'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Baldwin vs Howard  (Read 15571 times)

Elonsmusk

• All American
Re: Baldwin vs Howard
« Reply #100 on: January 25, 2020, 12:38:47 PM »
Am I missing something??

Oh, I get it......You thought I meant taking a bow like when you curtsy in your drama club.

It's a totally different thing in basketball.

It's what happened to Markus in the Butler game.

This is rich.  Do you not recognize you are the very definition of a drama queen?

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #101 on: January 25, 2020, 12:42:15 PM »
Welcome to the Big East.  Jordan protected his player by getting a technical at halftime.  Against the seven Level 1 opponents this year, Markus has an Orating of 88.6, yesterday it was 90. Sounds like a pattern. That's Freshman Magic Dawsonesque.

Baldwin had two points at halftime yesterday and 29 after. To me: Occam's Razor and adjustments were made

Or Wojo's staff, including training and medical, is incompetent. To you, even though Markus had a bad turnover and missed a trey up until the non-whistled contact out of half, paid professionals didn't notice any concussion symptoms for the next hour and a half.

Ahem.  All of those 29 came after Markus was arm-whipped, WWE-style into that chair.  Just so you know, players aren't as sharp defensively after they're concussed. 

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #102 on: January 25, 2020, 12:49:34 PM »
This is rich.  Do you not recognize you are the very definition of a drama queen?

Don't you know you're the definition of someone who talks basketball but has obviously never played it??

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #103 on: January 25, 2020, 12:50:03 PM »
Ahem.  All of those 29 came after Markus was arm-whipped, WWE-style into that chair.  Just so you know, players aren't as sharp defensively after they're concussed.

Lol...dead on. You have converted me to Whoa’s theory. Koby and Sacar caught the concussion virus too as they were primarily guarding Baldwin. And then it spread to Wojo in his cuddles as he didn’t even know what the score was at the end.

I am digging this theory as my mental bliss has improved now. How big was the MU victory last night again?

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #104 on: January 25, 2020, 12:51:18 PM »
Lol...dead on. You have converted me to Whoa’s theory. Koby and Sacar caught the concussion virus too as they were primarily guarding Baldwin. And then it spread to Wojo in his cuddles as he didn’t even know what the score was at the end.

I am digging this theory as my mental bliss has improved now. How big was the MU victory last night again?
Wojonavirus
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #105 on: January 25, 2020, 12:54:48 PM »

Technically it was +2

We were expected to lose by 6, but only lost by 4, which nets a positive 2.  Old school, sweater-vest binary metrics like "wins" are nice and all, but Wojo is thinking big picture here--beat expectations by as large of a margin as you can.  He did that last night.

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #106 on: January 25, 2020, 01:06:34 PM »

You're either joking or you're a joke.

Defense is a team effort.

Baldwin went crazy while Marquettes leading scorer was beat up and Butler still barely won at their place.

Maybe we'll get a chance to see how Butler deals with their star player getting hammered into the floor when they play at the Fiserv.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #107 on: January 25, 2020, 01:12:27 PM »
Technically it was +2

We were expected to lose by 6, but only lost by 4, which nets a positive 2.  Old school, sweater-vest binary metrics like "wins" are nice and all, but Wojo is thinking big picture here--beat expectations by as large of a margin as you can.  He did that last night.

I honestly can't tell what's real anymore

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #108 on: January 25, 2020, 01:14:32 PM »
You're either joking or you're a joke.

Defense is a team effort.

Baldwin went crazy while Marquettes leading scorer was beat up and Butler still barely won at their place.

Maybe we'll get a chance to see how Butler deals with their star player getting hammered into the floor when they play at the Fiserv.

Everyone who attends Butler at Marquette should be prepared for WhoaJoe "giving a bow," in similar fashion to this memorable moment in MU Basketball history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5I65AxF3oA

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #109 on: January 25, 2020, 01:17:11 PM »

Lol...dead on. You have converted me to Whoa’s theory. Koby and Sacar caught the concussion virus too as they were primarily guarding Baldwin. And then it spread to Wojo in his cuddles as he didn’t even know what the score was at the end. I am digging this theory as my mental bliss has improved now. How big was the MU victory last night again?

Wojonavirus

Peak Scoop!

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #110 on: January 26, 2020, 05:51:47 AM »
You may have noticed that Wojo and Markus have a unique relationship.

Markus decides when he plays and when he shoots, and Wojo gets the benefit of exploiting Markus for his scoring and recruiting purposes.

I am a big fan of Markus, and I think he deserves the chance to showcase his skills. Some games he will showcase his faults. I can live with that because this was never going to be "The Year", even if the Hausers had stayed. This year is all about recruiting, and getting Mane is still the number one priority. Markus' ultimate green light may help make that priority a reality.

I am hopeful that this years team makes the tournament and has some success but I'm not so delusional as to think this is a National Championship caliber team. I think Wojo knows that too.

Next years recruits along with this years returning talent will give Marquette the best shot it's had in a long time to make a big splash, especially if Mane decides to commit.

Markus had several chances  against Butler to be the hero and failed. I believe it was due to the elbow to the head. Wojo gave Markus those chances knowing the potential costs and benefits. It's not optimum, but it is what it is.

I honestly believe Wojo is focused on the long game and that undoubtedly will affect results in the short term. The Butler game was a perfect example. He's joined at the hip with Markus and like it or not, that's the way this season is going to play out. I can live with that.
You do realize that next year's team will not be anywhere close to as good as this year? Wojo will have to take a huge step up as a coach to get us to the NIT next year.

I'm excited about the incoming talent but Wojo will need 2-3 years to pull them together into a NCAA tourney team. I have no doubt he will, we just need to be patient.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #111 on: January 26, 2020, 10:47:41 AM »
You do realize that next year's team will not be anywhere close to as good as this year? Wojo will have to take a huge step up as a coach to get us to the NIT next year.

I'm excited about the incoming talent but Wojo will need 2-3 years to pull them together into a NCAA tourney team. I have no doubt he will, we just need to be patient.

If we struggle to make the NIT next season, I will be ready to consider a new coach. It's too early to say for sure but next year's squad looks like a high NIT seed to me at the moment. Add Mane or a talented grad transfer and I see an NCAA team. Add both and we may not see a drop off.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

feedback