Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Ed Morrow....chance to be in something good  (Read 33868 times)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: Ed Morrow....chance to be in something good
« Reply #125 on: January 23, 2020, 04:33:26 PM »
No one said you should be impressed with him.  Perhaps more sympathetic as you don't know the whole story, what his frustrations may be stemming from, or how unhappy he may have been.

I agree with this, and hold no ill will toward Ed. That said, it isn't inconceivable that he might come to regret his decision. Maybe Jayce or Theo get hurt, and he regrets the chance to finish his career on an up note. Or maybe we make a nice run, and he regrets not being part of a team that plays well into March. Or maybe as he matures, he regrets not being there for his teammates just in case.

None of us can know, and maybe the above scenarios are what JJJJJ was talking about.

Or maybe he is good with his decision for good, and that's fine too.

In any event, good luck to Ed.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #126 on: January 23, 2020, 04:46:16 PM »
Fighting an addiction and quitting on a group of a guys you've committed to play with and for midseason as a senior are vastly different situations.

Again, wish Ed well.  Hope he's able to make some money playing a game.

Was just joking around
Maigh Eo for Sam

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #127 on: January 23, 2020, 04:52:42 PM »
He wasn't happy with his role and he left.  It's not much of a secret.  If he truly was unhappy, I doubt he will have much regret.  He will undoubtedly play somewhere overseas if he wants, and how he ended his career at MU will have no bearing on that.

Wrong.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #128 on: January 23, 2020, 05:01:31 PM »

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #129 on: January 23, 2020, 05:46:56 PM »
Wrong.

Well then what's the deal, yo yo?

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #130 on: January 23, 2020, 05:48:33 PM »
I thought it was pretty fair.  I wished him well.  I said I hoped he had stayed.

The dude quit on his teammates, which is the real unfortunate bit here.  Per the basketball program, he's staying in school, so its not like he's leaving because he has to move to deal with a family matter, or some other terrible circumstance.  He quit because he was butthurt about his playing time. 

I wish Ed well, but you'll never see me be impressed with quitter.

#facepalm

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #131 on: January 23, 2020, 06:18:09 PM »
I'm not going to second guess the guy.

Good luck Ed.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #132 on: January 23, 2020, 09:37:27 PM »
I'm not going to second guess the guy.

Good luck Ed.

Dis. ^^^^^^^^^^^

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #133 on: January 23, 2020, 10:56:57 PM »
The first MU release said it all.   Personal reasons, leave it at that.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #134 on: January 23, 2020, 11:04:31 PM »
I hate seeing someone quit mid season. Shame.  Graduating, the alumni networking, etc...I don’t get it.  Wishing him the best in his future endeavors
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #135 on: January 24, 2020, 05:40:34 AM »
The sun'll come out to Morrow ...
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #136 on: January 24, 2020, 07:26:13 AM »
The sun'll come out to Morrow ...

Morrow was someone you could go to Combat with.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #137 on: January 24, 2020, 07:34:57 AM »
Morrow was someone you could go to Combat with.

Ohhh boy, now you’re aging us doc....would that be morrows named Vic for $500 Alex
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 07:31:16 AM by rocket surgeon »
don't...don't don't don't don't

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #138 on: January 24, 2020, 09:41:08 AM »
#facepalm

The facepalm is reciprocated. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #139 on: January 24, 2020, 05:40:14 PM »
If MU continues to win and play better, should/would the Selection Committee give them a better seed than they otherwise would have had Ed stayed? It seems to work the other way around when guys come back from injuries, suspensions, etc. Ed’s poor play in the Providence game was a major reason for that loss.

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #140 on: January 27, 2020, 07:09:55 AM »
FWIW, this is from someone connected to the program ....

Ed quit the team knowing full well he was ending his basketball career.  Not only at the college level, he is a fifth-year senior and could not transfer, but also any chance to play professionally after MU.

He is staying at MU to finish his degree.

Ed burned out of the game and lost passion/interest in playing.  That was the driver of his decision. This is why he was losing playing time.  He was losing his motivation to work hard enough to earn it back.

So instead of pouting on the bench, he made a mature decision to move on to the next stage of his life.  He felt this spring his time was better spent on academics so he can graduate.

I understand this will not sit well here because the answer always has to be it is Wojo's fault, and the answer must be it means the program is a disaster.
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #141 on: January 27, 2020, 07:31:11 AM »

Ed quit the team knowing full well he was ending his basketball career.  Not only at the college level, he is a fifth-year senior and could not transfer, but also any chance to play professionally after MU.

Ed burned out of the game and lost passion/interest in playing.  That was the driver of his decision. This is why he was losing playing time.  He was losing his motivation to work hard enough to earn it back.

So instead of pouting on the bench, he made a mature decision to move on to the next stage of his life.  He felt this spring his time was better spent on academics so he can graduate.

I understand this will not sit well here because the answer always has to be it is Wojo's fault, and the answer must be it means the program is a disaster.

Hey look scoop didn't know the full story and went on a rampage of the guy. What a surprise

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #142 on: January 27, 2020, 07:36:43 AM »
That is precisely why I try to wait for THE REST OF THE STORY...and there is probably more.  Ed was an upstanding guy and represents MU well.  Additionally,  is true, it will show Ed to be a very bright and pragmatic guy. Good luck to him
don't...don't don't don't don't

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #143 on: January 27, 2020, 08:02:38 AM »

Nothing is black and white.  Lots of shades of gray. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #144 on: January 27, 2020, 09:06:01 AM »

If true, I wouldn't be surprised by this. Over the years, many many many cases of athletes burning out, for whatever reason. This narrative makes a lot of sense, too.

We lose to Madison without Ed in 2018, and he was an important contributor in many other games. Seemed like a decent guy who also was well-liked by teammates. I wish him well in whatever he chooses to do with his life.

We Are Marquette!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #145 on: January 27, 2020, 09:12:10 AM »
If true, I wouldn't be surprised by this. Over the years, many many many cases of athletes burning out, for whatever reason. This narrative makes a lot of sense, too.

We lose to Madison without Ed in 2018, and he was an important contributor in many other games. Seemed like a decent guy who also was well-liked by teammates. I wish him well in whatever he chooses to do with his life.

We Are Marquette!
+1

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #146 on: January 27, 2020, 02:21:49 PM »
Hey look scoop didn't know the full story and went on a rampage of the guy. What a surprise

Yep Like those reporters Racing to the phones in the Black and White movies. 
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #147 on: January 27, 2020, 02:25:59 PM »
Yep Like those reporters Racing to the phones in the Black and White movies.

“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #148 on: January 27, 2020, 02:55:16 PM »
Good luck, Ed.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #149 on: January 27, 2020, 03:10:09 PM »

Wait, he's choosing to not pursue a professional career, or his decision to leave the program mid-season will make it impossible for him to play professionally after he graduates?