[April 22, 2024, 08:17:35 PM]

MU Alumni playing in European and Foreign Leagues Thread by mileskishnish72
[April 22, 2024, 04:17:36 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by WeAreMarquette96
[April 22, 2024, 01:49:31 PM]

[Paint Touches] Way-Too-Early roundup of MU rankings by tower912
[April 22, 2024, 01:29:28 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Oops  (Read 23989 times)

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
Re: Oops
« Reply #150 on: January 09, 2020, 11:29:36 AM »
Plus, I think the shot clock was at 5.
I had to re-watch, but 16 seconds on the shot clock when he caught the ball.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #151 on: January 09, 2020, 11:33:42 AM »
Great info.  Well..he is 0-9 this year in "long 2's," and only 27% last year..so not very good.  But, still don't think it helps a player's confidence getting yanked for essentially missing a wide open shot at FT line.
Right, and I don't know what the cut-off for a long 2 is, but he took that from 16 feet.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #152 on: January 09, 2020, 12:02:36 PM »
I had to re-watch, but 16 seconds on the shot clock when he caught the ball.

Stand corrected. 

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #153 on: January 09, 2020, 12:11:29 PM »
Said this in the game thread but woof

Providence #99 NET (puke) with losses to Northwestern, Penn, Long Beach State, College of Charleston & Rhode Island

If you think that that was the team that showed up to play MU you are mistaken.  They have improved immensely since having a very poor start to the season.  They are legitimately at the top of the Big East standings.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #154 on: January 09, 2020, 12:13:31 PM »
If you think that that was the team that showed up to play MU you are mistaken.  They have improved immensely since having a very poor start to the season.  They are legitimately at the top of the Big East standings.
I agree with this, Providence is not going to finish at or particularly near the bottom of the standings.  We still should have won that game.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #155 on: January 09, 2020, 12:17:31 PM »
Stand corrected.
You owe me for the pain inflicted in having to watch it again.

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #156 on: January 09, 2020, 12:21:25 PM »
I agree with this, Providence is not going to finish at or particularly near the bottom of the standings.  We still should have won that game.
That's what I was wondering. If every team in the conference is supposedly better that Providence, then how the heck is Marquette going to win enough games to make the  NCAA tournament? Even the NIT ???  Would love it if someone who has seen all the teams play would give their take on the league top to bottom.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 12:39:52 PM by WhoaJoe2020 »

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #157 on: January 09, 2020, 01:15:10 PM »
That's what I was wondering. If every team in the conference is supposedly better that Providence, then how the heck is Marquette going to win enough games to make the  NCAA tournament? Even the NIT ???  Would love it if someone who has seen all the teams play would give their take on the league top to bottom.

I've seen everyone play and I'm still not sure. Butler looks really good, that's about the only thing that's concrete. Villanova and Creighton I think are good, but have shown inconsistencies. Marquette, Seton Hall, Providence, Xavier, St. John's, and DePaul look really good at times and really bad at times. The only team I think is actually pretty bad is Georgetown, who did fine in non-con, but wins over Texas and Syracuse really aren't that impressive anymore and their depleted roster will be a thorn in their side with the consistent challenge of conference play.

Basically...

Really good: Butler
Probably good: Villanova and Creighton
Flip a coin: Marquette, Seton Hall, Providence, Xavier, St. John's, DePaul
Not good: Georgetown
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #158 on: January 09, 2020, 01:19:44 PM »
I would hope that everyone on this board has seen every Big East team play way more than once this year.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 01:23:06 PM by Mr. Nielsen »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #159 on: January 09, 2020, 01:29:24 PM »
I've seen everyone play and I'm still not sure. Butler looks really good, that's about the only thing that's concrete. Villanova and Creighton I think are good, but have shown inconsistencies. Marquette, Seton Hall, Providence, Xavier, St. John's, and DePaul look really good at times and really bad at times. The only team I think is actually pretty bad is Georgetown, who did fine in non-con, but wins over Texas and Syracuse really aren't that impressive anymore and their depleted roster will be a thorn in their side with the consistent challenge of conference play.

Basically...

Really good: Butler, Seton Hall
Decent, but not great: Marquette, Providence, Xavier, St. John's, DePaul, Georgetown

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #160 on: January 09, 2020, 01:31:53 PM »
I would hope that everyone on this board has seen every Big East team play way more than once this year.

I haven't seen a single BE team play any games unless they have played Marquette.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #161 on: January 09, 2020, 01:47:48 PM »
Right, and I don't know what the cut-off for a long 2 is, but he took that from 16 feet.

Yea.  The stats linked by Blackheart certainly are worse than I would have imagined, and support your position.  Yet I do feel a high major kid should be able to take that shot without incurring the wrath of our coach.  No doubt there have been far worse shot attempts launched by our guys than that shot!

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #162 on: January 09, 2020, 01:52:44 PM »
You owe me for the pain inflicted in having to watch it again.

Deepest apologies.  Your choice: 72 virgins upon death or Arby's?

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #163 on: January 09, 2020, 02:20:25 PM »

Basically...

So it looks like Marquette has to scrape nine wins out of the flip a coin group, or maybe steal a win out of either VU or CU to get to the dance. Not a lot of margin for error but doable I guess.
I don't think we're winning the BEast tournament this year.

Do you think  Marquette has the personnel to make enough adjustments to beat Creighton at home? I didn't get to see the first game. 

Side question.... What record gets us into the dance?

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #164 on: January 09, 2020, 02:43:12 PM »
So it looks like Marquette has to scrape nine wins out of the flip a coin group, or maybe steal a win out of either VU or CU to get to the dance. Not a lot of margin for error but doable I guess.
I don't think we're winning the BEast tournament this year.

Do you think  Marquette has the personnel to make enough adjustments to beat Creighton at home? I didn't get to see the first game. 

Side question.... What record gets us into the dance?

In order...

• Anyone could win the Big East Tournament this year.
  • I do. For me, that was Wojo's most poorly coached game of the year. While Wisconsin hit prayers and Maryland just manhandled us, Creighton won due to coaching decisions and failures to adjust. I don't expect it to be that easy in the return trip.
  • Hard to say right now. 10-8 stone cold lock. 9-9 probably gets us in. 8-10 we'll probably be crossing fingers for Dayton. But it's really early and the bubble already looks congested.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

feedback