[Today at 02:05:40 PM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by MU82
[Today at 01:58:18 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[Today at 01:49:43 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Galway Eagle
[Today at 01:20:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Anybody going to Georgetown game?  (Read 3180 times)

MU82

• All American
Anybody going to Georgetown game?
« on: January 14, 2020, 09:45:48 AM »
Mrs. 82 and I have decided to make the drive up from NC for the game. Already got some tickets from a friend.

Staying Friday night at a hotel near the arena. After the game, we'll go visit family in the DC area.

Does anybody know if there any activities for MU alums either Fri night or Sat before the game? Because of where we live, we don't get to do this often, so any other info that would help us enjoy our MU-on-the-road experience would be appreciated.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
Re: Anybody going to Georgetown game?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2020, 09:54:36 AM »
Mrs. 82 and I have decided to make the drive up from NC for the game. Already got some tickets from a friend.

Staying Friday night at a hotel near the arena. After the game, we'll go visit family in the DC area.

Does anybody know if there any activities for MU alums either Fri night or Sat before the game? Because of where we live, we don't get to do this often, so any other info that would help us enjoy our MU-on-the-road experience would be appreciated.

There is usually something at Clyde’s beforehand.

mucrew08

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2020, 10:01:18 AM »
There is a 5K run (start and end at the Les Aspin Center) and a MU reception at Bar Louie.

Here is the link: https://alumni.marquette.edu/mbb-georgetown-2020

I'm heading out from Central Wisconsin and another alum is driving down from Baltimore. Hopefully its a good showing!

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2020, 12:45:47 PM »

There's a nice pre-game mass just a few blocks from the arena. I'll forward you the deets, bruh.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2020, 02:12:50 PM »
My wife and I will be coming up from West Central Virginia and staying overnight. I will be wearing the MU scarf that I bought in NYC at the BET last year. I'll also be wearing my "Let's Go Warriors '67-'68" button. Very slim chance that we will cross paths but stop by to say hello if you see me.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2020, 02:36:01 PM »
There's a nice pre-game mass just a few blocks from the arena. I'll forward you the deets, bruh.

Cool. I haven't had the opportunity to get raped by a priest yet.

+++

Otherwise, thanks to the non-d-bags who have answered my questions. Maybe I'll see some of you either at the reception or the game.

WarriorInNYC

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2020, 02:46:11 PM »
Will be taking the train down from NYC Friday night.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2020, 11:12:54 PM »

+++

Otherwise, thanks to the non-d-bags who have answered my questions. Maybe I'll see some of you either at the reception or the game.

We will pray together. Then, something else will happen. Not pleasant for you. Looking forward to it!
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2020, 07:43:29 AM »
We will pray together. Then, something else will happen. Not pleasant for you. Looking forward to it!

Dribble.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2020, 08:45:26 AM »
MU 82 and whoever else will be at the game- my wife and I will be in section 215, row D if you would like to chat a bit at half time. Other than visiting the "coffee recycling center" I'll be there during the half (I'm too much of a cheapskate to buy overpriced beer.) I will bring my '69-'70 MU bball press booklet that has some great caricatures of the players and Al along with quite a bit of info if you are interested in ancient history. Some MU students at the MU-St. John's game in NYC seemed to really enjoy seeing the booklet. Or....maybe they were just trying to humor me.

I'll be wearing the MU scarf I bought at the BET last year, a navy blue pullover and my "Let's Go Warriors '67-'68" button. Yep....look for an old guy. Class of '70.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2020, 08:52:04 AM »

+++

that was nasty-how about a teacher?  probably better from the home econ one than shop teacher though. 

nothing wrong with saying hello to THE MAN every now and then-only good can happen
don't...don't don't don't don't

MU82

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2020, 09:32:45 AM »
MU 82 and whoever else will be at the game- my wife and I will be in section 215, row D if you would like to chat a bit at half time. Other than visiting the "coffee recycling center" I'll be there during the half (I'm too much of a cheapskate to buy overpriced beer.) I will bring my '69-'70 MU bball press booklet that has some great caricatures of the players and Al along with quite a bit of info if you are interested in ancient history. Some MU students at the MU-St. John's game in NYC seemed to really enjoy seeing the booklet. Or....maybe they were just trying to humor me.

I'll be wearing the MU scarf I bought at the BET last year, a navy blue pullover and my "Let's Go Warriors '67-'68" button. Yep....look for an old guy. Class of '70.

Thanks, S.S.

I don't know where we're sitting yet, as a friend will be leaving us seats at will-call, but if I get a chance I'll definitely say hello. I always enjoy meeting fellow Scoopers.

Otherwise, we probably won't get to the official reception because we are meeting family for brunch, but maybe we'll pop into Clyde's for a pregame libation, depending on the timing of everything.

Safe travels to all out-of-towners. Friday and Sunday are supposed to be OK, weather-wise, but they're saying snow showers and freezing rain are possible for Saturday.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2020, 10:00:44 AM »
Thanks, S.S.

I don't know where we're sitting yet, as a friend will be leaving us seats at will-call, but if I get a chance I'll definitely say hello. I always enjoy meeting fellow Scoopers.

Otherwise, we probably won't get to the official reception because we are meeting family for brunch, but maybe we'll pop into Clyde's for a pregame libation, depending on the timing of everything.

Safe travels to all out-of-towners. Friday and Sunday are supposed to be OK, weather-wise, but they're saying snow showers and freezing rain are possible for Saturday.

Yeah.... about the weather. We live in a rural area near the Blue Ridge mountains with hilly, steep roads with a noticeable crown on the roads for drainage so If we are not there, we decided that our lives are worth more than getting to the game. I like trees but not too close up and personal. If we get there early enough maybe we will go to Clyde's but it's really a long shot.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2020, 10:06:11 AM »
If we are not there, we decided that our lives are worth more than getting to the game.

Shame on you, man ... you gotta get your priorities straight!

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2020, 10:43:47 AM »
I got really excited that my February trip to DC would coincide with Marquette/Georgetown. Unfortunately I will be in DC when they play in Milwaukee.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2020, 11:24:44 AM »
I got really excited that my February trip to DC would coincide with Marquette/Georgetown. Unfortunately I will be in DC when they play in Milwaukee.

No problem! Let's get Wojo and Ewing on the phone and tell them they need to swap the games. February works better for me anyway.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2020, 11:48:20 AM »
Shame on you, man ... you gotta get your priorities straight!

Thank you for your sage advice. It impressed me so much that I printed it out and put it in circular file #13.

feedback