'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:01:08 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Wring out a Hoya  (Read 18012 times)

CountryRoads

• All American
Re: Wring out a Hoya
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2020, 04:05:50 PM »
Or his team didn’t execute it properly vs PC.

Wojo was able to call a timeout today and give the instructions. That didn’t happen against Providence and it would have been on the players to know to foul. I was ok not fouling against providence but happy they did today.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2020, 04:12:29 PM »
This seems very No-Jo. Wojo can't coach his team for late game situations? Cut him some slack. Maybe a 25% 3 point shooter got lucky?

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2020, 04:16:41 PM »
By the time it got below 10 seconds against Providence. There may have been an opportunity to foul, but you run the risk of a guy pulling up quick. Plus, we’d need our players to be watching the clock. So I think it’s better to go all in on fouling once they get beyond half court, or playing it out.

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2020, 04:19:41 PM »

Coaches are never going to be perfect, players are never going to be perfect, they just have to be good enough to win. Today they were. Enjoy.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2020, 04:21:30 PM »
Strong first half from Sacar and Bailey. Carried the team when Markus sat.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2020, 04:24:19 PM »
PIP+FTM:  MU 46, GT 45
Second chance points:  MU 17, GT 8

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2020, 04:24:50 PM »
This seems very No-Jo. Wojo can't coach his team for late game situations? Cut him some slack. Maybe a 25% 3 point shooter got lucky?

It’s neither.  Look, we have all seen coaches draw up plays in hoops, football, etc that don’t always get executed.  I don’t know if that was the case then, but mentioning it as a possibility.  It would seem to me the idea of fouling up 3 would be a consistent philosophy without much waivering.  You either believe in it or you don’t with potentially some exceptions based on size or the other team if they are horrendous 3 point shooters.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

jonny09

• Team Captain
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2020, 04:27:01 PM »
It’s neither.  Look, we have all seen coaches draw up plays in hoops, football, etc that don’t always get executed.  I don’t know if that was the case then, but mentioning it as a possibility.  It would seem to me the idea of fouling up 3 would be a consistent philosophy without much waivering.  You either believe in it or you don’t with potentially some exceptions based on size or the other team if they are horrendous 3 point shooters.

The word out here is great win.  However, people are still saying Cheeks doesn’t know basketball.  I’m trying to stick up for the guy, but it’s getting ugly out here.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2020, 04:27:19 PM »
Dr. B

I like the trend on second chance points. Johnson has an eye for it and Bailey’s rebounding is getting better by the game.

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2020, 04:27:29 PM »
Stupid to say every game BUT I will.  St. John’s is a must win at home if we are goi g to be upper half this year.  Good to have some momentum.  Let’s burry the Johnnies!

St. John's absolutely should have beaten SH today. Would have been huge for all the other teams looking to stay in the conf race, especially with DePaul taking down Butler. Hall has a Villanova-like ability to make winning plays down the stretch this year.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2020, 04:27:45 PM »
Strong first half from Sacar and Bailey. Carried the team when Markus sat.

Yes. That was a key stretch. I never feel very confident once Markus sits. The fact he sat for 5 minutes and we either held serve or increased lead was huge. The rest Markus got while sitting may very well helped him down the stretch.

Thought Wojo coached a good game today.  His long leash with Koby paid off at the end.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2020, 04:28:04 PM »

Both of these things can be true.
And in this case, they are.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2020, 04:28:43 PM »
Bailey was a rather quiet but very steady force that game. Hit the glass and was defending well. Glad he's a soph. Jayce has been exactly what MU needed and it came it a great time. Markus, well, incredible as usual.

I don't have a problem with Mcclung. I don't see any attitude issues or anything. He's a fun player to watch when he's not against MU.

Jayce getting stronger. He will benefit with Ed taking a leave.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2020, 04:29:44 PM »
The word out here is great win.  However, people are still saying Cheeks doesn’t know basketball.  I’m trying to stick up for the guy, but it’s getting ugly out here.

That’s awesome....have you told people how much you think Johnson sucks and how you pound on him all the time....for a guy that “knows” basketball like you.  LOL
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

jonny09

• Team Captain
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2020, 04:31:11 PM »
That’s awesome....have you told people how much you think Johnson sucks and how you pound on him all the time....for a guy that “knows” basketball like you.  LOL

Nothing funny out here.  100 percent of people out here think your takes are junk.

jonny09

• Team Captain
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2020, 04:32:17 PM »

Nothing funny out here.  100 percent of people out here think your takes are junk.

I’m simply listening.  I thought you would at least have one supporter.  Nope.  Not one. It’s quite shocking.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2020, 04:33:03 PM »
Dr. B

I like the trend on second chance points. Johnson has an eye for it and Bailey’s rebounding is getting better by the game.

+2 Both had unsung games. At Creighton, BB was the only Warrior on the floor, hustling till the end.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2020, 04:33:35 PM »
You guys gotta ruin every thread hey?

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2020, 04:33:48 PM »
Those 3 points the ref took away from Markus in the first half would have made this one much easier to win......

Great job fellas!
That was a terrible call, worse all year, especially when it was done 3 times by GT with no calls.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2020, 04:34:05 PM »
You guys gotta ruin every thread hey?
There is a Common Denominator to ruined threads.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2020, 04:34:12 PM »
Nice win. Important win. Nice going, Warriors!

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2020, 04:43:36 PM »
Those 3 points the ref took away from Markus in the first half would have made this one much easier to win......

Great job fellas!
Yes...what a joke.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2020, 04:45:09 PM »

Great job fellas!
That was a terrible call, worse all year, especially when it was done 3 times by GT with no calls.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

jonny09

• Team Captain
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2020, 04:48:41 PM »
Talking to yourself, 1 out of 1....that’s awesome.

He expert, how did Jayce do today...you are oddly silent since early December when you trashed him at every turn.

No.  Real audience out here.  About 30 MU fans who think you’re not smart.  I’m trying to stick up for you.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2020, 04:48:45 PM »
10. There was 18 seconds left on the clock in the PC game. The shot went up with 9 seconds left. There was an instant under 10 seconds to foul before the shot went up, but these were different scenarios.
? No. Duke was dribbling at the top of the key with 6.5 seconds left looking to make the pass. Shot went up with under 5 seconds left.