'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Bitchin' Kamar-o  (Read 18451 times)

Elonsmusk

• All American
Re: Bitchin' Kamar-o
« Reply #125 on: January 25, 2020, 10:27:03 AM »

It was weird, the studio crew had Markus selfishness as their announcing game plan from the start.  Before the game when talking about Anim they said Howard does not make his teammates better and Donny Marshall basically said the Hausers left because of his ball dominance.  Then they backtracked a touch daying it was a fine line when you are such a good scorer etc.  They mentioned it again at halftime and said they should take him off the ball and though I did not watch the post game, from the comments here they were on the topic again.

This was definitely a focus of their talking points before the game, at halftime, and afterward.  Was interesting to listen to.

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #126 on: January 25, 2020, 10:48:10 AM »
Markus set a Big East "milestone" yesterday ... he missed 14 3PA, the most by a Big East player in a conference game since 2009.
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #127 on: January 25, 2020, 10:52:14 AM »
Too lazy to find the post asking if Markus has ever hit a clutch shot but...

One week ago today. Tie game. On the road. One minute left. Corner 3 against Georgetown.

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #128 on: January 25, 2020, 11:05:03 AM »

One week ago today. Tie game. On the road. One minute left. Corner 3 against Georgetown.

Don't bother.

Markus has hit clutch shots throughout games to help Marquette win, including the one you mentioned. He was damaged goods against Butler in the second half and couldn't make it happen. Moving on to important things, like how Markus is feeling after getting his bell rung. Not that any Marquette fans really care.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #129 on: January 25, 2020, 11:08:22 AM »
Don't bother.

Markus has hit clutch shots throughout games to help Marquette win, including the one you mentioned. He was damaged goods against Butler in the second half and couldn't make it happen. Moving on to important things, like how Markus is feeling after getting his bell rung. Not that any Marquette fans really care.

How was the Holiday Day Inn Express stay last night?

Miss Katie’s

• All American
« Reply #130 on: January 25, 2020, 11:09:52 AM »
Great thread title Tower. 

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #131 on: January 25, 2020, 11:11:10 AM »
Don't bother.

Hope he's doing well.

I'm incredibly disappointed MU blew that game but I try to have a big picture view of the season. I expected a 5-5 start and a 10-8 finish. We've lost one game I thought we would win. We won two I had as toss ups. Just about where I thought we'd be right now. Big game on Wednesday. X will shoot much better at home, I'd guess.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #132 on: January 25, 2020, 11:11:36 AM »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #133 on: January 25, 2020, 03:02:32 PM »
Thanks.

The Dead Milkmen reference is the only positive to last night.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #134 on: January 25, 2020, 03:32:49 PM »
Was just re-watching the second half of the game and I can't get over how bad our last two looks at the basket were before the McEwen shot (attached the pictures). MU had one timeout left down one with 20 seconds and just settled for a long and quick Markus chuck.

McEwen really bailed Wojo out, because he completely froze at the end of the game.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #135 on: January 25, 2020, 04:29:56 PM »
Ugh.  I really didn't need to see those again.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #136 on: January 25, 2020, 04:50:50 PM »

He’s hit tons, but people will define clutch shot differently and so many have such BS agendas here it is sad.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #137 on: January 25, 2020, 04:51:55 PM »
Was just re-watching the second half of the game and I can't get over how bad our last two looks at the basket were before the McEwen shot (attached the pictures). MU had one timeout left down one with 20 seconds and just settled for a long and quick Markus chuck.

McEwen really bailed Wojo out, because he completely froze at the end of the game.

You assume the players did what the coach wanted, doesn’t always happen.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #138 on: January 25, 2020, 04:52:40 PM »

where is the wide open man on Markus' shot that people were talking about?

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #139 on: January 25, 2020, 05:04:02 PM »
He’s hit tons, but people will define clutch shot differently and so many have such BS agendas here it is sad.

I looked at the play by play of almost every game I could find of Markus and he has hit some big shots. He had 2 threes in the Georgetown game just last week that broke a tie on both occasions late in the second half. Hit some big shots against Providence recently, etc. From what I saw, I don’t think there is really evidence to suggest he is either a clutch player or not a clutch player. Average clutchness I would say.

mu.n8ball

• Starter
« Reply #140 on: January 25, 2020, 05:04:41 PM »
plus the OT shot selection 🤦‍♂️

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #141 on: January 25, 2020, 05:06:02 PM »
I looked at the play by play of almost every game I could find of Markus and he has hit some big shots. He had 2 threes in the Georgetown game just last week that broke a tie on both occasions late in the second half. Hit some big shots against Providence recently, etc. From what I saw, I don’t think there is really evidence to suggest he is either a clutch player or not a clutch player. Average clutchness I would say.

Define clutch ness.  Is every shot in OT clutch?  If so, then o would look at our many OT games where he has hit shots just as a high level answer.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #142 on: January 25, 2020, 07:02:07 PM »

Coming from the guy with more bs than most.

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #143 on: January 25, 2020, 10:11:09 PM »

Wait......you actually had to research whether Markus has made big shots in the past??

Okaaaaay........

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #144 on: January 27, 2020, 10:24:10 AM »
Tough loss. Falling in overtime when you've led most of the second half feels like your guts getting ripped out. However...

Marquette played better on Butler's home floor than any opponent besides Seton Hall (currently #11 in the Pomeroy rankings) this season. That includes #39 Minnesota (lost by 8 points), #36 Florida (lost by 12) and #30 Creighton (lost by 14). As a result, MU actually moved up in both the KenPom and NET rankings following the loss.

That's not an excuse. Just a simple fact. It's really hard to win on the road in the Big East. And Hinkle Fieldhouse is one of the toughest environments in all of college basketball. Marquette played well. Just not quite well enough to get the W.

Anyone who pins the future of the program on this one game isn't worth paying attention to.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #145 on: January 27, 2020, 11:33:41 AM »

I know I'm late to the party on this, but the bottom one (27 seconds left) is a terrible look, even for a great shooter. Three Butler players in his vicinity, two right in his grill. Nine seconds left on the the shot clock. Dump it off to Bailey there.

The top one (11 seconds) is even worse, in my opinion. Down one, you in no way need a three. Get something moving to the basket. All five of our players are outside the three-point line. Go toward the hoop, try to get a layup or foul, or kick it out to an open shooter after the defense has collapsed. Plenty of time to accomplish this while still leaving a couple seconds for an offensive rebound.

I'm a big fan of Markus, but I often get the sense that when the other team has a player get hot, he feels like he has to "match" them and starts playing hero ball. Player A starts making some big shots and then Markus feels he - and no one else - has to return the favor. If he's not hot at the same time, it makes for some bad shots and frustrating moments.

It was a tough loss but not the end of the world. On to the next one. Beat X on Wednesday and this won't sting as much.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #146 on: January 27, 2020, 11:44:54 AM »
Also: I was at the game, my first time seeing a game at Hinkle. It's an old barn but pretty cool. Butler fans were mostly pretty friendly. I thought there was a decent amount of yellow sprinkled throughout the stands and even heard a We Are Marquette once, but it was quickly drowned out by the Butler band. It only holds half as many people as some stadiums but it's every bit as loud and intimidating as a much larger arena. Except for the end result, I had a really good time.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

feedback