Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Transfer Portal by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 03:19:42 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Uncle Rico
[Today at 03:05:12 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by tower912
[Today at 02:57:23 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by Uncle Rico
[Today at 02:48:12 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by tower912
[Today at 02:40:05 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 02:24:16 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Jay Bee
[Today at 02:05:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Wojo Loses Another Big East Game  (Read 5225 times)

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
Wojo Loses Another Big East Game
« on: January 24, 2020, 11:03:49 PM »
A.  The poor coaching continues.  Kamar Baldwin scores 17 of 19 points in the 2nd half and not once did Wojo double team the guy.  Otherwise Butler was having issues on offense especially with Theo John playing an excellent game down low, being the Sheriff. 

B.  Interesting call to foul at the end with Bailey.....

C.   Still haven't been able to coach Markus Howard up to pass the ball in crunch time yet.  Otherwise, he was doing a beautiful job passing during the game.  That's how Markus should be playing.  It makes MU much more difficult to guard.

PointWarrior

• All American
Re: Wojo Loses Another Big East Game
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2020, 11:04:46 PM »
+1000

joparks

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2020, 11:07:22 PM »
So sick of watching Howard chuck the ball up while others are open.  Can't stand how in his Sr. season he hasn't yet figured out the team concept.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2020, 11:10:50 PM »
So sick of watching Howard chuck the ball up while others are open.  Can't stand how in his Sr. season he hasn't yet figured out the team concept.

Take a look at his coach.

If you noticed, in OT during the last few possessions, Howard wasn't bringing up the ball at all.  It was all in McEwen's hands.  I'd like to see more of this along with MH passing like he did tonight.  That's the silver lining in this game. 

muguru

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2020, 11:11:47 PM »
A.  The poor coaching continues.  Kamar Baldwin scores 17 of 19 points in the 2nd half and not once did Wojo double team the guy.  Otherwise Butler was having issues on offense especially with Theo John playing an excellent game down low, being the Sheriff. 

B.  Interesting call to foul at the end with Bailey.....

C.   Still haven't been able to coach Markus Howard up to pass the ball in crunch time yet.  Otherwise, he was doing a beautiful job passing during the game.  That's how Markus should be playing.  It makes MU much more difficult to guard.

Ben Steele
@BenSteeleMJS
·
6m
"Down two" sorry trying to type too fast. #mubb
Quote Tweet
Ben Steele
@BenSteeleMJS
 · 8m
Wojo: I thought we were up two. I screwed up.
To his credit, he manned up. #mubb
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2020, 11:12:31 PM »
You created a lot of accounts for this one for your echo chamber. Kudos for your perseverance and sad lonely life.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2020, 11:13:46 PM »
You created a lot of accounts for this one for your echo chamber. Kudos for your perseverance and sad lonely life.

Ladies and gentlemen....... Wojo's Dad

Intelligent basketball discussion only here.  Please leave.  You have nothing to add.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2020, 11:13:55 PM »
Ben Steele
@BenSteeleMJS
·
6m
"Down two" sorry trying to type too fast. #mubb
Quote Tweet
Ben Steele
@BenSteeleMJS
 · 8m
Wojo: I thought we were up two. I screwed up.
To his credit, he manned up. #mubb

Hmm. Credit him for manning up but if he thought we were up two, why in the F would he call for a foul?!!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 11:18:42 PM by Elonsmusk »

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2020, 11:14:45 PM »
+1 haha.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2020, 11:15:25 PM »

Intelligent basketball discussion only here.  Please leave.  You have nothing to add.

You should probably leave your own thread then...

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2020, 11:15:40 PM »
Hmm. Credit him for manning up but if he thought we were up two, in the F would be foul?!!

Maybe Wojo was concussed as well?  Or maybe he's trying to protect Bailey.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2020, 11:16:12 PM »

Why are you here then?

dr77

• Walk-On
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2020, 11:16:34 PM »
Mike's Glasses point A - Now that I'm done being sick in the rest room, 1000% Agree.  Wojo's a great recruiter, great rep for MU, yada yada, totally agree with all that, but COME ON, F'in DO SOMETHING, ANYTHING!!!! different than letting Baldwin rip us a new one 8 possessions straight... gotta go, gonna be sick again

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2020, 11:17:08 PM »
I think one thing we saw in the last 3 games and 37 minutes is that when MU plays team ball it is a beautiful thing.  Markus was getting his points, but everyone was contributing and getting involved.  But in the last few minutes he decided he was going to do everything himself and regulate his teammates to be bystanders--you can decide if it was because he had hit his head or not--and it was disastrous.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2020, 11:18:19 PM »
Mike's Glasses point A - Now that I'm done being sick in the rest room, 1000% Agree.  Wojo's a great recruiter, great rep for MU, yada yada, totally agree with all that, but COME ON, F'in DO SOMETHING, ANYTHING!!!! different than letting Baldwin rip us a new one 8 possessions straight... gotta go, gonna be sick again

Impressive. Created at 10:46 tonight. Very prepared, I see. Shame it still doesn't change your parents disappointment in you, Deane

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2020, 11:20:05 PM »
I think one thing we saw in the last 3 games and 37 minutes is that when MU plays team ball it is a beautiful thing.  Markus was getting his points, but everyone was contributing and getting involved.  But in the last few minutes he decided he was going to do everything himself and regulate his teammates to be bystanders--you can decide if it was because he had hit his head or not--and it was disastrous.
This times a million.  Markus had forced just a couple shots (and he missed a lot of good looks earlier), but we stopped playing team offense with 3 minutes to go.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2020, 11:20:32 PM »
Hmm. Credit him for manning up but if he thought we were up two, in the F would be foul?!!

« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 11:22:54 PM by RJax55 »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2020, 11:25:01 PM »
Hmm. Credit him for manning up but if he thought we were up two, why in the F would he call for a foul?!!

Reread the Tweets.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2020, 06:11:37 AM »
Hmmm.....Hausergate.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

f/k/a humanlung

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2020, 11:32:48 AM »

I didn't see the game but this sounds a lot like the end of last season if I recall it correctly.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2020, 04:49:13 PM »
Dumb.

Players ultimately win or lose most games. 
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2020, 04:57:00 PM »
This times a million.  Markus had forced just a couple shots (and he missed a lot of good looks earlier), but we stopped playing team offense with 3 minutes to go.

How many times did the goat dribble off his own foot or leg and turn it over? I counted at least 3 times, but, admittedly I didn't watch the entire game. That won't cut it in the Association when you're 5'10", hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2020, 05:00:30 PM »

How many times did the goat dribble off his own foot or leg and turn it over? I counted at least 3 times, but, admittedly I didn't watch the entire game. That won't cut it in the Association when you're 5'10", hey?
one of those was off a Butler player's leg.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2020, 05:04:19 PM »

One was a blown call by the ref, if they had replay it would have been overturned as it was off the defender’s foot.  One was legit.  Those are the two I recall.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

f/k/a humanlung

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2020, 04:15:57 PM »
Dumb.

Players ultimately win or lose most games.

Very true.  And so is the fact that coaches can lose a lot of games, as well.  Like Wojo vs. Butler.