[Today at 04:40:13 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by BrewCity83
[Today at 04:40:04 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Dr. Blackheart
[Today at 04:38:52 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Coaching styles  (Read 4713 times)

Goose

• All American
Re: Coaching styles
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2020, 05:14:45 PM »
In regards to last night, I think whichever team ended up winning had some luck and the loser bit unlucky. Would have felt same way if X won. Crazy game and should ended in a tie. Happy we got the win and move on, but there was some luck involved.

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2020, 06:30:23 PM »
You've done a fine job of pointing out where MU caught some breaks last night while ignoring/dismissing the many factors they had to overcome to earn the win ... not the least of which was playing the final 22+ minutes without arguably the best player - and certainly best scorer - in the country. You somehow try to spin that into a positive for MU.

Some people have a complete lack of personal insight and awareness. I honestly think some of them truly aren't aware of what they're doing. They think they're "normal" and that everyone else should nit pick every win and loss just like they do.

I kinda pity them.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2020, 07:53:59 PM »
Some people have a complete lack of personal insight and awareness. I honestly think some of them truly aren't aware of what they're doing. They think they're "normal" and that everyone else should nit pick every win and loss just like they do.

I kinda pity them.

Appreciate your admission and candor here of what plagues you.  You have my sympathy.

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2020, 09:50:00 PM »
Appreciate your admission and candor here of what plagues you.  You have my sympathy.

I'm not the only one who sees you.

You're not really invisible, you know that right????

MU82

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2020, 09:54:25 PM »
Goodin had a progression to the mean game.  Unfortunate it happened against us.  Was that a function of bad defense?  He's a 29% 3pt shooter. For context Koby is 32% on the season.

X was 20% below their season FT shooting percentage - which means they missed 6 more FTs than their average.

MU shot 32 FTs to their 25...and yet some Scoopers were up in arms over the "home cooking."

Sacar's flagrant?  They made that up by fouling out Naji Marshall on a rebound that would have given X the ball too.

We were lucky as hell to come out of their with a victory.  If ever there was a game to lose Markus, it was this one, against an awful offensive team.  Losing Markus actually helped us become a better defensive team. 

Sometimes its better to be lucky than good.  Last night's win was generally a function of good luck.

Excellent cherry-picking of stats.

Yes, it wasn't at all unlucky that our Warriors had to play without the nation's leading scorer against a desperate team that was playing in front of a sold-out crowd.

It also wasn't at all unlucky that a guy who had missed his previous TWENTY 3s and had been out 2 weeks with a knee injury, suddenly turned into Steph Curry.

But hey, you insisted that Dawson was a better college basketball player than Rowsey, so you're the expert!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MU82

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2020, 09:55:52 PM »
Well said MU82. Posts like yours or most of Towers posts are the main reason I keep coming back to MUscoop.  It is refreshing to see mature posts by people who actually understand collegiate basketball and the many things that go with it in regards to recruiting, psychology, team unity, assistant coaches, team and individual ego's, etc. etc., etc.  There are so many things that go into coaching that so many of our posters, such as Elonsmusk, MUguru, MikeDeanesdark glasses, etc, have really no basic understanding of.  What amazes me is how people that post so often and seem to watch a lot of college basketball can really be so clueless about it.  I don't know how many times MUguru has made some silly post, then a more mature poster comes along with a great rebuttal to counteract his view point and yet he still doesn't get it.  MU82 or Tower are not homer's and will critique some of Wojo's or the players mistakes, but they do it with class and with a much better knowledge of the bigger picture. 

So thank you to the posters that actually get it, because most of us would no longer even visit this site if we didn't have some more knowledgeable and objective posters that are regulars on here.

Thank you. Very kind of you. tower is one of my favorites, too.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson