Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Butler Game Thread  (Read 26536 times)

MUBurrow

• All American
Re: Butler Game Thread
« Reply #325 on: January 24, 2020, 10:48:51 PM »
How about just doubling him and forcing him to give up the ball?

Don't remember MU showing on a single high screen for Baldwin down the stretch.  With his penchant for the midrange game, that's just asking for him to murder you.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #326 on: January 24, 2020, 10:49:44 PM »
We had a higher eFG%. Butler outscored us by 16 from the FT line. eFG% no matter.

Lavall’s T worked. They were in the double bonus with plenty of time left in the game, Butler ended with 7 second half fouls.

Also, shout out to the trash floor at Hinkle, looked like an ice rink the last 5 min plus OT

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #327 on: January 24, 2020, 10:50:29 PM »
Live or die with Markus. Love the kid though. Got tat take the occasional bad with all the good.
Here is where I disagree--Markus insisted on playing 1-on-5 for the last few minutes of the game.  It is one thing to simply have an off shooting game--then we take the bad with the good.  But when he dominates the ball, refuses to pass, turns it over, and fires up a 26-footer the second he touches the ball after Koby/Sacar bring it up...that's just bad basketball.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #328 on: January 24, 2020, 10:54:51 PM »
Here is where I disagree--Markus insisted on playing 1-on-5 for the last few minutes of the game.  It is one thing to simply have an off shooting game--then we take the bad with the good.  But when he dominates the ball, refuses to pass, turns it over, and fires up a 26-footer the second he touches the ball after Koby/Sacar bring it up...that's just bad basketball.

Tell that to a Pro Wojo and they will get you banned for 2 weeks....lol

It's a shame that Markus has such poor discipline.  He's not going to make the NBA because of it.  He's a liability and shouldn't be as a senior.  Wojo should have coached that out of him last year.

FrennA

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #329 on: January 24, 2020, 11:04:27 PM »
The leash that Wojo gives Howard is ridiculous.  It was the same way he handled Henry Ellenson.  He doesn’t coach he just lets the star player run wild.  Meanwhile all the other players don’t develop.  Some here assume Howard is our only talent capable of scoring.  How can you think that when they are not given the freedom to participate in the offense since Howard has the ultimate green light despite being ice cold.  If he was hampered by hitting the chair, put him on the bench.  Howard seems like a great guy, but damn, this is on Wojo.  I like Wojo but not as a coach.  Relying on your star player to get you wins as opposed to coaching the team is not coaching.  Players have regressed and lost confidence under his watch and that’s on Wojo. 

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #330 on: January 24, 2020, 11:05:32 PM »

True. I do agree. I’ve just come to peace with it - as this is the bed Wojo made by giving him the ultimate green light. However it is also the reason why I’ve posted I wouldn’t want to play with him..probably why the Hausers left too.

Catch 22 though because Markus does make a fair amount of those step back 25’ shots so..what do you do?

I do think he’s fatiguing at end of games. Shooting 20+ times per game, plus running off screens baseline, plus defending while being undersized?  Thats a lot to ask. Guessing his shooting percentage for season is lower in 2nd half.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #331 on: January 24, 2020, 11:05:43 PM »
Also, shout out to the trash floor at Hinkle, looked like an ice rink the last 5 min plus OT

When my daughter played there last year there was standing water on the floor at the ends. I’ve never seen anything like it. They had huge fans blowing to try to keep the court dry. Fortunately the VB court is a lot smaller and the really wet areas were not in play.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #332 on: January 24, 2020, 11:10:27 PM »
The leash that Wojo gives Howard is ridiculous.  It was the same way he handled Henry Ellenson.  He doesn’t coach he just lets the star player run wild.  Meanwhile all the other players don’t develop.  Some here assume Howard is our only talent capable of scoring.  How can you think that when they are not given the freedom to participate in the offense since Howard has the ultimate green light despite being ice cold.  If he was hampered by hitting the chair, put him on the bench.  Howard seems like a great guy, but damn, this is on Wojo.  I like Wojo but not as a coach.  Relying on your star player to get you wins as opposed to coaching the team is not coaching.  Players have regressed and lost confidence under his watch and that’s on Wojo.

Very well said. Think this summarizes Wojo’s tenure to a “t.”  Hopefully he figures it out and improves.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #333 on: January 24, 2020, 11:13:47 PM »
Very well said. Think this summarizes Wojo’s tenure to a “t.”  Hopefully he figures it out and improves.

;D  ;D Does that happen around year 8?

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #334 on: January 24, 2020, 11:35:34 PM »

We are in year 6..... year 21 total.  You don't think he saw Coach K deal with players like this at Duke in his 15 years?   C'mon. 

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #335 on: January 25, 2020, 06:10:41 AM »
What...another endorsement of Hausergate.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #336 on: January 25, 2020, 07:07:19 AM »
What...another endorsement of Hausergate.
If anybody has a tape, please post video of the pick Howard pretended to set for Sacar late in OT. After Howard let the defender breeze by, Sacar had to alter his shot to avoid the defender (May have even gotten a piece) and his shot rimmed out. Even a marginal pick rather than blowing him a kiss would’ve resulted in a basket for Sacar.