[Today at 07:56:19 AM]

2024-25 Outlook by WellsstreetWanderer
[April 25, 2024, 10:03:37 PM]

Campus camp-out with cool flags? by FreewaysBurnerAccount
[April 25, 2024, 04:52:25 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 25, 2024, 02:51:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Juan Toscano Anderson Warriors #95  (Read 2935 times)

mutrainer71

• Walk-On
Juan Toscano Anderson Warriors #95
« on: February 08, 2020, 09:43:16 PM »
Making his NBA debut tonight for the (other) Warriors.  Wearing the highest number ever issued by GS.  Made a couple nice buckets at the end of the 3rd (and a nice shout out to MU and the East Oakland.  Also guarded LeBron and forced a turnover. Congrats young man!!

skianth16

• All American
Re: Juan Toscano Anderson Warriors #95
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2020, 01:03:02 AM »
Good for him. It's nice to see guys like Juan earn their moment in the league. His college career obviously wasn't representative of his true ability. 

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2020, 05:54:47 AM »
Great story...I watched some of the game.

Anybody familiar with things at The Al? Does his appearance with the Warriors get him added practice facility exposure like Marquette’s other NBA players or is that reserved for the “bigger” names (Jimmy/Jae/Matthews)? Just curious.

Was always a fan of Juan...I’m sure he’s on cloud 9.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2020, 06:10:25 AM »
Bigger names??
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2020, 07:51:30 AM »
Great story...I watched some of the game.

Anybody familiar with things at The Al? Does his appearance with the Warriors get him added practice facility exposure like Marquette’s other NBA players or is that reserved for the “bigger” names (Jimmy/Jae/Matthews)? Just curious.

Was always a fan of Juan...I’m sure he’s on cloud 9.

I am sure MU will quickly want to grab credit for another NBAer. This is especially true as Juan and Deonte are the two NBAers who played for Wojo now that Henry is out.

That said, when does the Scoop Intelligencia move Juan, Deonte, Nickeil Alexander-Walker  and Shayok out of the “Buzz can’t recruit high schoolers” column?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2020, 09:16:30 AM »
I am sure MU will quickly want to grab credit for another NBAer. This is especially true as Juan and Deonte are the two NBAers who played for Wojo now that Henry is out.

That said, when does the Scoop Intelligencia move Juan, Deonte, Nickeil Alexander-Walker  and Shayok out of the “Buzz can’t recruit high schoolers” column?

The fact that Buzz has to hang his hat on 3 guys that did nothing for him as his high school recruiting hits should be all the proof needed for the Scoop Intelligencia.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2020, 09:24:13 AM »
The fact that Buzz has to hang his hat on 3 guys that did nothing for him as his high school recruiting hits should be all the proof needed for the Scoop Intelligencia.

Well, that’s two questions. Can he spot and recruit high school talent? Could he develop it? Considering none played full term for him to fully answer the development question, these high school recruits turned into NBA players despite the Scoop narrative.

Feel free to debate the development narrative, but the high school talent spotting knock seems less so in retrospect.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2020, 09:35:32 AM »
Well, that’s two questions. Can he spot and recruit high school talent? Could he develop it? Considering none played full term for him to fully answer the development question, these high school recruits turned into NBA players despite the Scoop narrative.

Feel free to debate the development narrative, but the high school talent spotting knock seems less so in retrospect.

Counting Deonte, Juan, or Shayok for Buzz would be like if Harry figures it out 8 years from now and plays in the NBA and counting him towards Wojo’s hits. It’d be beyond silly.

Does Lute Olson get to claim Brandon Jennings? Does Jim O’Brien get to claim LeBron since LeBron has said he would’ve gone to Ohio $tate if he went to college, and since LeBron STILL has a locker there? Do Wojo, Buzz, and Prohm all get shared credit for Burton?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2020, 09:45:45 AM »
Counting Deonte, Juan, or Shayok for Buzz would be like if Harry figures it out 8 years from now and plays in the NBA and counting him towards Wojo’s hits. It’d be beyond silly.

Does Lute Olson get to claim Brandon Jennings? Does Jim O’Brien get to claim LeBron since LeBron has said he would’ve gone to Ohio $tate if he went to college, and since LeBron STILL has a locker there? Do Wojo, Buzz, and Prohm all get shared credit for Burton?

Of course, all four actually signed with Buzz and three of the four actually played for him.  But, I am silly to ask if the Scoop narrative changes on Buzz? One I actually agreed with until these recent developments.

Okay goal post shifter. I stand ready to give Tony Bennett his 100% due when Sam makes your NBA prediction true.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2020, 09:54:01 AM »

Question:  Do you see building a roster with grad transfers/transfers differently than JUCO's?

Our Elite 8 team (other than Trent Lockett), was comprised of all high school recruits.

Wojo hasn't exactly lit it up in 5 years with his high school recruits.

Probably best for you and others ProJos to just stop taking shots at Buzz, in an attempt to prop up Wojo's thin resume of accomplishment thus far.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2020, 09:59:45 AM »
Of course, all four actually signed with Buzz and three of the four actually played for him.  But, I am silly to ask if the Scoop narrative changes on Buzz? One I actually agreed with until these recent developments.

Okay goal post shifter. I stand ready to give Tony Bennett his 100% due when Sam makes your NBA prediction true.

Who were the best players on Buzz’s teams? Vander and Davante turned into good players. Otherwise everyone else was a transfer or a JUCO.

But I guess we’ll call Juan Anderson a star of Buzz’s.

Yes, very silly.

Question:  Do you see building a roster with grad transfers/transfers differently than JUCO's?

Our Elite 8 team (other than Trent Lockett), was comprised of all high school recruits.

Wojo hasn't exactly lit it up in 5 years with his high school recruits.

Probably best for you and others ProJos to just stop taking shots at Buzz, in an attempt to prop up Wojo's thin resume of accomplishment thus far.

Nobody’s trying to “prop up Wojo’s thin resume of accomplishments thus far.”

But sure. Really, really glad Buzz got us that superstar Juan Anderson. He killed it for Marquette. Definitely a high school recruit who outperformed his expectations here for us.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2020, 10:01:58 AM »
Good thread
Pleasure reading
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2020, 01:23:32 PM »
Never thought I’d see the day Juan Anderson made it to the league. Could not be more happy for him and his story

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2020, 01:40:40 PM »
5, 3 and 2 in 19 minutes of play in his first NBA action.