Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Ed Morrow....chance to be in something good  (Read 33884 times)

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
Re: Ed Morrow....chance to be in something good
« Reply #100 on: January 23, 2020, 12:20:50 PM »
Sorry to hear of his decision to leave the team. At least he overcame his emotions enough to remain and graduate. Wish nothing but the best for him

MUCam

• All American
« Reply #101 on: January 23, 2020, 12:33:55 PM »
Really dumb decision for Ed.  Can't imagine this is something he's going to be proud of down the line.

Since you obviously know all the facts, circumstances, and details surrounding his departure, perhaps you can fill us all in? It would be nice to know the whole factual story, so we can substantiate your opinions that it was a "really dumb decision," and not "something he's going to be proud of down the line."

You couldn't possibly be casting judgment on something you don't know everything or anything about, could you?

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #102 on: January 23, 2020, 12:42:20 PM »
He wasn't happy with his role and he left.  It's not much of a secret.  If he truly was unhappy, I doubt he will have much regret.  He will undoubtedly play somewhere overseas if he wants, and how he ended his career at MU will have no bearing on that.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #103 on: January 23, 2020, 12:42:50 PM »
You couldn't possibly be casting judgment on something you don't know everything or anything about, could you?

You're new around here, I see.
Scoop would be a very dull place if we didn't all cast judgement on things we don't know everything about.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #104 on: January 23, 2020, 12:54:37 PM »
Looking forward to more fine performances by Theo and Jayce, as we have received the last few games. I am glad that Wojo upgraded the position.

I have nothing but thanks to Ed for his hard work on behalf of the program, and I wish him well in whatever his life's endeavors might be.
+1
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Skip Intro

• Team Captain
« Reply #105 on: January 23, 2020, 01:05:24 PM »
Wonder who his roommate is

Good point - and with him still taking classes, I wonder where he'll live now?  Off campus?  And does his scholarship disappear once he leaves the team? 

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #106 on: January 23, 2020, 01:07:10 PM »
The team seems to be playing better the past couple of games, so barring injuries to our bigs, maybe everyone is better off.

But if Theo or Jayce get injured, both Ed and the team may wish he had stuck it out.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 01:08:42 PM by GooooMarquette »

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #107 on: January 23, 2020, 01:07:27 PM »
Wish him the best and success in the future.  We appreciate the effort he put in with the team.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #108 on: January 23, 2020, 01:20:57 PM »
He didn't want to risk his status for the NFL by playing in meaningless exhibitions.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

BubbaWilliams

• Team Captain
  • "He's a great player, but an even better person."
« Reply #109 on: January 23, 2020, 01:22:59 PM »
I wish him safe... Travels.
"Say hello to your mom for me." - Biff Tannen

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #110 on: January 23, 2020, 01:23:45 PM »
Since you obviously know all the facts, circumstances, and details surrounding his departure, perhaps you can fill us all in? It would be nice to know the whole factual story, so we can substantiate your opinions that it was a "really dumb decision," and not "something he's going to be proud of down the line."

Lol.  The dude quit in the middle of his senior season because he was unhappy with role.  He'll never play another minute of college basketball.  I wish he had stayed, but he got the minutes - or perhaps more - than he frankly deserved.

So yes, I do think think down the road Ed will have wished he swallowed his pride and finished the season. We'll miss his 5 fouls, and we'll miss him more if JJ and Theo get injured and have to miss games.  Outside of that, not sure there is much of a loss.

Wish the kid well.  But I will always think that quitting on your team is dumb decision.  Don't give two fu**s if you agree or not. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #111 on: January 23, 2020, 01:24:15 PM »
Maigh Eo for Sam

🏀

• All American
« Reply #112 on: January 23, 2020, 01:35:17 PM »

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #113 on: January 23, 2020, 01:53:53 PM »
Best wishes to Ed.

It occurred to me that we saw MU begin to employ the 'Markus-less 2-3 zone' in the last game.  I'd expect that trend to continue during his brief rest breaks and in specialty situations where Wojo has the ability to go offense/defense.  It'll save wear and tear on the Center position and help protect those 10 fouls.  I'll also be watching for the Centerless wrinkle to emerge pretty quickly.  Cain?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 01:55:44 PM by jsglow »

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #114 on: January 23, 2020, 02:05:14 PM »
Lol.  The dude quit in the middle of his senior season because he was unhappy with role.  He'll never play another minute of college basketball.  I wish he had stayed, but he got the minutes - or perhaps more - than he frankly deserved.

So yes, I do think think down the road Ed will have wished he swallowed his pride and finished the season. We'll miss his 5 fouls, and we'll miss him more if JJ and Theo get injured and have to miss games.  Outside of that, not sure there is much of a loss.

Wish the kid well.  But I will always think that quitting on your team is dumb decision.  Don't give two fu**s if you agree or not.

Your post is rather unfortunate.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #115 on: January 23, 2020, 02:17:10 PM »

I mean I'm purely speculating here, but I can't help but wonder if he was told last year after the Hauser's left that he'd be playing more 4 this year, and hence why he worked on his jump shot all offseason. IF that is the case, and of course he ended up playing the 5 behind Theo and Jayce, I can understand why he'd be frustrated.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

MUCam

• All American
« Reply #116 on: January 23, 2020, 02:21:35 PM »

Unfortunate indeed, from my vantage point. To each, their own. Good for JJJJ and his steadfast conviction, I guess.

Empathy is a lost art. You never know what anyone is going through until you take some time to get to know them. But that doesn't stop us from judging others, often without fully understanding that which we judge.

James 4:11-12

Best wishes to Ed.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #117 on: January 23, 2020, 02:27:06 PM »

I thought it was pretty fair.  I wished him well.  I said I hoped he had stayed.

The dude quit on his teammates, which is the real unfortunate bit here.  Per the basketball program, he's staying in school, so its not like he's leaving because he has to move to deal with a family matter, or some other terrible circumstance.  He quit because he was butthurt about his playing time. 

I wish Ed well, but you'll never see me be impressed with quitter. 

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #118 on: January 23, 2020, 02:29:07 PM »
I mean I'm purely speculating here, but I can't help but wonder if he was told last year after the Hauser's left that he'd be playing more 4 this year, and hence why he worked on his jump shot all offseason. IF that is the case, and of course he ended up playing the 5 behind Theo and Jayce, I can understand why he'd be frustrated.

Maybe he should have worked on being able to make a shot outside of 2 feet with a defender on him.  Or putting the ball on the ground without traveling.  Two things that would be pretty vital to getting minutes at the 4, and he was 100% completely unable to do either.  I don't doubt Wojo told him he'd get minutes at the 4 before he transferred, and perhaps again when the Hausers left.  But its not like Ed went out there and earned more minutes with the playing time he did receive, and he showed absolutely no ability to play anything other than right under the basket. 
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 02:30:56 PM by JamilJaeJamailJrJuan »

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #119 on: January 23, 2020, 02:29:55 PM »
I thought it was pretty fair.  I wished him well.  I said I hoped he had stayed.

The dude quit on his teammates, which is the real unfortunate bit here.  Per the basketball program, he's staying in school, so its not like he's leaving because he has to move to deal with a family matter, or some other terrible circumstance.  He quit because he was butthurt about his playing time. 

No one said you should be impressed with him.  Perhaps more sympathetic as you don't know the whole story, what his frustrations may be stemming from, or how unhappy he may have been.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #120 on: January 23, 2020, 02:31:47 PM »
Good to see Ed is in a place mentally/personally that he can at least finish school. As far as basketball goes, it seems the team needed him to take on more of a Matt Heldt type role the remainder of the season and he just wasn’t interested in doing that. I’ll never watch a game this season and think, “damn, I wish we had Ed.” Even if the bigs are in foul trouble. He didn’t want to be on the team anymore and has moved on. I have as well.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #121 on: January 23, 2020, 02:32:36 PM »

Even if he worked on it, he wasn't good enough. Couldn't put him out there at the 4, he would have been a complete liability in both ends.

I understand the frustration, like you said. But he didn't earn more minutes than he received.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #122 on: January 23, 2020, 02:35:23 PM »

You should bring that philosophy to an AA meeting.
Maigh Eo for Sam

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #123 on: January 23, 2020, 02:36:39 PM »
Best wishes to Ed.

It occurred to me that we saw MU begin to employ the 'Markus-less 2-3 zone' in the last game.  I'd expect that trend to continue during his brief rest breaks and in specialty situations where Wojo has the ability to go offense/defense.  It'll save wear and tear on the Center position and help protect those 10 fouls.  I'll also be watching for the Centerless wrinkle to emerge pretty quickly.  Cain?
That would make a heck of a user name

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #124 on: January 23, 2020, 04:14:32 PM »
You should bring that philosophy to an AA meeting.

Fighting an addiction and quitting on a group of a guys you've committed to play with and for midseason as a senior are vastly different situations.

Again, wish Ed well.  Hope he's able to make some money playing a game.