[Today at 06:05:33 AM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by Uncle Rico
[Today at 05:59:46 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Wojo...what the hell  (Read 22766 times)

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
Wojo...what the hell
« on: January 24, 2020, 10:32:02 PM »
No idea what he was doing to have BB foul him with the game tied.  Really looking forward to hearing that one.  It better be a mea cupola of “I fooked up”
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

NCMUFan

• All American
Re: Wojo...what the hell
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2020, 10:33:30 PM »
Wow, hard to find words for this game.  I guess have to blame Wojo.  The rest of the team played great but Howard was so far off all game and turning the ball over but Wojo kept him jacking them up.  How much does he get paid?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 10:37:01 PM by NCMUFan »

Warrior1969

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2020, 10:36:18 PM »
Butler is RUINING THE SAME play for Baldwin OVER AND OVER   Change the D wojo??????   My God what are you doing??????

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2020, 10:36:40 PM »
Most bizzare play of the year by far. Awaiting the explanation post game

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2020, 10:36:56 PM »
This question needs to be asked post game.

MU2007

• Walk-On
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2020, 10:43:38 PM »
I had to rewind the TV at a commercial break to make sure I wasn't in the twilight zone, but sure enough there it was Wojo signaling to Bailey to foul. Would gain a ton of respect for Wojo if he just says he messed up, but can't imagine that happens.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2020, 10:46:56 PM »
Yes cheeks. Come to the dark side.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2020, 10:47:40 PM »
A prediction:    Wojo will say he did it to make sure MU had the last shot, or some variation thereof.    Instead of letting Butler hold for the last shot, foul early, get the ball back with time to make a play.     Didn't ultimately cost MU the game.   Certainly was unusual.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2020, 10:48:13 PM »
A prediction:    Wojo will say he did it to make sure MU had the last shot, or some variation thereof.    Instead of letting Butler hold for the last shot, foul early, get the ball back with time to make a play.     Didn't ultimately cost MU the game.   Certainly was unusual.   

That’s brutal strategy.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2020, 10:48:28 PM »
I know I'm the only one but I don't hate that foul.  First off, Baldwin was scoring at will every possession down the stretch.  If we don't foul, we have to hope he can't do what he did the last 5 possessions (i.e. go one on one for an easy basket) and our options are OT or loss.  With the foul, even if he makes them, we get the ball back with a chance to tie or win.  I wouldn't have done it, but it was gutsy and I had no problem with it.

Markus taking contested threes with time on the clock OTOH...
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2020, 10:49:04 PM »

He didn't know the score.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2020, 10:49:21 PM »
I know I'm the only one but I don't hate that foul.  First off, Baldwin was scoring at will every possession down the stretch.  If we don't foul, we have to hope he can't do what he did the last 5 possessions (i.e. go one on one for an easy basket) and our options are OT or loss.  With the foul, even if he makes them, we get the ball back with a chance to tie or win.  I wouldn't have done it, but it was gutsy and I had no problem with it.

No that’s a terrible decision. Defend it differently. Don’t give up points.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2020, 10:50:29 PM »

If that's just him covering for Bailey, then fine.  If that's the honest to god strategy... my word.

panda

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2020, 10:50:34 PM »
No legitimate reason to put an 85% free throw shooter on the line in a tie game.

My guess is he didn’t know the score.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2020, 10:50:57 PM »
No idea what he was doing to have BB foul him with the game tied.  Really looking forward to hearing that one.  It better be a mea cupola of “I fooked up”

Seems to be the norm with Wojo late in the game.  After 6 years he still can't figure it out.  Poorly coached effort at the end, resulting in another L.  That's 2x conference losses on Wojo. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2020, 10:51:12 PM »
Ask Jim Valvano.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2020, 10:51:13 PM »

Are you kidding me? That is a ridiculous foul. You literally should never do that. You dont foul when the game is tied and put them on the line. Nobody says this

panda

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2020, 10:51:30 PM »
If that's just him covering for Bailey, then fine.  If that's the honest to god strategy... my word.

He very clearly called for the foul from the sideline.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2020, 10:51:37 PM »
Most bizzare play of the year by far. Awaiting the explanation post game
No one will ask.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2020, 10:52:08 PM »

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2020, 10:52:31 PM »

Bailey only went for the foul when he saw Wojo calling for it.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2020, 10:53:46 PM »

You could make this case. Get your point, yet I don’t think I’ve ever seen a coach employ that strategy in a tie game.

Definitely defies conventional wisdom...if it was intended. Or did he have a brain fart?  Based on the reaction of Bailey - he looked at Wojo as if to say you signaled me to foul...

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2020, 10:54:46 PM »
You could make this case. Get your point, yet I don’t think I’ve ever seen a coach employ that strategy in a tie game.

Definitely defies conventional wisdom...if it was intended. Or did he have a brain fart?  Based on the reaction of Bailey - he looked at Wojo as if to say you signaled me to foul...

A coach used the strategy to win a national title.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2020, 10:56:34 PM »
Are you kidding me? That is a ridiculous foul. You literally should never do that. You dont foul when the game is tied and put them on the line. Nobody says this
Were you watching the game?  They scored on 6 of their last 7 possessions.  I would not have bet on a stop there.  I have no problem with Wojo not betting on a stop there.  Besides it worked out.  If we don't foul our best outcome is OT and we got OT.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2020, 10:59:04 PM »
Were you watching the game?  They scored on 6 of their last 7 possessions.  I would not have bet on a stop there.  I have no problem with Wojo not betting on a stop there.  Besides it worked out.  If we don't foul our best outcome is OT and we got OT.

lol. Because Koby pulled a shot out of his a$$?  Get out with that sh*t. Fouling a 85% shooter is dumb. Period.

feedback