[April 19, 2024, 11:23:24 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:09:03 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: SJU is evil  (Read 4596 times)

tower912

• All American
SJU is evil
« on: January 21, 2020, 06:21:02 AM »
And must be destroyed!   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
Re: SJU is evil
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2020, 09:05:06 AM »
<a href="https://youtube.com/v/0xJwTzuF6Dw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/0xJwTzuF6Dw</a>

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2020, 09:08:48 AM »
<a href="https://youtube.com/v/0xJwTzuF6Dw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/0xJwTzuF6Dw</a>

I got to see that live...was very satisfying to see them lift the trophy.

What ever happened to the moderator from the Johnny Jungle site?  Didn't there used to be a bet for these games with Scoop?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 02:27:25 PM by Frenns Liquor Depot »

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2020, 09:14:44 AM »
I was 2 years old in 1977.  I started passionately following MU when they recruited Damon Key and were joining the MCC. 

So I cried my eyes out in 2013 after that lay-up.  To win (even a share of) a title in the old Big East was well beyond my wildest expectations growing up.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 09:49:00 AM by The Lens »
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2020, 09:22:17 AM »
College hoops, conference game...anything can happen....even if 3 or 4 NBA guys are on our team.  That’s why we play the games.  This will be a tough game!!!

https://youtu.be/UpCmN0TI7cE
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2020, 09:23:49 AM »

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2020, 09:57:53 AM »
<a href="https://youtube.com/v/MosiajdrDxI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/MosiajdrDxI</a>

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2020, 10:00:55 AM »
College hoops, conference game...anything can happen....even if 3 or 4 NBA guys are on our team.  That’s why we play the games.  This will be a tough game!!!

Cheeks, always raising expectations for MUBB

tower912

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2020, 10:14:12 AM »
Cheeks, if you behave the same way at work as  you do on this board, you aren't the only one counting the days until you retire to Idaho.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2020, 11:19:44 AM »
any update on greg's injury??

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2020, 11:32:53 AM »
Let’s Go Marquette!  Be Warriors tonight! 

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2020, 11:41:15 AM »
any update on greg's injury??

Yes, this.  Need all hands on deck.  Any word?

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2020, 11:51:12 AM »
Yes, this.  Need all hands on deck.  Any word?

Wouldn't count on him.  Was in a boot two days ago, and likely still is.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2020, 12:01:58 PM »
Wouldn't count on him.  Was in a boot two days ago, and likely still is.

I’d gather if he isn’t shown in the MU shoot around pic or video, he’s a no-go. I feel they try to show returning players in that.

Also, sad to see the “Evil and must be Destroyed” thread is not immune to someone trying to prove a point about Buzz.

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2020, 12:40:51 PM »
At what point does a school "become" evil? Is it on game day? Was St. John's evil yesterday? Will they be evil tomorrow? Does the aforementioned destruction extinguish any traces of our opponent's evil when the game is over? If an evil organization prevails over our guys, how long do they remain evil?

Is any team other than Marquette assumed to be evil at all times? Or does their placement on our schedule create the circumstances for them to become evil?

It is a given that the Johnnies "are" evil at this time, but what are the standards here?

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2020, 12:52:04 PM »
At what point does a school "become" evil? Is it on game day? Was St. John's evil yesterday? Will they be evil tomorrow? Does the aforementioned destruction extinguish any traces of our opponent's evil when the game is over? If an evil organization prevails over our guys, how long do they remain evil?

Is any team other than Marquette assumed to be evil at all times? Or does their placement on our schedule create the circumstances for them to become evil?

It is a given that the Johnnies "are" evil at this time, but what are the standards here?

Evil is as evil does.  Have a chocolate. 

Red Storm post game appears below.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 12:56:13 PM by 4everDawson »
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2020, 01:23:25 PM »
Have you ever seen a red storm? Totally evil.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2020, 01:40:06 PM »
St. Johns Pink cloud is soft, like cotton candy......

and must be destroyed!!!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 01:42:03 PM by WhoaJoe2020 »

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2020, 02:04:54 PM »
Can't say this too often:  MU's SJW mascot > than SJU's.

Btw, does anyone find it ironic what W stands for?

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2020, 02:15:29 PM »
What ever happened to the moderator from the Johnny Jungle site?  Didn't their used to be a bet for these games with Scoop?

We had a couple friendly wagers over games. Even meet him in person @ a SJU game. I'm pretty sure he closed down j his site last year (or two years ago?) But haven't chatted with him for a while.

Edit: completely wrong https://JohnnyJungle.com is still up and running.

Memory must be going...
« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 02:25:01 PM by rocky_warrior »

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2020, 02:23:06 PM »
Cheeks, if you behave the same way at work as  you do on this board, you aren't the only one counting the days until you retire to Idaho.

I’ve found over 25 years that setting realistic expectations save a lot of heartburn for many people.  If you are given a $1M budget and expected to get a $1B return...that’s a bad expectation.  Sometimes people don’t like to hear the truth and want yes men rah rah folks, but that usually doesn’t end well.

Pragmatic realism vs unicorn riding I’ll take everyday of the week.  Give me the honest, straight answer...not the one someone who has no responsibility for achieving it is spouting off about.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2020, 02:27:23 PM »
Cheeks, always raising expectations for MUBB

I have the highest...win and do it ethically with kids that will graduate.  Raising them all the time.

My point was, we win some and lose some.  This will be a tough game.  In 2011 with 3 or 4 future NBA guys we were beaten soundly by St John’s.

For giggles, guess what the spread of that game was?

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2020, 02:28:46 PM »
I’ve found over 25 years that setting realistic expectations save a lot of heartburn for many people.  If you are given a $1M budget and expected to get a $1B return...that’s a bad expectation.  Sometimes people don’t like to hear the truth and want yes men rah rah folks, but that usually doesn’t end well.

Pragmatic realism vs unicorn riding I’ll take everyday of the week.  Give me the honest, straight answer...not the one someone who has no responsibility for achieving it is spouting off about.

Now that is funny.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2020, 02:31:21 PM »

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2020, 02:34:31 PM »

" Outwit, Outplay, Outlast "

Words to survive by

feedback