash Markus??? Yeah I'm gonna point it out. I'm also going to call out a cheap shot when I see it. Baddley took out our leading scorer. Should I applaud him??

You would think on a Marquette fan site people would be a little more upset, but not the fine "fans" on scoop.

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2020, 06:08:01 PM »
When people casually dismiss arguably the most important moment in the game and then trash Markus??? Yeah I'm gonna point it out. I'm also going to call out a cheap shot when I see it. Baddley took out our leading scorer. Should I applaud him??

You would think on a Marquette fan site people would be a little more upset, but not the fine "fans" on scoop.

Baddley did not “take out” our leading scorer.  Literally.  Markus didn’t miss one second as a result of that play.  And the play itself wasn’t dirty.  It was two guys going full speed in transition.  Take off your blue and gold glasses and stop using this as an excuse for why we lost.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2020, 06:13:03 PM »

Like I said over the top to satisfy an agenda. I'm impressed you are so sure of a college kids intent. Well done. Now of course you will have the last word but I am done, you are not worth the effort.

1SE

• All American
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2020, 06:14:28 PM »
I took a few screenshots (quality is best I could get) of the play and am just not seeing any elbow or malicious intent like a few others have mentioned.

Screenshot #1: Butler guy goes up with both hands as if to block the ball.

Screenshot #2: Best evidence I could find of an "elbow"

Screenshot #3 & #4: Markus appears to turn his head towards the hoop as if to see if the ball went in. Don't think he'd make that reaction if he just got clocked in the head.

Screenshot #5: Head hitting the chair.

I don't know about an elbow to the head, but I definitely see a puff of smoke from behind the grassy knoll
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2020, 06:14:57 PM »

That's it.  I don't want to just be considered a Scoop "fan."  I am personally going to try to "fan up" to reach your level of fandom. 
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 06:16:59 PM by Elonsmusk »

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2020, 06:18:07 PM »
Baddley did not “take out” our leading scorer.  Literally.  Markus didn’t miss one second as a result of that play. 
He should have

And the play itself wasn’t dirty.  It was two guys going full speed in transition.
Still worthy of a look at the monitor and a Flagrant 1- excessivecontact above the shoulders

stop using this as an excuse for why we lost.
My opinion, it is on of the myriad of reasons why we lost, but not as important as not changing defenses on Kamar. Kamar is not a 3 point shooter. Play some zone. Double on the screens...something. If Coach does that, we don't even need to see Markus try to take over.

feedback