'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Tyler COLEk
[Today at 12:53:11 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Seating/ticket announcement from Scholl  (Read 3841 times)

Sir Lawrence

• All American
Seating/ticket announcement from Scholl
« on: April 17, 2020, 10:05:40 AM »

Good Morning,

We hope that you and your loved ones are doing well amid the COVID-19 pandemic. In times like these, we are grateful for the Marquette community more than ever. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and everyone that is suffering from the human and economic effects of this disease.

We also want to extend our gratitude for your support of our Men’s Basketball program throughout the 2019-20 season. With your help, we averaged 15,145 fans per game, which ranked 15th in the nation in average attendance. That includes four sellouts of Fiserv Forum. In addition, through the generous contributions to the Blue and Gold Fund from our season ticket members, we generated over $4.1 million in scholarship support for Marquette student-athletes. We cannot say THANK YOU enough!

We understand the COVID-19 pandemic has affected everyone in profound and different ways, and it is clear there will be a lasting economic impact. With that in mind, Marquette Athletics has made the decision to carry over 2019-20 season ticket prices and donation levels into the 2020-21 season. Marquette basketball is a source of pride for the University, its alumni, and fans in Milwaukee and beyond, and we are committed to keeping an affordable and family-friendly experience going forward.

In addition, we will offer the option for season ticket members to request to order their same seat locations from last season, regardless of priority point ranking*. You will also have the option to select improved seat locations based on availability at your priority point ranking. (*The Marquette Athletic Department reserves the right to change any seating assignment without prior notice, thus there are no guarantees.)

In late May, we will be in touch with more information regarding an improved seat selection process and timeline. In the meantime, please know that there is nothing you need to do right now as it pertains to your season tickets, including making a donation for priority points. For now, focus on taking care of yourself and your loved ones.

Thank you again for everything you do to support Marquette Athletics and our Men’s Basketball program. We hope to see you back in Fiserv Forum this fall. Should you have any questions, please contact the Marquette Ticket Office by phone or text at (414)288-4668, by email at athletics@marquette.edu or contact the Blue and Gold Fund at (414) 288-3988 or blueandgoldfund@marquette.edu.

We Are Marquette!

Bill Scholl
Vice President and Director of Intercollegiate Athletics
Marquette University

Marquette Athletics
770 N. 12th St.
Milwaukee, WI 53233
athletics@marquette.edu

« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 11:22:27 AM by Sir Lawrence »
Ludum habemus.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
Re: Setaing/ticket announcement from Scholl
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2020, 10:37:21 AM »
Same pricing and same seats if you choice so!
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2020, 10:41:46 AM »
Same pricing and same seats if you choice so!

So, if I select my same seats, and a bunch of people with higher points flood my section due to all the uncertainty, would I likely get my same seats? Or is it, you get your same seats as long as someone with more points doesn’t get them first?

MU threw in the caveat that it’s not guaranteed.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2020, 02:51:47 PM »
So, if I select my same seats, and a bunch of people with higher points flood my section due to all the uncertainty, would I likely get my same seats? Or is it, you get your same seats as long as someone with more points doesn’t get them first?

MU threw in the caveat that it’s not guaranteed.

The way I read it, they will go in order of preference. So start at #1, they can keep their seats if they want. Go down the list. If people drop out, then when it gets to your number, you have the option to move to those seats ahead of you. Not sure how they'd handle it if people in the high rent district wanted to maintain seats but move back, though. Can't imagine they'd stick them all upstairs, so it's definitely a valid question.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Slim

• All American
Re: Seating/ticket announcement from Scholl
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2020, 03:58:39 PM »
It seems we will likely need to make our seat selection before we learn if games will exclude fan attendance.

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2020, 04:58:32 PM »
I could be wrong, but I read it as -

You can keep your same seats (your seats will be unavailable during re-seating),
OR
you can participate in the re-seating process.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2020, 05:07:37 PM »
I could be wrong, but I read it as -

You can keep your same seats (your seats will be unavailable during re-seating),
OR
you can participate in the re-seating process.

Agreed - that's my interpretation too.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2020, 11:30:08 PM »
The way I read it, they will go in order of preference. So start at #1, they can keep their seats if they want. Go down the list. If people drop out, then when it gets to your number, you have the option to move to those seats ahead of you. Not sure how they'd handle it if people in the high rent district wanted to maintain seats but move back, though. Can't imagine they'd stick them all upstairs, so it's definitely a valid question.

Rather like the Chicago Bears do it.

You renew your season tickets and, when the renewals are done, if you want different seats, they'll allow you to select based on a computer program of open seats.

With the Bears, the portal opens at, say noon, and it is first come first served.

GOO

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2020, 05:02:08 PM »
What is really going to happen as far as season tickets go anyway?  Anyone with any ideas or insight?

I can't see paying for our 4 tickets for this year knowing that I won't use them if they play before full crowds.

My guess is they play games before very sparse crowds, spread out around the stadium.  Maybe 4 or 5 thousand fans?

For me, the worst case would be buy all 4 season tickets and MU and Fiserve just open it up and play the games, knowing a lot of people won't show up.  I then wasted money on 4 season tickets.  I know this isn't a likely outcome, but it is a possible outcome as of now.

I could see Fiserve limiting seating and attendance.  Will tickets then be at random, or by points?  I would assume points, so maybe the top 1000 point holders get tickets?

Or order tickets, and they just play in an empty Fiserve without fans and we get our money back.  in which case, they should just play at the Al.

Either way, what a cluster financially for schools. I assume some schools may go under or not play this year, especially at the lower end of the D-1 schools.  I would think the price of buy games is going way down, unless they contracts are already locked in.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2020, 05:07:32 PM »
Sometimes when I think of how long this "could" go .. I think that in 3 months everyone will just say eff-it and return to normal and let god sort it out.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2020, 05:10:35 PM »
Fiserv.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2020, 07:26:47 PM »
Sometimes when I think of how long this "could" go .. I think that in 3 months everyone will just say eff-it and return to normal and let god sort it out.

I suspect for all but those at high risk that day will arrive well before 90 days pass.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2020, 07:48:33 PM »
I suspect for all but those at high risk that day will arrive well before 90 days pass.

Interesting...I have no interest in flying, being in large and compact crowds or even going out to eat.  If numbers continue to decline, and the treatment drugs continue to evolve I might feel differently. Right now I'm good hanging with the family and being outside.  Look forward to watching some sports on TV.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2020, 08:21:23 PM »
Interesting...I have no interest in flying, being in large and compact crowds or even going out to eat.  If numbers continue to decline, and the treatment drugs continue to evolve I might feel differently. Right now I'm good hanging with the family and being outside.  Look forward to watching some sports on TV.

Right now it’s been 35 days (give or take). I’m sure many young, healthy people who are out of work or are working part time or full time remotely share your sentiments. 90 days out?

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2020, 05:20:48 AM »
Obviously they will follow whatever the governor's guidelines are at the time. Empty stadiums or significantly reduced seating are likely all on the table if things don't change or if we have a second spike before there's a vaccine. I don't expect large scale reopening, at least not in the "back to normal" sense until some time next year.

They'll find ways for many businesses to be able to open back up sooner, but sporting events in particular, where there is significant physical contact between athletes traveling between regions & tens of thousands of fans sitting six inches apart seems like a part of the economy that will be among the last to return to normalcy.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

feedback